Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: mass shooting and rape

Joanna,
If you will look at these images and think of them as parts of yourself you probably will have instant realizations to what the dream is trying to communicate. These things are 'within you, emotional energies.

The prison would be an 'inner' prison, an emotional state where you may have feelings of 'abandonment'. This might apply to some aspect of your waking life. The man would be a masculine aspect, perhaps to do with a real person{s} and/or to do with your animus {inner masculine aspects}. Wearing army greens may suggest repressed emotions that has caused 'aggressive' changes within you {killing/death usually represents changes/putting an end to something}. There is lost innocence involved. Trying to hide may be hiding/repressing these emotions. What this experience has done is created a prison cell where you hide from 'some thing', a place within yourself you have created that makes you feel safe. That could have to do with repressing past experiences in your life. You feel trapped by these emotions {huddled in corner}. They have changed you as a person.

The large man again may be a real person and also a reference to your animus. Rape may represent feelings of being violated, not just sexually but to do with trust. The submission may have to do with submitting to these violent emotions. Waking up half way through the 'rape' may suggest it is not something you have to continually endure, something put an end to it.

Looking at your added info I can see where these expressions in the dream could fit with those experiences. The waking up half way through the rape may be a statement about ending that type of life {sex worker} and beginning a new life with your husband. Undoubtedly there are repressed emotions to do with those years and there must have been a lot of violent experiences.

But there is probably more to the dream than those experiences. A lot of it probably is about early life and the experiences during those years. Abandonment, huddled in a corner, closing the door to the 'outside' world you lived in so you could find safety in an inner world. There probably were negative experiences during those years that led to your becoming as sex worker. Low self esteem as a child and not having a normal childhood. the issues to do with the years as a sex worker probably have been resolved with your new life with your husband but those early childhood years, the formative years that created the foundations within your psyche are harder to resolve. This is probably why you still have such dreams, as much as the years as a sex worker and those terrible experiences. You most likely would have never become a sex worker if your childhood had been different. This is where any 'treatment' should begin, with childhood experiences.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

Jerry, thank you again for such an in depth interpretation of my dream. Everything you said was true, so much that I am crying and need time to come to terms with and fully understand and make full sense of your interpretation, so it might take me some time to respond to you with my own in depth understanding.
Kind regards. Joanna.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Australia NSW

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? interesting

Joanna,
Respond whenever you feel you have it together. I can understand the emotions having recognized my own 'inner child'. I suggest you create a dialog with that 'other you' and talk it over. Explain to 'her' that it was nothing she did wrong. Usually that is what happens when a child is neglected so early in life and that pain goes with you until resolved. A dialog with the inner child is one way to better understand that part of yourself and why you are who you are today.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

stats from 7-14-10 to the present