Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
cobra dream that still nags me after 30 years

i asked the great spirit to show me how i could manage to get through life, i was nine and wanted to die because life was so awful, that night i had this dream.
i am drawn towards a patch of nettles in my backyard and when i approach they part and i see a trapdoor, which i desend, down some stone steps and find myself in a short corrridor, i know i must walk to the end, i see about five cobras sitting upon stone blocks, each with a crown holdng a pearl on each side of the corridor, at first i am startled but know they will not harm me if i do not disturb them. as i walk down the corridor each cobra bows its head as i pass, lifting it once i have passed them. at the end of the corridor i stop before a giant cobra with a huge crown and enormous pearl, i instinctively bow my head, as does the giant cobra. i feel a weight upon my head and as i raise my head the cobras crown is gone, it has shrunk and i am now wearing it, the giant cobras head is still bowed to the ground, where i know it stays until i exit the corridoor and trapdoor. on my way out the smaller cobras bow their heads as i pass just as they did before, but now i see gems scattered across the floor, i instinctively know not to stop and admire or touch them. once out side, i can see through walls and feel peoples energies as if they were right beside me.
this dream still puzzles me as to its full meaning

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 39

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? intuitive search

Re: cobra dream that still nags me after 30 years

harley,
Before I make an analysis of this dream I want to be sure I have it right. You are saying you were nine when you had this dream? You were asking the 'Great Spirit', at the age of nine, "to show me how i could manage to get through life." Were those the exact thoughts you had {asking the 'great spirit'}? If so were your parents 'new age' or metaphysical types who taught you to think in metaphysical terms? And one last question. What is your profession today?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

yes, those were my exact thoughts.
yes, i was nine yrs old, my parents were not new age, my gran inspired my religion, her background is romany gypsy, the great spirit of life is whom i used to speak to when i was feeling sad and alone, which was most of the time, my gran did not preach anything religious, my religion rather came from dissecting and interpreting how she spoke. at present i am attempting to start a business similar to fortune cookies, but with a gypsy overhaul.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

First let me say I approach this dream differently than I would most who have a dream at nine years of age because of the cultural and spiritual influence. A normal American child who had a dream with these images would likely possess a different psyche state of being than a Romani child. This would be important in understanding the psyche and the dream images.
Nettles is a 'natural' healing herb which would be what you were looking for {healing}. The trapdoor could be how you feel about your life and the need to get past that barrier {this whole first sentence suggests the dream is trying to reply to your request of how to manage to get through your 'awful life' {which is what dreams do since they are therapeutic and try to help the dreamer resolve emotional conflicts}. What is unusual is your age and the manner of response of the dream at such an early age {your cultural influence probably influencing this}.

Descending down is going down into your unconscious. The stone steps may represent 'permanence and unchanging attitudes' which may be associated with the Romani belief system, shaped and stored within the unconscious. The short corridor would be the short distance from unconscious contents/ influences to consciousness {the unconscious influences controlling your conscious actions}. You unconsciously 'know' you must learn of these influences {to take back control of negative influences}.

The five cobras in normal dream imagery would likely be archetypal energies and although your cultural system is based on Vedic traditions this application of the archetypes probably hold true {unusual for a nine year old}. The cobra often symbolizes the creative spirit and in Eastern cultures is very positive. The 5 cobras may represent the 4 elements of earth, water, fire, air and the 5th element of spirit in its permanence {stone blocks}. The cobra is a spiritual figure with spirit being the source from which all things come. The pearl is the wisdom of the human soul {spiritual and creative} and holds true both in the conscious world as well as the unconscious world {each side of the corridor}. Do not disturb this soulful aspect negatively and you can pass without harm. In fact if you give reverence to this most powerful entity {the soul} of spirit and creativity you will find a conscious life of acceptance and reverence. To accept the 'cobra' {soul} as the force within life is to lift the mindful obedience and live a spiritual/creative life. You remove the barriers and trappings of the material/ego world and your life is a gem among the waste. When you apply these inner energies to the outer/conscious life you obtain abilities beyond the norm. To feel people's energies is an intuitive ability.

You asked the Great Spirit how to manage to get through life and 'it' answered you. By living a life of spirituality and creativity. This is the message of Campbell and Jung and many others who have explored the inner path {which usually includes tenets of Eastern philosophy, especially Buddhism}. To ask such a question at an early age is unusual, and the way you did fits your cultural roots {in Western traditions, other than Native American, the Great Spirit would be addressed as 'God'}. But for the dream to answer in such a way is even more astounding.

Are you living a life of spirituality and creativity? A spiritual life is one that holds everything in life as precious and the attitude is 'do no harm' to anything. The example would be Jesus and the Buddha. Cultural spirituality can often stray from those tenets and the natural source of spirit is based on the laws of nature, cause and effect, Karma, reap what you sow {if you do it for money you are often the spiritual path}. The creativity aspect is what gives meaning to life, fulfills life and is spiritual in that you are giving of yourself to the other through your creative expression. Is your intent of starting a business similar to fortune cookies honest and ethical? Does it involve creative thinking? If the answer is yes then you are on the right track, the 'cobra' sits beside you as a guide. If the answer is no, if there is deception involved, the idea only to make money, then you are not living a creative life but creating only to make money. You received an answer to your prayer when you were nine. Now that you know that answer at 39 will you follow its instructions? Are you following its instructions?

Lastly. Seeing through walls is seeing through the barriers. That requires wisdom and wisdom is experience. The ability to feel people's energies may be alluding to intuitive skills {I possess that}. Are you the intuitive type? Use it in a positive way and it returns the favor. Learn to develop these natural skills and they will be an asset throughout life.

A bold set of instructions.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

thankyou.
all those years ago, what i took from this dream was "respect your fear", which has served me well, but now i understand the dream so much more. i have been held back in starting business because of my confidence, i am now going to surge forward with courage, i know i am doing the right thing. I am an empath, and have had much trouble accepting this, i was told at the age of three by my gran "you cant run from it, it can run faster than you can think" and she was, as always right. thankyou for helping me understand i will make sure your time and energy you have put into reply will not be wasted.
love,light and peace x
harley

harley,
Thanks for responding. A most unusual dream for a nine year old. But it provides insights to both cultural influences as well as your special psyche communication with your psyche. You possess a valuable asset, one that can elevate you to a higher knowledge.

Your dream also demonstrates how powerful images can be used as guides for conscious living. The imagery within the psyche has great powers of communication. There is a knowledge beyond the conscious mind and you were born with special access to that. Look within yourself, live in accord with nature, and the process of Karma {cause and effect}. You know the rest, trust in what you do know and your abilities will move you to a higher realization.

If you should have any more dreams you wish to share please post them. If they are as profound as this one they will be most certainly be interesting to analyze. Good luck with your endeavors.

Jerry

i dont know if you are aware of how much you have helped, spirit and i have had an on off relationship for years, i see now the error i have made and feel the wasted years hanging heavy upon me, but as i know, the troubled gypsy has many learning experiences before her. learn i must, for time has been and still is ticking. i have two other dreams that have bugged me also, one recurring. i shall post them and look forward to their revelations with open ears and soul. i also plan on reconnecting with spirit, i know you only have to ask the question honestly and you will receive an answer, i will be asking spirit for guidance, and i will be asking for your assistance when the reply comes.
thankyou once again, for so many things.
harley

stats from 7-14-10 to the present