Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dream about me being kidnapped

Muddld,
Because this is such a long dream it will be at least until tomorrow before I will be able to provide an interpretation.

Do you know EdwardC who has posted a couple of dreams in the past several days. Both of you are from India and about the same age.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

I don't know Edward, though I've read his dreams. You can take your time in replying to my dream.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30 & India

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hello Jerry, when are you going to reply to my dream?

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

I'm sorry Muddld. I had overlooked your post. I will work on your dream today and get you an interpretation.

Jerry

Muddld,
A very difficult dream to understand because most of the symbols are generic and without real specifics. Plus there is a lot duplication of the actions instead of just one action describing a pattern. But I think i have sorted it all out.

What I perceive the dream to be about involves feminine aspects, probably relationship issues that were developed early in life. There are unconscious influences and motivations that are affecting your ability or desire to be a relationship. You state in your comments that you do not want to marry because of the responsibilities. But on the other hand you do because of the 'fun' you would have. I think this is about the dream is addressing but with the issue of wanting to/not wanting to marry having to do with childhood influences. I'm getting a sense that it involves how you were raised and possibly to do excessive mothering. Look at the relationship with your parents, especially your mother and determine if there are experiences that would now affect your feelings about relationships. I believe the reason you do not marry has more to do with those childhood influences.

The beginning of the dream sets out what the problem may be {what I provided above}. The rest of the dream seems to be addressing issues surrounding an inability to get past the childhood influences and have a normal relationship. My impression of the truck is an overloaded emotional self that is confused {people on and off the truck}. Your higher self {boss/leader} wants you to have a relationship {the normal inclination in life} but you were so 'domesticated' in childhood you are unable to. Domestication may indicate you are so accustomed to a type of environment in a relationship {developed during childhood} you find it hard if not impossible to find a woman who could fill the roll. You've become a hen, or hen pecked. You want to rebel against these unconscious motivations but are unable to do because they are very strong influences involved as well as you becoming used to your present environment of being single. What has been 'kidnapped' is your ability to have a normal relationship with a woman.

Does this fit? Exactly what it is from childhood that motivates you is unclear but the possibility of excessive mothering seems real. Let me know your thoughts and perhaps more clarity can be gained from your response.

Jerry

I have been mothered too much, that's a fact. I don't know about the childhood influences, I'll have to think of that. Which part in the dream makes you think there are childhood influences? The beginning, where I am hugged by a little girl? I didn't pay much attention to that. Majority of the dream was about the kidnapping, and I kept thinking of that only.

Thanks for the interpretation!

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? On the internet, searching for another dream.

Muddld,
It is the whole first part of the dream when put together provided clues to the mothering aspect. The images are symbolic and I had to take each one to get a reference and then put them together. This is where experience in working with dreams is important. By themselves the images mean little but when placed together a pattern begins to appear. The dream begins with a focus on unnamed/unknown women which suggests anima aspects. The young girl would represent a 'developing' feminine aspect or influence. The kids also suggest a childhood influence. The first part of a dream {see How Dreams Are Structured in my page A Simple Guide to Dreams}. All these images are parts of yourself. You are the boss, the women {feminine aspects}, the children {childhood experienecs & influences, etc.}.

As for the childhood influences that would have to begin in childhood would it not? Those early years of life are primarily what determine who you become as an adult. You didn't start to begin to be mothered in 20s, it began as a child. That is basic psychology. What was kidnapped was a normal self, balanced. If you are mothered too much then that creates an unbalanced psyche. Dreams attempt to inform the dreamer of such conflicts so there can be a remedy and the life brought back into balance. Because of this mothering affect there is an imbalance that causes an emotional conflict. Usually that translates into some type of 'complex' to do with feminine aspects or relationships. Is it part of the reason you are not in a relationships is finding someone who will fit with your expectations? Expectations that the mothering in childhood has produced? You may have to give this some serious thought to realize whether indeed it is true. If so then the dream is trying to inform you there is this problem so you can resolve the issues.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present