Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ingenious Minds

No, this post is not about my ingenious mind. If anything I am far from being anything near a genius. My IQ according to standard tests {which I believe are flawed} is average at best. What I want to talk about {among other things} is a program I saw on the SCIFI channel where a man all of a sudden became a music savant. And about others who became savants after brain injury. It is believed the cause of his special abilities was a concussion, which may have been related to other past concussions. The man could see musical notes and play music where before the concussion he could not. The circuitry in his mind was reshuffled. This has been documented with other savants.

As for my own brain and memory. I had a slight concussion when I was about 9 years old that I believe has had something to do with my brain function. I was knocked unconscious briefly when I feel hard on a basketball court. Throughout my life I have had problems with short term memory such as remembering someone's name or trying to memorize poetry. I know I am not 'stupid' because I have always been good with grammar, learning sentence structure and other aspects of grammar early on {I credit a teacher for this}. But when it came to literature it took a lot longer to get that down, especially memorizing things. I could do it but it took a lot more concentration. A part of it may be interest in the subject but I do believe the concussion had something to do with it also.

What I really want to get across is the 'special' abilities we all are capable of. I don't have any formal education in Jungian psyche but I naturally understand his concepts and theories. Of course much of that is due to the fact what he presents is 'archetypal' information we all possess. And I have always had an interest in psychology as far back as when I was a teen. I believe what happens is the special circuitry we possess is stimulated when we come in contact with that thing we love doing. I see it as a part of the 'bliss' factor Joseph Campbell taught.
"If you do follow your bliss you put yourself on a kind of track that has been there all the while, waiting for you, and the life that you ought to be living is the one you are living"... Joseph Campbell.

Makes a lot of 'common sense' does it not?

The problem is discovering what it is we love doing most. I was 42 when I finally realized my true calling {1992}. I've been with it every since and have developed abilities to interpret dreams and design websites {self taught web design also}. It may not be by chance that the two subjects, dreams and web design, both have a 'symbolic' language.

So if you want to become a savant perhaps you need to fall down and bang our head on regular basis. Or better, discover what it is that provides you with the bliss in life. Brain injuries can kill you {NFL players are realizing the results of concussions later in life}. Following your bliss can give you new life. Neurotransmitters are turned on and off by various means. A 'natural' high would definitely be more preferable than a brain injury.
“Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls.” ...Campbell

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

stats from 7-14-10 to the present