Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A strange dream about a walk on a beach and ...lots of dirt

Shatobrian,
Take your time and read the links I provided. Although we all have to make 'wise' choices in life the one thing that provides the most wisdom is experience. The links I provided are from 'sages' who have experienced the realities of life. Much of what they talk about is not known by most because it involves thinking outside the accepted 'box' and within the inner box {a box in Jungian psyche is symbolic of wholeness}. When you begin to understand what they are saying you realize their ideas are what the box is made of and not what the ego perceives {with the ego bias}. Most of it is common sense and is a part of natural law. Science is their ultimate confirmation. You get beyond concepts when you can verify. And when science is verified from experience there is little left that needs to be known.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

Re: A strange dream about a walk on a beach and ...lots of dirt

Shatobrian,
I do appreciate your detailed response. As I stated in most dreams it is hard to determine what exactly the dream is trying to focus. All symbols can have more than one meaning and/or application. Often I see one thing within a dream and go with that meaning {see the posted dream Dream about me being kidnapped}. Your dream was not so clear and that is why I offered up more than one possibility. I saw remnants of what was there but nothing clear where I could say yea or nay to any one thing. But in the end if I can get the dreamer to look at their life and recognize something from what I provide that fits, I feel I've done my job. I believe you have supplied what was unclear in your dream.

An important factor in dream interpretation is the age of the dreamer. At the age of 27 you are still developing ideas, opinions and principles in life {an older person has already experienced this stage of life thus their dreams are often different in interpretation}. The current environment around you will be a great influence on your dreams, the therapeutic aspect of dreams attempting to help you sort through what you take in experiences you encounter. Because you are a traveler you have a better perspective than most people and that can provide a deeper sense of being. Mentally you are processing things differently than a person who has limited experiences. This is evident {for me} in your response, the fact you come across a s someone who is very aware of yourself and objective in your reasoning. that will serve you well throughout life, an objective approach as opposed to an emotional one.

I like the possibility you offered in your response about what country you wish to live and the environment you would like to be in. This reflects your 'progressive' approach {walking to get ahead}, and probably a personality trait {dreams often reveal such traits}. My sense of the dream is there was an element of oppressive mentality {neo-Nazis} that presented a conflict {dreams are about our emotional conflicts and their purpose is to help resolve them}. But the oppression may be as much about opportunities than mentalities {opportunities that let you progress in your life}. There are probably multiply reasons you are looking at in choosing a place to live. Mentalities and opportunities.

Beaches are usually symbolic of two aspects coming together {ocean and land, conscious and unconscious}. If the beach is dirty it probably indicates indicate something negative in involved. That could be a realization that you have yet to find that place you are looking for. Or as you said, "get better used to (or better adapted) to my current way of life". I think the negative in that possibility is it is not what you really want. Dreams offer insights to how you really feel and until you are able satisfy your true self there will always be a conflict. You can adapt but it is not what you really want to do. Unconsciously if not consciously you believe a better place exists.

I do want to emphasize one thing about these possibilities that needs to be considered. One mistake in life that happens all too often is we tend to look for things outside ourselves and neglect those inner things that are even more important. Although I can see where the dream is addressing the concerns about where you wish to be {it fits with where you are in life}, it would be important to look at what the 'inside' wants also. That involves the opposites of social duty vs the creative being. If you put all your emphasis on making money and neglect that thing in life you really want to do {usually to do with creativity, the muse}, you will never be completely satisfied. The spiritual aspect {beyond religious dogma} is also important {see my page Jung and Spirituality} is important to a balanced psyche. Creativity is a spiritual endeavor since we are sharing our inner most soul when we are creative. When assessing these things be aware of the inner journey. Progressing+ in that aspect is as important if not more so than the material world. Especially in later life.

I will end this post and address your other dream in another. I have already written a book and it may be easier to understand all that is being said if I make separate post on your second dream.

One last thought before I close. My working with dreams, interpreting them is the thing in life I love doing most. That and designing my websites. dream interpretation allows me to help others with emotional conflicts. My websites do that also but they are an expression of my true self. I retired last year and now instead of being indebted to social issues and responsibilities I am able to fulfill that inner world. It all has to do with meaning in life. As Joseph Campbell stated, "People say that what we're all seeking is a meaning for life. I think that what we're seeking is an experience of being alive, so that our life experiences on the purely physical plane will have resonances within our own innermost being and reality, so that we actually feel the rapture of being alive." He goes on to say, "The mind has to do with meaning. What's the meaning of a flower. There's the Zen story about a sermon of the Buddha in which he simply lifeted a flower. There was only one man who gave him a sign with his eyes that he understood what was said. Now, the Buddha himself is called "the one thus come". There's no meaning. What's the meaning of the universe? What's the meaning of a flea? It's just there. We're so engaged in doing things to achieve purposes of outer value that we forget the inner value, the rapture that is associated with being alive, is what it's all about.".
This is what I am speaking to when I speak of the inner journey. A whole new world, right where you sit, without having to travel anywhere.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

stats from 7-14-10 to the present