Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A scary dream with me, my brother and somebody else

Shatobrian,
I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. Involved in saving animals at the local animal shelter and that has become a time consuming effort {but worth it}.

How I was able to resolve my inner issues from childhood and get myself on a path to wholeness was from Jung's Individuation Process. The definition of this process is:

individuation is the process of transforming one’s psyche by bringing the personal and collective unconscious into conscious.

Individuation has a holistic healing effect on the person, both mentally and physically.

Individuation is a process of psychological differentiation, having for its goal the development of the individual personality. In general, it is the process by which individual beings are formed and differentiated; in particular, it is the development of the psychological individual as a being distinct from the general, collective psychology.

Besides achieving physical and mental health, people who have advanced towards individuation, they tend to become harmonious, mature, responsible, they promote freedom and justice and have a good understanding about the workings of human nature and the universe.
In short it is the process of analyzing your own self, your own life, looking 'within' yourself to discover your true self, your true identity. You begin the process by analyzing all aspects of your life starting with your earliest childhood memories and experiences and taking those and seeing how they have affected who you are as an adult. What you will find, with a deep reflection that will take time, are foundations of unconscious motivations. For instance, if you grow up where there is an absence of a father there is a good chance you will in later life unconscious substitute the love and acceptance you never got from an absent father with some time of negative behavior. often that behavior will be similar to that your actual father {as was my 'addictive' behavior}. When you begin to understand these unconscious motivations you can correct them. This is one aspect of dreams, what dreams attempt to do by provide insights to the unconscious stimuli for conscious behavior. If you remain unaware of these motivations you will continue to let the energies they possess control your conscious life. Because many of these unconscious energies are painful the ego will attempt to deny you access to them by repressing or ignoring them. But the ego has no control over dreams.

Read the link I provided [and related pages listed in that page} and then research other sources on the subject until you understand exactly what the process involves. Although may be able to understand in words what is being stated, it often takes a deeper sense of understanding for one to realize the full meaning. Then begin a self analyzation of your life and see what comes up. Take time to 'remember' specific periods of your life and give deep thought to them and let new memories come up. You will be surprised what comes up.

Also continue to listen to your dreams and interpret them.
They are a direct link to your unconscious and when you begin a self analyzation your dreams will also present new materials that will help in memories. Realization comes with understanding your foundations. Uderstanding your foundations will help you understand your true self as you are today. Removing the negative aspects will allow you to find balance and harmony, and overcome disabilities {since most of those disabilities will be linked to early life influences/experiences}.

The key word is discipline. Stay with the process and see will, over time, see results from it. It will take time. But the end result will be worth it. And you can always post questions and dreams at the Dream Forum if you need assistance.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

Re: A scary dream with me, my brother and somebody else

Jerry,
Thank you for all the information and help you have provided. I wish you all the best!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 / Germany (most of the time)

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present