Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Witch Girl

Ok so here are my thoughts. The project part was easy, that was just anxiety. I always get dreams like that when I'm at a stressful point in life, and last week I was stressing out a lot over everything I had to get done. The class issue with that boy Kyle I don't really understand....maybe my dream trying to tell me to reason/work through my issues? I don't know :/ The second part I get, I think. I believe this dream largely had to do with relationship issues I was having. Lately I've been unhappy in that area because I'm just not comfortable with the sexual aspect of things, having decided I really just wasn't ready for that sort of stuff yet. Not that my boyfriend ever pressures me, it's more like I pressure myself to go along with what I think he wants. So keeping that in mind, my teacher acting out of character represents how I feel as if I'm acting far out of character when trying to be sexual. It's just not me at all. I know water in dreams a lot of times signifies emotions, and this time I think the emotions held a more sexual aspect. While the aquarium was beautiful and good, not everyone in the class, (not every aspect of myself) was willing to take a swim in it. Especially not the little girl side of me, which very plainly stated to me that she didn't want to be naked.

The part with the mechanical hair and the girl being a witch was more tricky for me to think about....when I think of hair I think of insecurity, my hair being something I am fairly insecure about. This girl used her hair to protect her and to fight. It could be a message that not only my more childish side is holding me back from the sexual world, but my insecurity is playing a part as well. The hair (my insecurity) was very difficult to bring down with weapons, and weapons didn't work on the little girl at all. (Trying to aggressively force myself to change and engage in sexual things is ineffective and destructive) The fact that the little girl was evil could be me demonizing my inner child, feeling as if I am being held back by it. However my inner child ultimately overpowers me in the end, showing me that it is really pointless to fight it. In fact the girl wasn't even aggressive towards me until I decided to lead the town against her, in other words I am picking unnecessary and dangerous battles with myself by trying to force myself to do things I don't feel comfortable with doing. Anyhow that's what I got out of it! Feel free to add though! :D

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18 USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Anna,
I can see where you are correct in your assessment about the stress from the class assignment. But there are two assignments the dream is addressing. One is yours and the other is your brother's. When there is this type language it is metaphorical and not literal. One would issues to do with feminine aspects and the other masculine. The feminine could be your stress {feminine as emotions} from the assignment and the other coping with the deeper aspects to do with responsibilities {masculine}. On one hand the Kyle would be the mean guy in real life but also would represent masculine aspects that are 'being mean' to you. All of his friends would represent a disruption of other aspects of yourself because of the 'masculine responsibilities'. Your whole life is being disrupted on two levels. Your are wrestling with both of them {remember the issues of moving often and having to adjust so many times}. The different guy you are going to the prom {celebrating your freedom from responsibilities}. What you described in your interpretation will fit but it is only one of two applications the dream is attempting to convey.

The next paragraph is probably addressing the deeper issues more than just pressures from school. The insecurities you have about your hair would also represent the deeper thinking process {hair is symbolic of your attitudes}. Different teacher different aspect of your emotional self {feminine}. The Asian girl may represent something 'foreign' about yourself, things you are still not aware of or have given enough attention to {from the various issues in your life we have discussed}. 'She' would be a positive aspect. {there may be outside associations to Asian girls that influenced the dream}.

Look at all the people in the dream who are not named or specifically identified as aspects of yourself, and then apply those actions to yourself. The 'she' that gets angry and upset is you. What is it you are/were angry with? Nakedness could addressing you without clothes but symbolically it is stripping the 'clothes' from your unconscious to reveal what is underneath.

The childish part you described seems very plausible. You are no longer the child who must count on others/parents for security. On the other hand those experiences/influences from your childhood has left you with insecurities. The angry mob you are leading against these emotional issues are all about you, they are all are a part of you. When you leave school you will leave those issues related to school behind. But the deeper issues remain. That is what the mob is attacking. Wigs coverup your real hair, your real attitudes and feelings. Emotionally you may be turning on yourself because those unresolved issues have become so powerful {especially since you have been working with your dreams which is your deep unconscious}. 'She' is going to 'kill' you unless you put an 'end' to the unconscious influences {killing is putting an end to something}. The throat is often symbolic of expressing what those unconscious are that you need to acknowledge and resolve.

You are probably right on in your interpretation involving the stresses you described. But remember all dreams have at least two applications/meanings. The deeper issues often unconsciously control your waking attitudes and actions. Whatever your attitude is toward any given thing it was derived from earlier experiences/influences in life. You may not like a certain color because as a child your mother did not like that color. Children who have parents who smoke usually smoke also as adults. These are unconscious influences that exert themselves without you knowing it. While you are working on those issues you consciously know about, the underlying stimuli must also be resolved. Sexual attitudes just don't develop for no reason. And they don't go away until much later in life if at all. Think about your life growing up and try to fit these dreams with those issues you experienced as a child. You will be surprised what you come up with.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thanks again for your help, Jerry! I really don't think any negative views of sexual things came from my childhood, or at least I can't think of anything that would cause that. I am not sure what other issues the little girl would represent that are related to the deeper thinking process. At that time I was more concerned with those relationship issues and the stressful week ahead of me than anything else. I agree that the girl would be some sort of teacher, as usually my subconscious is trying to teach me something from my dreams, but in this case aside from what I mentioned I'm not exactly sure what she would be trying to teach me!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18 USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present