Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: nightmare of spider

Dear Jerry thank you so much for a long deep response to my questions. I really appreciate it. I will look into your comments in much detail when I get a chance. However I wanted to post another dream which seems to follow up on the previous one discussed. Again I think it is about some renewal and again it looks at "the back" of things.

The dream was I was in a hospital about to go for an operation of some sorts. I was asked to administer my own anaesthetic as an injection. I was too scared to do it myself. The operation was meant to be done on my neck. I remember feeling that the surgeon was lifting the skin from the back of my neck even up to my head. It has a strange feeling. I remember later going to the hospital after the operation to pick up some tablets that were going to help me to heal or something like this.

What do you think it means? The neck is a structure of sorts. It holds the head. It holds the thoughts and again it was the back. And it needed to be fixed, healed, restructured again. Does it point to the need to restructure my thoughts?

Kind regards,
Magdalena

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 31

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: nightmare of spider

Magdalena,
Here is what I get from the images/symbols from this dream.
A hospital is place where you go to be healed. An operation is what you need to get 'something {emotional aspects} out of your system'. It is something you need to do yourself but are afraid to because of the insensitivity to the emotional pain {anesthetic}. You need to 'uncovered' {remove the skin} what is underneath the surface {in your unconscious}, what is unconscious needs to be brought to mind. The strange feeling would be the reaction to this emotional state. After this is done you will need to continue to work on the unconscious emotions and restore the inner harmony {pill}.

The dream is pointing to emotional issues that cause pain that need to be healed. You may have either resisted or have not yet fully resolved the emotional issues. It involves painful experiences.

I imagine you will know what this/these experiences are. If not then the need to uncover {skin} the issues would suggest a repression of the experiences.

The cobwebs in your other dream may suggest experiences that are not well remembered, memories 'covered with dust, or perhaps covered up. Again there is something that needs to come out {elimination} so there can be a cleansing of the emotions. Since in the last dream there was your mother these may be mother related issues {the spider is also a symbol for the mother as well as the web she {spider} weaves.

There is the possibility the mother would symbolize your unconscious. If there are no mother issues then what is happening is you have unconscious issues {you are arguing with} that need to come out involving painful experiences. This type reference yo the mother would suggest repression of these issues.If that is the case there may be experiences you have pushed deep into your unconscious.

Are there or were there issues involving your mother? Something is a constant issue in your mind since these dreams are coming in a series. Has there been 'arguments' with your mother recently? It could be that, recent issues that are really bothering you. At your age dreams tend to focus on recent experiences more so that deep embedded issues. But there could be deeper issues involved. If not with your mother {as her true self} then something serious that you have repressed {mother as the unconscious}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

stats from 7-14-10 to the present