Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Turtles and Penguins

Had the weirdest dream last night about a beach with turtles on it, the beach was really long there were heaps of turtles mostly small, when i walked up the back of the beach the turtles seemed stranded, then a big wave came and the turtle slowly one by one began to be washed out, it was nice to see them swim... Then there was this door, like into a school at the back of the beach except it was to a giant lava cave pit! Inside the door there was a small ledge and on the ledge were broken drum stools and dead emperor penguins! I didn't know this, so opened the door, trying to hide from this massive wave that was coming right up to the back of the beach and got stuck on this ledge, it was full of sand, so it wasn't stable. I only just got out with my life, standing on a broken drum stool to get out!! Was intense and really weird! What do you make of it?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30, Victoria, Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Turtles and Penguins

Talia,
For some reason I'm having a hard time interpreting this dream. The images/symbols are in may ways clear in their symbolic meaning but putting everything together has been tough. The turtles of course are central to the dream. Your dream turtles remind me of recent events of hatching turtles here in coastal Florida. I think that metaphor applies but still putting it together with the rest of the images has been difficult. The one image, broken drum stool, in particular was hard to break down. Does this type stool have any particular relevance to you?

Anyways, here is what I have come up with. Go over it and see if you can put into context that fits your life. There could something very deep within your unconscious that may prevent that if i am reading the dream correctly. Let me know your thoughts and perhaps added info will help to understand the dream message.

The message of the dream:
there is something is disturbing within your unconsciously that you have covered up {repressed?} that needs to become conscious. your unconscious goes to great lengths to minimize these emotions {this is how repression works}. something is being repressed but slowly it is beginning to emerge. there are barriers to this, because they are pushed deep into the back of your unconscious. the emotional energies are strong but are beginning to flow. unconsciously you are weighed down and ruled by these emotions. a need to open up to the powerful emotions, they are unconsciously making your waking life unstable. emotionally you are barely surviving.

Are there past experiences you have repressed because of the strong emotional energies they present? I get the impression this is what the dream is focusing on.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

stats from 7-14-10 to the present