Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Series of Dreams

Hello again! This occurred a couple nights ago. I had 3 fairly brief dreams that all happened in the same night. I am including them all because I heard that your dreams in one night all have similar themes as they are trying to give you the same message, and I want to decipher what the message is! Again I will give my thoughts on it at the end of the dream series.

In the first I was visiting the place where I used to live, staying at one of my good guy friend's houses. For some reason this guy who was a teen dad at our school was also staying there with his own dad because they were homeless. This was unpleasant because in the dream his dad was a deadbeat and the guy himself is just obnoxious and unintelligent, they were basically bumming off my friend's family. Me and my friend were arguing with teen dad when we noticed a man sitting in the living room. He was tall and wore a purple suit and large bright red bow tie. He had huge nerd glasses, and had his hair parted down the middle but despite this was fairly handsome. A rottweiler was lying next to him.When we went to talk to him he told us he had come to stay with us for a while to prank and scare us. This amused me because I knew I was the most powerful thing in my dreams. Long story short the guy spent the rest of the dream messing with everyone except for me because I sort of blocked or foiled all his pranks. For example he put a rain cloud over me that followed me and I just waved it away then summoned an entire storm to rain on him, sort of making fun of him. At the end of the dream he had to leave back to his own dimension, but before he left he gave my friend and teen dad a chocolate coin each for being such good sports and enduring his pranks. He tried to take mine back because I had been so obnoxious to him but I stole it and ate it anyways.He had left behind his rottweiler, which was very friendly and sentient, so we decided to keep him and I named him Baxter. End.

Second dream I was supervising children at a school. Some of the kids (young, 3rd grade maybe) wanted me to join their really dorky comic/sci fi club. First I didn't want to but I ended up becoming attached to them. Then the club was threatened because this tree that was really important to them for some reason died, and the school was going to cut it down. They begged me for help because if they lost this tree they'd lose their club. I didn't know if I could help but I tried and ended up reviving the tree and making it look breathtakingly beautiful, thus saving the club. I then battled an evil male witch (specifically called a witch in the dream) and killed him with a couple spells of my own. End.

Third dream I stole tortillas from my workplace, then had to drive my boyfriend home from something. He was holding a green saxophone with no mouthpiece, which I thought was weird. He sat in front of me in the driver's seat, which made it difficult to drive. We had a good conversation in the car though which made me second guess my desire to dump him. After that I went to a piccolo workshop filled with beginners. I was the best player there, and when we were asked to play an excerpt from a piece each, I was going to play something really technical to surprise everyone and show them how good I was compared to them, so they'd be in awe. (Sounds bad....urgh I was such a show off in these dreams) When I was waiting to play one of my coworkers approached me and said that we all had the day off of work tomorrow. I was happy to get the day off. End.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18 USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: A Series of Dreams

Ok now for my thoughts. First off the context. A couple days before I had gone on a double date to Six Flags with one of my friends and her boyfriend. In between then nothing really happened, it was a lazy weekend.

Secondly the themes I noticed. In all of these dreams I was a huge show-off. In two of them I used the powers I have in my dreams to negate my issues with relative ease. In the third despite not having powers, I was still the most skilled musician. They all gave me feelings of great confidence with definitely at least a touch of arrogance. I was the most important and skilled in all of them.I woke up feeling empowered and refreshed.

Now for interpreting. I'm actually going to start with the third because that's the one I think I understand the most. The tortilla part (strange I know) was literally because the night I got back from Six Flags my family had brought me back fajitas which I had been craving all week, only to find that the waiter hadn't packed any tortillas in the box and we didn't have any flour tortillas at home, which was disappointing. (Trivial I know, but I had been thinking about it that night and next thing you know I'm a tortilla thief) The boyfriend part had multiple meanings. One was to point out my flaw of constantly forgiving him and not leaving him because of little moments like that where things seem great. Taking little things over the big picture. The fact that he was making it hard for me to drive I think signified how he'd been messing with my emotional and mental path, and how his constant ups and downs confused me and made navigating the relationship difficult. The saxophone I feel represented our relationship as a whole. It was supposed to be a beautiful instrument, but it was green so something was slightly off about it. The whole relationship I've felt hasn't really been right but I've just carried on with it despite that, continuing to play along. The missing mouth piece represents my current shift in attitude. Now that my infatuation has ended, I can no longer pretend that there isn't something wrong with the relationship. The missing mouth piece makes it plain that I won't be playing this instrument anymore(playing along with his irritating antics), the "missing pieces" in our relationship have been made clear. I'm not really sure about the workshop bit, but the day off work could've been related to my wishful thinking that night that I wouldn't have to get up for work the next morning, haha.

Ok the other two dreams I am pretty uncertain on. In the first I was trapped in a house with a friend (the part I like about my boyfriend?) and two overwhelming, obnoxious men. (The bad parts of my boyfriend?) Me getting back at the mystery mischief man could have been me acting out my desire to stand up to all I've put up with in my relationship. However I'd like to point out that at the end of the dream, while smug in my abilities and that I had stopped the man from pranking me, I didn't feel very happy for having stopped him. I even felt a little guilty, and the teen dad especially ragged on me for being a jerk and not taking the pranks like I should have. (Teen dad worshiped mystery man like a deity though)However the dog seemed to return me to my good spirits. (Taking in the dog was a good, kind thing. It felt worthless and sad after being abandoned by its owner, and I accepted it and made it part of the family so it was happy again. Thus this one good act made me feel good, whereas the rest of the dream where I was a brat was fun, but didn't make me feel good in the end). Alternatively, this dream could have something to do with the male aspects of myself but I am rotten at deciphering that sort of thing. Often times I act arrogant like this in my dreams, flaunting my power, to the irritation of my dream characters. It's not really conscious...it just happens. I'm not like that in real life.

