Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Boyfriend saving strangers baby from drowning in swimming pool

Last night in my dream my boyfriend saved a baby from drowning in a swimming pool,but I sat in the pool didn't do nothing because I didn't see anyone drowning. After the rescue the baby's parents appeared, but they didn't look worried. Can you explain my dream please?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Boyfriend saving strangers baby from drowning in swimming pool

Jen,
Likely the dream is purely metaphorical and is addressing your animus qualities. The boyfriend image in your dream would be symbolic of your own masculine qualities {masculine friend to your psyche}. The baby could represent several things, including your vulnerabilities {see baby in both dream dictionaries listed at top of page}. In the dream YOU doing nothing because you do not see, or recognize, these vulnerabilities {or whatever the baby may represent in your life}. The drowning part may suggest you are 'drowning, in a emotions that have to do with the baby symbol. You have to be rescued {perhaps that is one of your vulnerabilities-unable to rescue yourself emotionally or from the emotions} and with the help with a balanced approach {both masculine and feminine qualities working together} you do not worry about the emotions that are causing the drowning.

I suggest you look at your actual boyfriend and determine if you feel vulnerable without him. You may be putting too much emphasis on him and not enough self control on your own. It is when the 'parents', two people, male and female, that come together do you feel safe from your vulnerabilities. Dreams always have at least two applications. In your dream one could be addressing a lack of strong masculine qualities {your animus} and the second application being your heavy reliance on your actual boyfriend to save you from this particular vulnerability {baby}. When you have him {the two of you as a couple/parents} to protect you do not worry. Without him {symbolically him as your boyfriend in the dream} you must be saved from drowning due to this vulnerable aspect {baby}.

Also look at the baby symbol {in dictionaries}. It may provide clues to its meaning in your dream. Also read my page A Simple Guide to Dreams to get an understanding how dreams function {from the perspective of psychologist Carl Jung}

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

Re: Boyfriend saving strangers baby from drowning in swimming pool

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for your helpful explanation.

Jen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

stats from 7-14-10 to the present