Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Brother (Surreal Dream, Need Help Understanding)

I generally forget my dreams/nightmares as soon as I wake up, even if I try to old on to them. However, I had a dream this morning that stuck with me. As soon as I woke up I typed it up. hoping to show friends, as it was rather creepy. I ended up researching certain aspects of the dream, which brought me to this site. I learned that basically everything in my dream was of some significance, but I couldn't quite make out the overall message because of this. I understand specific parts, but not the bigger picture, due to how overwhelming this is. I was hoping to have someone help me in understanding my dream as a whole.

The Dream:
I've divided it up into 2 parts to keep it more organized.
First, the auditorium:
I was in my elementary school's auditorium, with people who I couldn’t identify for the most part. We were lined up like we did when I was in the school, and we sat in the right section. I was with a girl I have never met before, she had pale skin, short black hair, and was asian. I told her I didn't know her, and she told me that I did and that we were in a relationship, and had been for a day. She seemed overly clingy, obsessive, and naive. I felt like I could actually control myself in my dream at this point, and I asked if she wanted to go to the bathroom and have sex (She wasn't a student at the school, so she didn't appear underaged. In fact, many of the people had adult figures.) She agreed, and told me to meet her there. After she left, I looked around at everyone. I could only make out one person's face, she went to the school back when I did, she was very shy and odd. She looked exactly as she did when I went to school with her, so she was a child. I slipped out of the dream and back in. When I slipped back in, the auditorium had something controlling it, something big and robotic. Everyone around me had their heads locked in place by some black contraption, and it appeared the robotic thing was giving a speech of some sort, or simply addressing everyone about something important. It also appeared that anyone could release themselves if they wanted to. Many people around me did so, but I couldn’t see their faces. In fact, everyone was sort of a shadow, being literally black and featureless in the body. It never occurred to me to look at their faces, so I never made an effort to do so. The girl from my elementary school was still locked in, and the person to my left encouraged her to free herself. I agreed with him. She freed herself, but I forgot how she reacted. Disregarding the scenario, I remembered the bathroom. I got up, and began to exit through an aisle. As I exited, I passed someone. They were dressed as a security guard. I knew things about them, despite never having actually met them. They worked for the robotic thing, and they were a chef. I just knew this. The person looked as if they were middle aged, and an asian male. I tried to talk to them, but they stared at me. At this point I could no longer move and was stuck staring back at them. After a few seconds, their face flashed, and I saw their face differently in this flash. They had a huge, demonic smile stretched across their face, the teeth, long and sharp. My vision was blurred with static and black streaks when this happened.

Second, my bedroom:
I then woke up in my bed, but it was different. My bedroom had a reddish haze to it. I only looked at my bed, but it was like there was a reddish smoke in the room. The haze made it so my room was dimly lit. My bed had a hole, leading to my desk (loft bed). Due to the room being dimly lit, I searched for my lamp to turn it on. My lamp is generally to the right of the front of my bed, but it wasn’t there. I reached down into the hole and picked up my lamp, but no matter how many times I used the switch it wouldn’t turn on. I gave up and looked on my bed, I found some small objects. Tiny, cup shaped plastic containers, only two of them, attached to each other. I found contact lenses, a few more than three. I found some other stuff relating to contact lenses, but I can't remember. The entire time I was in my room, I heard people in my home talking, likely my family. I don’t remember if the voice sounded like my family, but they were female. I have no idea what they were talking about, but it was continuous throughout my being in the room. I remember hearing about, but from no distinctive source, about a face, and someone's brother. It was random and I didn't get it, but it persisted, and I wanted to learn more about it. After I searched my bed, I saw words. My entire vision of the room was gone when I saw these. The way I saw these words was very similar to the YouTube comments layout. The words I saw were the “top comment” on a video, but only this comment and a white background were visible. The words, which I cannot remember exactly. Said something along the lines of "I found his face, he is my brother who is dead." My room got more red, and I was scared about my situation. I didn't know what was happening, and my vision went black. I kept hearing things about the face, the mask, the brother. When I got my vision back, I was still on my bed in my hazed room. In front of me was the apparent corpse of a man. He looked like a fresh corpse if he was, with no signs of decomposition. He was lying on his front. His skin was red, he was covered in tattoos, and he was wearing a very large wooden mask. I can't remember much about the mask, but I can compare its design to that of the heads of an enemy in the video game Bioshock Infinite, the “Boys of Silence.”. However, the mask was much more crude, as if it had been carved with random types of wood, carved recklessly. Instead of having a nose like the Boys of Silence, it had holes for eyes, and no large ears, but crude wood, almost like nappy, frizzy afro with the mask balding in some areas. I tried to take his mask off, but instead me moving my arms, my vision blurred and then the mask was off and next to him. Since he was on his back, I could only see the back of his head. He was bald. I tried to move his head to see his face, but the blurring occurred again. I kept trying to move his head, but it was like he was hesitating, and all my force was returned immediately. Because I couldn't see my arms, his head was there violently shaking, with a black trail following his every movement. When the shaking reached its most violent, I awoke. This time in my actual bed. Upon awaking, I couldn't move at all. I kept trying to move until I was trying to just flail myself around. After a few seconds I regained the ability to move.

