Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dreams about Oxygen

Ripley,
Do post those dreams. They may tell us more about what is in your unconscious. Often these unconscious energies have a profound impact on later life. Early life experiences and influences provide the foundation for the personality we take on as we grow into adults and development of a specific complex is not unusual. If you are aware of them before hand you can remove their impact. If there are 'mother' issues {Cinderella complex} and you know what the signs are, when you display such actions in your waking life you will know they are unconsciously driven. We all possess complexes and most are negative. Consciously knowing they exist is how you overcome their influence. To gain insights to your possible Cinderella complex I suggest you read these three links, one which is from a woman who wrote a book about her own experiences. There is also a link to an interview with her about her experiences. The third is a general overview of the complex. You may want to read the last one first since it will provide a general idea what the other two will be about.

THE CINDERELLA SYNDROME

The Cinderella Complex and the Prince's Problems

Cinderella complex

As you will read the complex becomes more apparent as you grow older {and develop personal relationships}. To become aware of these unconscious forces can help you avert possible psychological challenges when you get older.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

Re: Dreams about Oxygen

Ripley,
Going back over my original analysis I don't see any mention of the Cinderella complex although I had it in mind. The feelings of being suffocated and the apocalyptic outlook would be classic symptoms of the Cinderella complex. Looking back at the dream with this in mind I can see where it would fit. The Earth is you, but also a symbol for the 'Great Mother', as in a powerful mother association. Running out of oxygen would symbolize feelings of suffocation because something essential to proper personal growth has been removed {and replaced with a complex}. As the years go by, as you grow older, the sun representing these great energies {complex} become stronger. But only in some places, as in the complex affecting you in association with your mother, which in turn prepares you to be the 'mother' possessed by this complex.

The more we discuss this possible Cinderella complex the more I think we need to explore it. Carl Jung discovered in his working with patient's dreams the same images also appeared in mythology {fairy tales are essentially myths}. Both are addressing patterns of emotional behavior. The patterns I see in your dream fit with the Cinderella story. By looking at that fairy tale, what we would term the 'universal psychological pattern', we can derive what could be influencing your personal unconscious, what we would call the 'personal psychological pattern'. When you read the fairy tale you will find similar patterns to your life. Read the fairy tale and see if the mother in it reminds you of your own mother. Let me know the results. The whole story doesn't have to fit {you may not have two sisters or live alone with your mother} but vital parts the story may fit.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

stats from 7-14-10 to the present