Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Strange Dream

I am amazed at how you put all of that together. It does make sense. I have always felt, perhaps the need of a mother figure... The tornado dream makes sense as well. I have had them several more time, and i actually have a question about a more recent(the last) one ive had.(This was maybe 3 or 4 years ago) The dram was placed at my current house. Me, my dad, my brother, my uncle and aunt(now they live next door to us) were packing our belongings into a truck(not the same as in my earliest dream). We were packing, because a tornado was coming. It was so close you could see it, but it was very slow. It was snowing, and i kept slipping a bit. The rest of my family were laughing and talking. They were acting as though the tornado was not there. I started to panic(I always felt worried, because i didnt want then to die). Then i walked into a little clearing(that does not exist in real life) and there was the most beautiful water fountain. As soon as i saw it, i was calm. I felt... relieved. Thats how it ended. What amazed me about this dream, was that it was the first that ended in my being calm, and this new dream sign(The water fountain) in which made me calm. So, i already(based on alot of what you said, and some new research) have a good idea about this, but if you could shed some light on it, I would be grateful. Thank you very much, as you have helped me alot.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 14

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Mel,
Look at the tornado as an emotional storm that may actually involve the family members you named. At the same time some or all of the members could represent 'related' parts of yourself {the men representing your masculine aspects. The packing could symbolizes changes, slow changes in your life or attitudes toward life or even people.

Snow often symbolizes repressed or unexpressed emotions/feelings and the slipping would suggest it is becoming difficult to hold these emotions in. The rest of the family, if your real family, may be making light of something about yourself. If the family is parts of yourself then you may not be taking the emotional aspects serious, which could be verifying the repressed feelings. The panic could indicate a lack of control over your emotions, perhaps a reason you hold them in.

The clearing may represent something is becoming clear. The water fountain {along with clearing} may be the natural process of working through these emotional issues. You have been able to alleviate the emotional storm by not letting yourself be controlled by the emotions. I come to this position from this whole last part of the dream, taking the symbols and looking for a pattern. The clearing would be a place in a natural setting which would suggest something natural is occurring. The water fountain would be natural unconscious processes {water/the unconscious-fountain/natural source of water}. Thus the calmness would come from a natural process. This is a pattern of nature, or in the case of emotions, your natural self.

The question is what have you done, what has changed, or what has caused you to be able to be calm despite the 'emotional storm'? It 'storm' probably has to do with the family members.

Let me know your thoughts to my analysis and perhaps we can learn more about the dream.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

This makes sense to me. It was actually around that time that i started getting counseling, and alot of stuff that was going on, was all settling down. So yeah, that makes sense. Thanks so much. I have taken a huge interest in dreams, and im doing alot of research on them. Perhaps, ill be able to interpret my own dreams sometime. Thanks, so much.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 14

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

stats from 7-14-10 to the present