The second dream was a bit out of the pattern in that I used my abilities to actually help someone else instead of just to fool around/help myself. (In the first dream I did use my abilities to protect my friend from some of the pranks, but it was more about taunting the mystery man than protecting my friend if you know what I mean) HOWEVER I helped them because they were feeding my ego. "You're the only one that can help us! Please! We know YOU can do something about this!" and with chest all puffed out I went about my business. I was glad to be given a use for my abilities as well. In this dream my ability to fly was a little shaky, because I kept being weighed down for some reason, like I had rocks in my pockets. I really don't understand this dream at all in the greater context of things, unfortunately, so I only have observations. The man witch was really quite random. He had absolutely nothing to do with the plot of the dream, I just happened to run into him hanging around causing trouble and doing evil so I took care of him. Hm.

Anyways those are my thoughts and opinions! Thank you for taking time to read, as always.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18 USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Anna,
Sorry I haven't gotten to your dreams. I have several things going on this week and must get those done. Your post came along right in the middle of those projects {one of which is a page on how I interpret dreams and should help others to interpret them also}. I should have time to give my thoughts later today.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

Anna,
Starting with the third dream. The trip to get fajitas prompted the inclusion of the tortillas in the dream. But they would have a symbolic message. I guess we could look at as a sandwich. Or something related to Mexican. Give thought to its meaning since the dream starts with this {see my new page How To Interpret Your Dreams}. The stealing would likely have something to do with something stolen from you. All these images have a symbolic message. Probably has something to do with your boy friend but also to do with your own masculine self. The first dream involving the guy from school whose dad is a bum likely has an application to your masculine aspects as well as something in your waking life. This has been a recurrent theme in your dreams, your masculine qualities.

The saxophone could be symbolic of a need to express your deep feelings. Since your bf is apart of the dream it may involve him. On a deeper level it could involve expressing masculine aspects. He is sitting in front of you while you try to drive. That would suggest he is making it difficult for you to move forward in some aspect of the relationship {the deeper level would apply also}. The conversation would be an inner thing, debating yourself. The problem may be your second guessing, especially if you know it is not meant to be. There is a possibility also the dream is addressing 'creative' aspects {the saxophone, the piccolo, etc}. You are in a class of beginners and there may be something new that is or needs to begin in your life. Have we not discussed your creative aspects when you get out of school? Look at these images and break them down. Follow the advice on my new page and see what you come up with. Trying to interpret your dreams off the cuff is difficult. Using the method I have laid out should help.

The second dream may be about growth {tree}. teaching young kids could have deeper aspects where the kids are you and you are teaching yourself. And it could have to do with your waking life and the kids you take care of in your family. That could have hampered your growth. Then there is the 'evil male', probably a negative aspect of yourself on a deeper level. A witch can have good and bad symbolic meanings. Here is the masculine with negative forces you kill {change-put an end to} using your feminine qualities. This could apply to the relationship with your bf. But the deeper aspects are probably just as important.

The third dream seems to be focused on this teen dad. if there is no one you know who fits the description in the dream look at the symbolic meaning of the images. This masculine aspect is messing with everyone but you. see where that may fit in your waking life. On a deeper level it could mean power over your masculine qualities. Because so much of the dream seems to be about ego {amusement, your controlling things, etc} the masculine qualities could about your ego self. Feminine qualities would be your inner being. Look at the dream from this point of view and see what you come up with. Putting the dreams together there does seem to be issues to do with the outer self and the inner self {creative}.

Who would it be you have been obnoxious with in your waking life? It would your masculine self on an inner level. Take the images and see what their symbolic meaning would be. These things have to do with you and the people are primarily aspects of yourself on a deeper level. On personal level determine how the actions in the dream apply to people and recent experiences in your waking life.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Anna,
I had meant to address your latest post and inadvertently accessed this dream. Here are with some possibilities I see that I did not address in my first analysis.

About your first dream. My first impression is the man messing with you with the pranks could very well be your dad. Not that is he is a dead beat dad but in your honest soul there are feelings he has not been the best dad in the world with all the moving and the emotional conflicts that caused you. You begin to get used to a routine and then the family moves and you have to start over again. I know you have defended your dad in past posts but I get the sense deep within your unconscious there are conflicts. That would be natural. Again your dad is not a dead beat but the 'pranks' in the dream would seem to fit with your emotional self, the attitude each move was a prank and not something that was done to hurt you intentionally.

The second dream could also be addressing those issues. The children you are supervising would be your younger siblings. You had become attached because you were often acting as a parent figure. You and your siblings had formed a club, all of you having the same experiences in your family life. The tree is personal growth, yours and your siblings, the evil male witch was threatening to 'change' or alter that growth {death is symbolic to an end to something and not a real death}. The evil male would be your dad. Not that you consciously think he is evil but unconsciously the emotional toll from the constant changes {death} in your life.

As for the third dream it seems to be addressing those issues with your bf. He is sitting in front of you as you drive {the car is you} could be your putting in front of everything else when you should not let him get to you emotionally. As you state in your post, "The fact that he was making it hard for me to drive I think signified how he'd been messing with my emotional and mental path, and how his constant ups and downs confused me and made navigating the relationship difficult."

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present