Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Really weird dream about a robber, etc

The part about my having to assert my real self makes sense. I feel there are two me's and there is a conflict between them. One wants to enjoy, the other wants to attain salvation.

I am not the bread winner, but I do have to support my family.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 32 & India

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

EdwardC,
Probably two applications as the focus to this dream.

First paragraph
Coming down from a mountain may suggest you are coming down from an emotion experience, possibly the focus on a higher level and descending to a lower level {emotional high}. That may suggest being 'higher' than yourself' and stepping in the puddle may be downplaying its significance. Both your sister {feminine} and father {higher self} stepped in the puddle. You are unable to tolerate these emotions when your normal self thus you look for something higher. But this other self is threatening to become a permanent characteristic, replacing your normal self. This causes you to seek to integrate both identities. You are caught in between these two aspects. The dog may represent the inner conflict this is causing. You are afraid to confront some aspect of who you are. You shut off thinking about this part of you but to do so robs you of the higher position you seek to be in.

Another application could be about recent experiences where members of your family down played the significance of some aspect in your life whereas you disagreed. You have to be of a higher position, more so than just being your normal self. You do your duty but that robs you of being that person you wish to be.

Second paragraph
You have at times lost your footing and possibly principles in being this other you. Your higher self is hidden within you and once you discover that true self you will be rich in character forever. But something is robbing you of this higher calling and there may be guilt attached to it {meaning something within yourself is the robber}. Certain responsibilities may be holding you back. That also may be robbing you, preventing you from reaching higher goals. But do it differently would require a more aggressive attitude, something you don't like. There may be inner ethical questions. But you may be tempted to ignore this higher quality to satisfy the other self. This places you in an inferior position although you try to shield yourself from being too emotional outer forces are in control.

This second paragraph may too be addressing recent waking life experiences having to do with family and responsibilities. But because the dream uses so many generic symbols I sense the primary issue is about inner resources and personality. You will have to find where these fit since they are so general. I do believe this is addressing the same issues in your first dream. If in fact I have hit upon things you recognize an elaboration of what they are would be great.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

Thanks a lot for the interpretation. It does make sense, although I will have to read it again.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 32 & India

stats from 7-14-10 to the present