Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: dream intepretation

Faith,
Corn can symbolize fertility, growth. My impressions are you may have ambitions or feelings about your personal growth but there are limitations. You may not be getting the support from your husband you wish for or expect. You may let your husband dominate too much of yourself which limits your growth. This would be due to a weak masculine aspect {animus}. You are naturally born with good masculine instincts but you may have let that go in favor of 'giving in' to your husband.

Does this fit with your life?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for taking the time to interpret my dream. To tell you the truth I did not think of it that why, but it makes sense. Lately, I have been dreaming of riding in a car but sitting in the back seat instead of the front with my husband. I have mention it to him and he did ask me if I feel like I was second not first. It has been a very tough year for us and I am trying to be patience since he lost his job and he is trying very hard to find work. I have been on a journey of self awaking - the road of the gnostic for the past 3 years. The journey has been a very enlightening one with many waking visions that I am still trying to figure out. Maybe this is a test for me, I don't know. I greatly appreciate your insight.

Faith

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? web search

Faith,
I appreciate your taking the time to respond to my analysis. Your recent dream confirms your feelings of 'taking a back seat' to your husband's needs/desires. The back seat language is a common dream motif reflecting unconscious if not conscious emotions of relinquishing control. My sense was the dream was talking to your usual strong 'animus' qualities and if true would make giving up control even more difficult to take.

As for my impressions of personal growth, that most likely had to do with the gnostic path you have been exploring the past 3 years. If you are speaking to the Gnostic of the period of Jesus then you are certainly following a enlightened path. There was nothing in the dream that pointed a specific path but the corn is often a symbol for growth and fertility. The color of the corn {yellowish/green suggested to me a path of fertility {green} but not with a clear path {yellowish}. The later dream statement of trying to find your husband and him not being there gave me the impression he wasn't supporting you in your endeavors. The weak 'animus' I sensed was your husband {the animus in dreams can be anything to do with masculine associations, either conscious or unconscious}. Of course your dream about being in the back seat of the car conforms what is unconsciously on your mind, a conscious conflict your dreams are trying to hep you resolve {dreams are therapeutic, nature's device to help the psyche resolve emotions issues}.

Elaine Pagels introduced me to Gnosticism many years ago {she has featured many times on the History Channel as well as on PBS talking about Gnosticism} and her insights helped me reconcile my early Christian 'indoctrination'. Here is my page of her thoughts about the Da Vinci Code. The page includes other books on Gnosticism.

Just as with dreams we must take the references of the bible {and other myths} metaphorically. Jesus spoke in parables which is metaphor. His death and resurrection is symbolic of what must happen to the ego self, its symbolic death and resurrection to the spiritual SELF. The Gnostics realized early on Jesus was symbolic of the human condition resurrected to the spiritual condition. I specifically like the Gospel of Thomas, 114 parables spoken by Jesus. When you read these 'sayings', many of which are in the New Testament, you realize Jesus is directing out focus on the inner self and not the outer. You also realize {with some knowledge of Eastern philosophy} what he is saying is pure Buddhism. The spiritual path is an inner journey. For those like myself who are Jungians who believe in the spiritual aspects of the psyche {as did Jung himself}. the spiritual path is a psychological journey. That fits with Buddhism which is less a religion as it is a psychology. I don't follow any one religion, I see religion for those who can not think for their self. My spiritual philosophy is a synthesis of Gnosticism, Buddhism and Native American spirituality. A philosophy of looking inward and living in accord with nature.

Sorry to get off subject. I meet so few people who know anything Gnosticism {I am assuming this is what you are talking about}. I do applaud the path you have chosen. Stay with in and expand on it if possible {Jung was greatly influenced by Gnosticism as well as Buddhism}. Anyone who discovers the truths about their spiritual condition will be better equipped to deal with life. My motto is to 'think psychologically and live spiritually' {in the way of Karma and not religion. Thinking objectively and not emotionally and living in accord with nature.

If you have future dreams you need help with please post them. I would be most interested in your dreams since you possess a 'knowledge' most do not have. of course the emotional conflicts will be the central focus of your dreams but at the age of 50 the spiritual aspect should begin to show through also. A reflection of your true self, which what dreams are all about.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

stats from 7-14-10 to the present