Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I was the ghost

Jessica,
If you will, please provide a response to my interpretation. It takes time to analyze a dream and a response to the interpretation is all I ask in return.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

Hi Jerry, excuse the delay, I was mulling things over.

Thanks for your time to analyse this dream.

Like any person I suppose I have "ghosts" in my past although nothing in particular comes to mind. My great-grandmother lived in an old house when I was a girl, and although I can't be sure, the dream could have been set there. We used to try and scare ourselves by hiding in the dark rooms!

I am unsure about the significance of my partner as I've always been alone in this 'ghost' dream before and have never seen the ghost until now. But as I said, sometimes I almost enjoy the feeling of being lifted and tossed around by the ghost, which implies trust. So maybe it's not surprising that the ghost was me.

Just some thoughts :)

Thanks again.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30, Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Googled

Jessica,
Thanks for the response. Every dream is a new experience and each teaches us something new. Although I feel confident in the structure and concepts Jung laid out as true and reliable, understanding the symbols is the task to be undertaken. If I had you on a couch asking these questions it would be a lot easier to determine what the dream is trying to communicate. But that is so 'Freudian' isn't it? And we know Freud had too many hangups to be that reliable when it comes to dreams {Especially when it comes to beds}.

Let's review the symbols one more time. Since you are only 30 there is a good chance yur dreams are still very much about current experiences and not the deepers aspects to do with earlier life {once you get past 40 your dreams will start to be in that direction}. This dream could be as much about more recent experiences and or relationships than the past experiences. Since the mention was only of an old house and nothing about childhood then the old house could be a statement about something old in your current waking life. If there were a mention of a child or childhhood experiences to go with the old house then we could say for sure there was something from taht period the dream is trying to communicate.

Spending the night in an old house may suggest something about your current life that is old. An actual 'spending the night' or nights. An emotional energy/wind comes out of 'no where' . There is a ghost in the room, perhaps symbolic of something you fear. The ghost may be something unseen but otherwise felt, reflective of something you feel but have not experienced {there would have to be some type of sensory experience to know there was a ghost}. 'A matter of time' before it 'sweeps' you up. You may even want to look at the 'leaning' on your partner as something relevant.
Take the words with quote marks and see how they may fit in your current waking life.

Something has 'ruffled the sheets' and it is only a matter of time you will be caught up the same wind. You see something in your partner that was the 'same as you'. A face is often symbolic of personality. He {you} have seen a ghost. That may point to something within you, an experience that you associate with him. There may be similiar experiences from the past that the two of you share.

Summarizing.
What is the relationship with your partner like, what type person is he? Look at it from that angle and see what may come up. I do believe, as did Jung, that every dream has at least two interpretations/applications. This dream is probably focusing on something more recent but there are always underlying reasons for everything. The relationship with your partner would more likely play a bigger part in the possibilities. Something similiar, something you fear.
What was your relationship with your father like? Were your parents divorced. A ghost is something you fear. Could there be associations related {similar} to your dad? A fear of losing someone you lean on?
Such a short dream, and what little I know about you, we have to explore the possibilities. The symbols have a metaphorical reference but the exact meaning of each is what has to be determined. Only you can do that. With enough exploring there is always an answer to what the dream is trying to communicate. When you figure that out and look at the symbols it is very surprising how well it all does come together. Much like a puzzle, putting the pieces in the right place to make a whole picture is the task.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

stats from 7-14-10 to the present