Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dad came through to my ex

Tjas,
First let me correct a misconception about Marco never dreaming. We all dream, every night {unless there is a neurological disorder that prevents it}. He just doesn't remember his dreams. Dreams are nature's way of helping us resolve emotional conflicts, they are therapeutic whether you remember them or not.

As to Marco's dream. His dreams are about his emotional, physical life. Your dad would represent something to do with Marco's person, his emotions. My impressions are, and a usual theme in dreams when dead people appear, the dream is addressing something about Marco he identifies with in your dad. Like your dad he is a father {in the room with his two sons when he had the dream}. What your dad was wearing can tell a lot about what the dream is trying to communicate. A sweater can represent a connection and strong ties with family and home life. Because it was the same sweater 'he' {your dad} usually wears that would represent something about Marco that is the 'usually' the same. The color brown that may symbolize instinctive aspects of being a father.

Glasses are tools that magnify what you see. There is something about your dad Marco identifies with, sees through the same glasses {as a matter of speak}. Your dad looking younger in the dream would represent Marco as a younger dad. As a younger dad Marco is healthy, his thinking self {hair} is more innocent/less wiser {color white}. Everything behind your dad in the dream is also white.

Most likely the dream has to do with the associations Marco saw in your dad. Asking his/your son if he had a dream would suggest associations of a father/son relationship. That may have associations to Marco's dad. What kind of a relationship, if any, was that like? Was Marco and your dad close?

As for your dreams about your dad. These dreams are about you and your emotions. In the dream where he kept dying and waking up is about his continuing to be remember after his death. The relationship between you and him. His eyes {blood shot} may be your eyes {he actually looked peaceful when he was found}, blood shot eyes from crying over his death.

The second dream is remembering the relationship as a guide, those earlier life experiences between him and you {remember, you have these dreams because of the associations with him}. His 'wise self' still remains although he has passed.

These dreams are therapeutic in they are trying to help you through the emotional pain of losing your dad and attempting to make sense of life itself {and death}. Because someone dies physically, psychologically in your mind they still exist. I still often have dreams about my second wife who died in 2003. Although we were divorced we were very close and she was the mother of my only child. The love and affection never die. And because of the emotional attachments 'they' return as reminders of the past and predictors of the present in relationship to the past. Your father's wisdom was valuable to you and still is. His wisdom was 'therapeutic medicine' when you needed it and through your dreams remain so. You are continuing the relationship although he is no longer physically here. All experiences are psychological. Your dreams are about your psychology.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

Re: Dad came through to my ex

Thank you for you response. A lot of what you said has made sense, I thoroughly appreciate the time you took to respond.

I will be sure to save this and send it along to him, jus to see if he understands as well :)

Again thank you!

Tawnya

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 25

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Google

stats from 7-14-10 to the present