Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My dream self lost her sight?

Speaking of traumatic experiences, there was one I can think of.
Last year, I fell in love with my best friend. (We're both girls.) I did everything that I could to get her to fall in love with me, but it didnt work.
We planned out out first kiss, which was for her 16th birthday present. I didn't want to say I love you just yet, because I was too scared. She told me that night that she lived me, and we kissed one last time before going back to bed.
The next day we went back to school, and she went back to dating her boyfriend.
Yes, I knew she was in a relationship at the time, and asked her over and over if she really wanted to do this. She said yes as went along with everything. Later that week I confessed to my friend abou the kiss. She was understanding, and decided to help me through it. We got back to school and she told me she was taking back the I love You. I was crushed, and went through a time of slight depression and being suicidal. I got through with only a few scars on my legs and a stab or two to the heart.
Then I found out she had told her boyfriend. I didn't know he knew, so when I got a prank call from "Batman", I was freaked out. He told me that he knew all my secrets and that I was ruining marching band. He tormented me to tears and It took me weeks to find out it was him. I eventually told my homophobic mother that I kissed her, and she pulled me out of band.
That girl and I aren't friends anymore, but I wish we were.
If that's what you'd call traumatic, then yes. I have had a tramatic experience.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Marty,
That could very well be it. From your first dream you are unsure of the direction to go, after the experience with the love with your best friend. Its hard to move forward and make progress when the heart is shattered. Her boyfriend's actions, that whole incident would put you in 'lower position' psychologically {your dreams are about your emotions, your psychology}. In the dream 'it is not your physical body, it is psychological. Anytime an emotional event of this type occur it is hard to think, and see clearly. Not being able to walk is not able to progress. You unconsciously are stuck emotionally. The more you think about the experience, the harder it is to see/think clearly.

Then there is the homophobic mother. That would put you in a lower position emotionally. Not being accepted by your mother for who you really are. That is a real 'downer'.

This experience you describe could very well be the focus of your dreams. Unconsciously if not consciously you are emotionally conflicted about the experience. The good news is time will heal these wounds. If the experiences were from earlier childhood it could have been much worse. Those type early life experiences go with you throughout life if left unresolved. This experience was in later life and not one that would likely {but could] have unconsciously motivations in your future.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

We have gone back and forth with being friends, until the last fight we had which ended in her calling me a "disgusting child."

Now my mother and I have gotten along well for quite some time, which is weird. She is very religious, and doesn't know I am more atheist and Buddhist than anything else.
I HAVE tried to find a god, but I just don't want to. I just don't want to be religious. I don't want to believe in anything. Could that have anything to do with the dreams?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Marty,
If you are a Buddhist then you know the god you are looking for is within you. All religions are myths and most are patriarchal. They are patriarchal because they are afraid of the feminine psyche {women as equals as well as the feminine qualities we all possess}. Buddhism isn't a religion, it is a psychology. My interpretation of dreams directs the dreamer to look within their unconscious {dreams} to see the true self {void of ego prejudice}. Don't worry about god. Concentrate on Karma, cause and affect. What happens in your life is generally due to what you do to cause it. Good deeds produce god karma. Bad actions result in bad karma and those actions coming back to bite you in the ass. The rest is left to fate which no one has control. But very little is left to fate when you control your life. Be the best can be and the 'helping hands of fate' with be there when you need them {what some call angels}. The principles I live by are 'think psychologically and live spiritually'. Don't let the emotions rule you, look at things objectively.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

stats from 7-14-10 to the present