Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
3 kisses

A short dream- I ran into my Godfather (who in real life has just re-married). I realised I had not yet congratulated him so I ran over to him and hugged him and said congratulations. As I was hugging him I kissed him on the chest three times...as if to convey a special amount of love and respect.

A short dream, but one which woke me up for some reason.
Thanks, Anne

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: 3 kisses

Anne,
Although the dream is probably addressing the true love and respect you have for your Godfather {notice you capitalized the word} there is likely more to it than that. One may be the 'Godfather' as a masculine entity you have to have a certain respect for due to tradition {are you Italian?}. If not tradition then reasons you would behold-ant to him. It may represent respect and confidence toward him yet also a confrontational aspect because it is demanded of you, Are you an independent type personality?

The other application {all dreams and dream images have at least two meanings/applications} would be the dream is addressing your own inner 'Godfather', a higher masculine aspect either you have given respect to or need to give respect to {perhaps too much of or not enough of}. Read my page {with a short video} on the animus which will provide an understanding of these masculine traits we all possess {as we do feminine traits}. In both instances you are giving respect to the masculine aspects in your life. If you are the independent type then that would be a masculine aspect and the 'Godfather' part would fit in with that {a strong respect which may equate to a strong masculine/independent self}.

Consider what I have provided and see where it fits in your life. Because the dream did wake you up it probably has some importance in your life. Let me know your thoughts and perhaps with a little more information we can put the pieces together in away that makes a visible picture.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Palm Bay, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thankyou Jerry. No I am not Italian - but yes I am a (fiercely) independent type of personality - but am currently reliant on others which is highly stressful for me. I rarely see my godfather...yet was (quietly) offended recently because I was not invited to his wedding - perhaps that is the confrontation. I was also confronted by him because he sent me money when he thought I needed some - but this embarrassed me; I felt it would insult him to send it back. I am not sure of the implications re. my animus... I will read through your notes on this to see what fits.
Regards
Anne

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Anne,
A good chance your strong independent personality is what the dream is communicating. That and the confrontational aspect. It may not merely be about confrontation with your literal Godfather but also the 'inner' godfather, the masculine aspect I spoke of. The actual waking experience with your real Godfather may have stimulated the inner conflict. Your Godfather is also representing your strong inner masculine {independence}, he is a strong part of you. Your fierce independence, your strong animus may feel it has not been given the due respect it deserves.

The three times kissing on the chest would be what would needed to be understood. There may have been three specific experiences involved. Not being invited to the wedding could be one, his sending you money being a second. He expects a certain measure of respect {at least that is how you feel} and because of the experiences you also feel you deserve the same. You do have 'embraced' your strong personality trait and that demands a measure of respect.

See how that fits. Also determine if there is a third experience with your actual Godfather. If this fits it would also fall into place with Jung's concept that all dreams have at least two applications.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Palm Bay, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present