Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Vivid dream about breaking free from a old peoples home

Lucy,
The 'nursing home' in your dream on one level {all dreams have at least two meanings/applications} would be related to your working with adults {even though it may not be an actual nursing home}. Although you may like your job the fact it is so stressful and caused you to get shingles would be the 'being stuck' in the nursing home. The regimentation in your dream would be addressing the regimentation of your job with patients as well as with your trying to stop smoking {another application of the dream symbols}. There may be a third application also, one to do with your ex. As strange as it may seem dreams will use the same symbols to address various emotional conflicts {a primary function, provided by nature, of dreams is to help the dreamer resolve emotional conflicts}. With so much emotional stress in your life on so many fronts my position is the dreams is attempting to help you resolve those, using real experiences mixed with symbolic representations to express what the emotional conflicts are. You are not only 'nursing' adults in your job, you are also nursing the emotional stresses in your life.

Usually the last part of the dream produces a result of the emotion conflicts, or will offer solutions. At the end of your dream you are 'using your emotional reserves {savings and pension} to regain sensibilty and restore the deterioration of your instincts' {pet dog} but at the expense of giving into the bad habits {smoking when you want} and not thinking things through as you should {chess}. This would indicate your emotions are at a tipping point and you may need to find ways to release these tensions and stresses in your life. The trip to Brighton was a positive step in doing that. What else can you do/should you do to help in resolving your situation? I believe this is the primary message of the dream.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

stats from 7-14-10 to the present