Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dream about my uncle

Olivia,
There are several possibilities to your dream since in real life you possess emotional attachments to your uncle as well as an emotional conflict with the church. A question that may answer what your dream is about is 'what was/is the relationship with your aunt like and how does that fit into your relationship with your uncle'? Was there conflict somewhere in these involvements? The church would symbolize your true self/emotions/feelings {the church representing wholeness}. In the dream you feel comfortable about certain issues {beyond just your feelings about going to church}. I do get the impression your aunt is a type villain in this, you feeling uncomfortable about something 'related' to her. Here is my dream dictionary meaning for aunt to help you understand what she may symbolize:

Aunt - Feminine part of the psyche; qualities or characteristics you identify about her which are projected aspects of yourself.

In this context she would be a projection of emotions you possess related to her and your uncle. She is a 'feminine' aspect of yourself.

The dream talks about 'leaving' and being ignored. The leaving may be something about her you wish to leave behind but the feelings you possess are hard to ignore. The phone call would represent a communication with yourself, something that has 'gone off' to do with an inner conflict {within you}. I sense the daughter part is actually you in your relationship to your aunt and deceased uncle. I would assume you could say you felt 'like a daughter to him' and there could be emotional issues with that involving your aunt. Or, your aunt could be symbolic of 'related' aspects and the emotions would be about inner reflections {communications} concerning your feelings of missing him. If there are no issue with your aunt then look to the later as the message of the dream. And it the latter is more applicable then the whole dream may be a mere reflection on both the relationship with your uncle {and feelings of loss and missing him} as well as reflections on going to church and spiritual identity in the present time {something you may have given more thought recently}.

The last part of the dream seems to be addressing issues of not wanting to confront certain emotions, spiritual and about your dead uncle. You don't want to hear about these issues {or aspects about one or the other} because they are very emotional when you think about them. The panic part of the dream may have to do with the PTSD, certain emotions causing panic when you think about them. There may be unresolved issues to do with your uncle you wish to think are over {dead} but something recently may have caused you to think/feel otherwise.

Let me know your thoughts to my analysis and we can go from there in sorting out the possibilities.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

stats from 7-14-10 to the present