Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Flying over a land of snow

I had this dream that I am in this vast land which is covered with snow. I am standing in the middle of this land and I can see the end of the earth ( the circular shape). All of a sudden I start flying and I am very relax I am not afraid and I continue flying. I am flying and flying and then I woke up
Can anyone tell me what is the meaning of this dream?

Thank you

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 40, London, UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Flying over a land of snow

ZK,
Land is parts of the earth that are not covered by water {the earth is you}. Because dreams speak in a language of symbol and metaphor the land/earth would represent the great extent {vast} of your conscious life {water is the unconscious}. Snow is frozen water and may suggest the internal pressures {unconscious} in your life are worrying you. In other words your conscious life is being controlled too much by unconscious fears and negative thinking.

The earth is a symbol for wholeness {as anything circular} and when you look at things objectively {being in the middle} you can liberate {flying} yourself from the anxieties and worries that normally dominate your thinking. Fear of what could happen but usually does not or will not happen is what prevents us from being free of unneeded pressures in life. You need to learn to free yourself from such thinking so you can be free to fly without needless worries.

Are you under a lot of pressures in your life? Thinking too much about the negatives prevents one from being that positive person who looks at things objectively and finds a way to overcome the negatives. You need to learn to free yourself from this negative thinking.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

Many thanks for your interpretation. It is so true, I am under a lot of pressure. Since I went through a lot in my life, I always have this negative thoughts and anxieties.
I had this dream again but after flying I came down to this place where I don't know where is it? I am wearing this beautiful wedding dress and I am getting married but when I was ready to go and get married I woke up. In my dream apparently I knew the groom, however in my waking life I have no idea who is he? Does this stem from anxiety as well?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 40

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

ZK,
The unknown place you come down to is within yourself, an aspect you have yet to realize and/experience. Likely is a 'place' you wish to be in/at or experience.

Wearing a wedding dress and getting married may be about a real marriage {desire for a relationship} but also about bringing together masculine and feminine aspects about yourself that you have yet to achieve/experience. You may need to integrate masculine aspects {animus} into your personality. That could have to do with the stresses and anxieties you are experiencing, becoming stronger or disciplined so not to let stresses in life unduly worry you.

Knowing the groom may suggest, if it is about a relationship, you have certain expectations about the type person you wish to have a relationship with. It is about personality aspects it may suggest you know you need to be more 'masculine' in your approach to things and shouldn't let things bother you {the need to be stronger/disciplined}.

Either way, it could be because you woke up just at that time you were to get married, it suggest you yet to achieve this aspect. It could be by co-incidence you woke up but it could be the psyche woke you up as a part of the dream scenario. It could also be a way for the dream to tell you that you are not ready or prepared for some 'masculine' aspect in your life. One would be due to a lack of possessing masculine aspects, or in the case of a relationship have yet to find the right masculine/man to marry, or you are not ready for a relationship.

One last point to make. The dream could be addressing both possible interpretations. All dreams and dream images have at least tow meanings/applications. A lack of masculine aspects to do with stresses in life would be a good possibility {the dream telling you to 'buck up' and not let things bother you so much}. The other possibility, about a relationship, would be true only if it is something you have given thought to. If it does fit then you would need to analyze your true feelings about a relationship, the type guy you wish to meet, and/or if you really want a relationship or prepared for one. No dream is simple, they all have a purpose that is trying to help you resolve an emotional issue{s}. The best way to know if an interpretation is correct is if it fits in your life.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

stats from 7-14-10 to the present