Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: SOMEONE HELP PLEASE

Anonymous,
Let me tackle this dream in the morning when my intuitive mind is at its best. Because it is a dream that causes such an emotional response as well as being a long dream I want to look at it with a clear mind. Longer dreams often require breaking down all of the symbols and putting everything back together to give a picture of what the dream is trying to communicate {taking the symbolic language dreams use and finding emotional patterns that fit with the dreamer's life}.

I do have a question. Because the first part of a dream is important {It frames what the dream is trying to communicate} I want to be clear about a couple of words that I am not familiar with or I am not clear about. The word paddock. The English dictionary defines it as a 'small field or enclosure where horses are kept or exercised'. Is that the correct definition as used in your dream?

Also the word manikin. Is that a term we American call mannequin? Can you give a correct definition to this term.

Also, what is a Co-op bag? Is that a Co-operative for farmers like in America {store to buy things}? A bag has clear definitions but the term Co-op may provide a more precise definition.

I will put your dream at the top of my list in the morning.

And finally. I assume the flashbacks are a part of the dream. is there anything else you remember about these flashbacks?
Do you have a feeling your little brother may be relevant to the dream?

I want to give my best interpretation and knowing as much about the dream and you will help with that.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

Thank you so much, im really intreged by this dream, as I am unsure if it has a meaning or not, I have never asked anyone to help me discover the meaning of a dream before. For some reason i thought i should seek professional 'advice'.

In this instance this is ths meaning of ths word 'paddock' which I am referring to. I meant to write mannequin, please excuse my spelling. Co-op in ths UK is just the title of a small food store.

All I can remember about the flash backs are me talking to the clock saying 'Hello' then saying the clocks name, however I cannot remember the name of the clock.

And I do have a feeling that my little brother is relevant, but I dont know in what instance.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond, I am really looking forward to seeing what you have to say.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 14 & UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Google

Anonymous,
Difficult dream to pin point because of the possibilities. I'll lay out what I see and perhaps you can put things together. That is basically what someone who interprets dreams does. The rest is left to the dreamer since only they know about the actual experiences. Dreams speak in a language of symbol and metaphor and no symbol is fixed where anyone can determine exactly what it means.

There does seem to be something within your unconscious that have to do with past experiences {ashes}. There seems to be something that you need to let out, express your feelings. What exactly those are is unclear. The 'ashes' {remains from past experiences} have to do with your nannan, granddad and uncle. Because you saw so little of your uncle I would look at those experiences first. Were there any extra ordinary experiences involving him? I would begin to look at either when you were eight years old or 8 years ago. The part about talking to the clock about your problems was when you were little which fits the time frame {clock} of 8 years in the past {you would have been 5} and the year would have been 2005.
Question. Are you almost 15 or closure to your 14th birthday? If you were 15 then the date would match the year your nannan died. But dreams don't usually deviate from fact {you are only 14}. In that case the strong emotions you have locked away {horse paddock} would nit be about her death.

The flashbacks may be pointing to emotional conflicts from your past. They ended when you were in your bedroom at your nannan's. There are a lot of 'wrapped up' emotions associated with that room and your nannan. But there is something that needs to be seen {window} that you have locked away {door}. Th wooden cabinet may be symbolic of where you hide your emotions and the teddy bear could be about your past experiences. Windows are often symbolic of 'openings' to your emotions. There are blurry memories that scared you. It was of your Granddad.

But he died when you were two years old so there couldn't be anything to do with him that would really scare you could there? You say your nannan and granddad took you to buy sweets, that would be a memory {memories don't normally start to take shape in a child until they are 4 or 5}. Unless there was something traumatic which 'could have' left a strong impression {horse is symbolic of strong emotional energies}.

I'm exploring the possibilities here so bear with me.

Moving away from the window would be a desire not to see these scary things {and perhaps locking them away in your unconscious}.

I believe your running into your brother's room is saying something about his being secure from these scary things {he is younger than you} so he would have been even younger than two when your granddad died}. You felt secure in his room because he didn't experience what you did {the scary things}.

You grab memories {bag from Co-op} about experiences with your grandparents. Fingernails can be symbolic of trying to avoid a situation or particular emotions. Varnish is covering up something. A bed can be symbolic of a connection between the unconscious and conscious self. These are all experiences associated with each other. The last things you grab are two 'childhood' bears {could symbolize aggression}. One was a teddy mouse {fear, meekness, could be describing personality traits you possess} and a rabbit from your dad. A rabbit is symbolic of good luck but also represent sex activity. I'll address that later.

You take these emotions into a secure place {brother's room}. That may suggest locking them away in your unconscious. This is how you consciously view these things {through secure windows}, consciously not seeing what is in the unconscious.

Curtains can represent something you can open and close {unconscious things}. They can also symbolize repression of thoughts. Lace is related to sensuality. These were experiences that occurred before your nannan died.

These are faded memories but are now beginning to become stronger. There are getting closer to consciousness. It is of a male, something that you are now beginning to face. Your nannan is now behind you {her death} and telling you to get away from 'that window' and go to sleep {put it away from conscious thought}.

The question is what window is it? Your nannan may have been aware of what it was. It is something that is/was scary. And from your past.

Are there any bad experiences to do with your granddad or your uncle? My impressions are your nannan was someone who protected you. But what was that relationship like? Your mom was involved at the beginning of the dream which suggests something she had an experience with. If there isn't experiences from your past that were 'traumatic' then it could be simply the loss of those you cared about that is haunting you. Let me know your thoughts. Also if you will more info about your early life/childhood. Did you live with your parents and visit your nannan or did you live with her {did you have an actual a bedroom at her house?}. Clearing up these questions may help in determining what was so scary in the dream that you don't need to look at.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

I have sent you an email containing the answers to your questions, could you please email me from now on, thank you

Thank you so much

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 14 & UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Google

stats from 7-14-10 to the present