I can answer questions about anything from this dream, but I cannot remember some minor details.
Also, for those who do not know what they look like, this is a Boy of Silence: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120320201447/bioshock/images/thumb/c/cc/BioShock_Infinite-Boys_of_Silence_Concept_2.png/640px-BioShock_Infinite-Boys_of_Silence_Concept_2.png

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 17 New York City

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? My interest in the meaning of a dream I had

Re: Brother (Surreal Dream, Need Help Understanding)

In the part about the man with the red skin, I meant to say he was on his chest, not his back, apologies if that was confusing.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 17 New York City

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? My interest in the meaning of a dream I had

Levin,
It will be Sunday morning before i will be able to provide an interpretation. You are first on my list.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

Levin,
I will interpret the two dreams in separate posts since both are long.

There seems to be two definite aspects to the first dream. One has to do with anima aspects, inner feminine qualities. The second could, but this is not clear, have to do with actual experiences in your life. The last part of the dream focusing on the 'middle aged' Asian male would be about this possible aspect.

Let's look at the part about the 'middle aged' Asian male and determine if it is about a real experience or symbolic language. Do you know any Asian males or even females? The demonic smile could suggest something negative about this experience. But again determining whether it was a real experience or symbolic of some aspect of yourself is the task. If you can elaborate on this then we can move forward.

Besides that.

There is a relationship with your feminine self that has not yet been acknowleged or recognized. There could be aspects about your personally that are being addressed {obessive, cliny, naive}. Unconsciously you are in control with this feminine identity but you need to let this part of you out {to the conscious world} and integrate {sex} it with your total conscious being. It may have to do with sexual identity {or may not}. It is something that would be best for you if you bring it out.

This feminine part of you has been with you from the beginning {child}. There may have been times when you let this part show itself consciously but other times you hold it in. There is something about 'being out' that has controlling mechanisms {keeps you from being this part of yourself}. There are negative public impressions {heads locked in place with black contraptions}. Others you know of have let this personality aspect out but you do not know any personally. This is your shadow self, your true self. You are still holding this part of yourself in. Unconsciously you know it needs to be let out, your masculine identity is agreeing to this. You do not know how to act if and when this aspects is allowed to be let out.

Either this part of the dream is addressing real life experiences or inner aspects that need to be let out. The latter is likely the case.

What could these feminine aspects be? A very 'emotional' personality perhaps? It could be about sexual identity. The experiences/influences {elementary school} suggest early life knowledge having to do with this aspect of yourself. It is personality traits and not sexual identity then you may have had experiences where a parents/parents were emotional types which influenced your personality.

Let me know your thoughts and then we will be better able to determine which it is. Because I do know so little about your personally it is impossible to say for sure what feminine aspects are being addressed. But we do know it is feminine aspects of some kind.

Jerry

Levin,
This dream is a continuation of the first dream and is about emotional identity. There are two aspects of yourself attached together {they are related}. But there is a haze, an unconscious aspect that has not been clearly realized. You have no 'light' to consciously see this aspect. This may suggest you do not want to consciously see it.

There is this feminine voice within you.This could be about emotions. Or it could about identity. It is a 'continuous' aspect, always is there has been there for a long time. This is your other 'brother' within you. A masculine self with distinct feminine aspects. It persists in being acknowledged. But to do so will mean the end {death} of this 'face' {mask} you have been using consciously. It is a frightening thing to do so you push it back into your unconscious.

Either this dream is about strong emotional aspects {feminine}, or sexual identity. Or it could have to do with sexual experiences that were very emotional.

If there are sexual identity issues then this is one aspect that the dream is addressing. If not then it is about strong emotional experiences that you holding in which either happened early in life or has to do with personality traits {feminine/emotional} that stem from early life experiences/influences. You can help identify which it is if you will clarify any early life negative experiences {if any} or if there are sexual identity issues. Again the dream is focusing on feminine aspects. What exactly they are can be identified by giving additional information {you feel comfortable in giving}. I will look more at the mask part of the dream and the mask itself.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present