Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Blood Ritual

I have a weird dream that I was protecting a sword, dagger and a cup but it got stolen then I became a part of a blood ritual where the two whose been doing the ritual cuts my right palm and drinks the blood from it. After the ritual they left me on the floor, the other one left while the other one remained on my house. When I regained my strenght I took the sword, dagger and the cup and tried to leave but decided to go back and fight the remaining guy. The guy have a magic that seems to control the movement of the sword but I dispelled it and defeated him without killing him. I can't look for a rope since I can't leave the three items again in front of him so I leave the house and locked the door before I go to my neighbor who knows a lot of things but while I was knocking the door of my house flew open and I knew that the guy already left even though I didn't see him leave. Later on I was told that the ritual is for the wings to come out. Not sure if it's just the wings or they will became an angel or the effect was for me since I don't know for whom is the ritual... but obviously its for the two. But after I woke-up a pain on my right hand was there and I felt something weird from my back.

I've got a dream before that I'm an incarnated angel but if I discuss it here it will be out of the subject, or not...

what do you guys think? is the blood ritual real? if not what does it mean?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26; Philippines

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Blood Ritual

Zach'riel,
My first impressions are of the sword and chalice which are symbols of the magician or mystical powers. What I sense on a preliminary look at the dream {subject to change with deeper examination} is ambitions and the ability to achieve certain goals in life {being a magician in doing so}. You are fighting yourself in trying to make these achievements, possibly questioning whether you are capable or not. There are self defeating mechanisms at work but not so much that prohibits your abilities for success. It may be you are going about it wrong {the ritual}, hoping for quick success when you should be focused on achieving one step at a time {the hero's ritual in myth}. By following the hero path {see the Monomyth} you not only achieve success in society but also the inner world of the greater Self {creativity and spirituality}. That is the 'two' in your dream, overcoming personal conflicts so you become whole in all aspects of being and not just society.

Do you study or have an interest in ritual or something that has to do with rituals {mythology perhaps}?

I'll let you respond and if need be we will look at the dream in a deeper perspective.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

Thanks for replying,

I think you've got it right, I do question if I'm capable or not on certain things like a job. Do you think that's the self defeating mechanism that represents the ritual? I do have an interest on magic although I haven't tried to do it myself, I just like to watch movies about it and like characters who uses it.

I've read the hero path is it applicable in real life? if so I think I've seen my guide on a dream a few years ago... She have a long hair with crystal like eyes, I've seen her when I'm wondering on my dream and was about to enter an arc-way entrance... she suddenly came out and said hi, but to my surprise I woke-up on that dream and didn't see her again after a few months also on a dream fighting a hooded someone beside my bed, sadly she lost (not sure if she died but hopefully she got away) after she was gone the figure said that no one would protect me now then attacked me, I can't woke-up during that time, just woke-up when my sister came-in on our room... I think that's the negative part for refusal since I've been afraid of her the first few days after the first dream and also after that first dream I've been attacked or chased by unseen being or what I think is a rogue spirit (since I think I can astral travel sometimes)... Haven't seen her ever since the dream fight though :(

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26; Philippines

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Zach'riel,
The ritual would be acting out impulsively/emotionally. These impulses are generated by unconscious mechanisms brought about from early life experiences and influences as well as unmet requirements of the natural psyche {archetypal influences}. That is what would be self defeating. As for interest in magic, the magic you see performed is not magic, its illusion. Magic is metaphysical, beyond the physical. Real magic is merely discovering things unknown, something that seems to come out of no where, seems to be magical but which has actually been there all the time. If it is not there then it can not come about. The magic is realizing what you wish for is within you, bringing that out and utilizing it. It is in realty a physical truth but because we don't understand it we think of as metaphysical.
Everything that is true falls within the laws of nature.

The hero path is applicable in life. I have been following that path for 20+ years. It is what mythology is all about, the hero/heroine path/journey of self discovery through the trials and revelations in life. But more than being a physical journey it is a psychological journey. It is being able to understand what the path is in your life and then applying it and living by it. It is creative and spiritual, but most of all it is psychological. Your path is your psychology, the reason why you are who you are and discovering that, and resolving what is not in balance. Doubts about being capable do not just come about. There are reasons for it, unconscious motivations that cause the doubts. Discovering those and resolving the issues behind them will remove the doubts. again, it is psychological.

The she you see in your dreams represent two things. One is your anima, your feminine aspects. The 'she' is the most powerful aspect you can discover. More powerful than god because it is 'she' who gives birth to all things. Creativity and spirituality are 'she' things. Jesus lived from the 'she/feminine' whereas god live from the masculine. That is why we have wars and not WWJD. You have to learn to balance the feminine and masculine to survive life, but with the feminine in the lead, not the masculine. Most let the masculine lead and when that happens the 'she' loses, as she did in your dream.

The other application is a 'she' in your actual waking life. Look at relationship issues. And possible mother issues {she protected you}. Dreams as well as all dream symbols have at least two applications. One is the inner and the outer, waking life issues that affect you when you have the dream. The inner issues are what are at the core of the outer issues. Refusal of the call is refusal to recognize the inner and living purely from the emotional, materialistic, ego centered self. The death and resurrection of Jesus on the cross is what has to happen to the ego. Taken literally you become confused. Applying it metaphorically {as in dreams and myth} then you see how it fits. Death to the ego self and a rebirth/resurrection to the spiritual/creative being.

So, if you take time to learn who you are by self analyzing your whole life you will see things that you never knew were there. It is called the inner journey. It is the real magic in life. Once you go inward you learn to look at things differently. The outer self is illusionary because it is so materialic and ego oriented. The reality is your own psychology, the reasons who you are and what motivate your outer self to do as it does. Discover the inner and the outer will change.

You may want to read my pages on Joseph Campbell. That is where I began my journey 20+ years ago and through his articulation of Jungian philosophy how I learned what my bliss was. I've been following that path ever since and is why you are able to post your dreams at this Dream Forum and receive an interpretation {I am the webmaster of my websites as well as the interpreter of dreams}. It is my creative/spiritual self you see. My true self.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

stats from 7-14-10 to the present