Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Earthquake

I will agree, that lately I have put a lot more emphasis on the material development than my inner development. With a wife and kids and being the sole provider for the family, I am actually almost continuously focused on it. I am using conscious logic to solve all issues all the time. I feel like I have no choices, all I have left is to take this path as far as it will let me. I am constantly tending the garden of the material, and anytime I do have time off I abuse it with as much mind numbing nonsense as I possibly can. I have been extremely disappointed, especially with friendships and my career lately. On the other side, I take great pride in being a dad. Of course I feel like I fall short in many ways, and they are all material. So I agree I know, and have known for a long time that I have run away from myself and my intuition.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

hi Jamal,
I just posted onto the other thread - and then read this , , ,

the thing is , , ,, that outer life mirrors inner life , , , or to put it another way = inner life reveals itself in our outer life

and , , , once we start paying more attention to what is 'really going on' (eg: recognising that there is what I am supposed to do/ what other people think, and what I consider right for me ,,, ) the ante is raised, and everything is up for grabs

all the best, Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Hong Kong

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

hi again Jamal,,

as I closed the previous post the site returned me to your post about the material and the disappointment with friendships - and it hit a chord
=> what happened for me last year involved a man who was the best man at my wedding, and then my 'boss', and I realised that the man I was dealing with was not the man I thought he was. He was prepared to and essentially did, wreck my career for his professional reputation. I had devastated me, has caused and is causing me a lot of angst, and troubles. However , , in a way I am glad because I was living in a deception, and one thing I have come to is a wish to live in what is true.
You could say that the material is what is true , ,, but selectively so - your child for example , , , that is true, and material and worthy of your investment (time, and efforts), the other may no be so.
It could be that realising this is challenging the childhood belief structures

all the best, Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Hong Kong

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Jamel,
As I stated in my first reply, anytime there is a mention of childhood homes or experiences in the beginning of a dream the issues being addressed are associated with childhood experiences. This is something I have seen time and again in working with dreams and it seems to be a constant pattern {the mention of childhood in the first part of a dream}. Looking the whole dream I get the sense there are childhood issues that are being addressed from your life.

The mention of your grandmother would likely point to an exact time of these experiences/influences the dream is attempting to communicate. The sense in your stomach may relate to an eruption of what is about to happen due to unconscious contents within your psyche. The earthquake is realizing these past childhood experiences and the 'shaking' they will cause in your life. The tremors are prelude to the actual earthquake, perhaps subtle indications the quake is coming. Something may have prompted you to start remembering your past, an recent experience that stimulated the thoughts or even perhaps your age {approaching the middle age phase where these things come up automatically}. The noise would be from the past experiences and if you have not yet consciously felt the full effects {know what they are about} unconsciously there are ready to surface {in a violet realization}.

the outside is the conscious self, either/and the present or from the past. The middle aged woman may have associations to a real person {in childhood] but 'she' could also be you {middle aged}, your anima qualities. The feminine aspects often represent emotions and it may be there are particular emotions you have been hiding {hiding under the desk}. 'Theoretically' that is what people do when there are painful or frightful experiences from childhood. They hide the emotions {either consciously or unconsciously} because of the pain associated with the experiences. When these things 'come out {outside to conscious recognition} there is something you can do to help resolve the issues {that is what dreams do, bring these things out so they can be resolved}. But there will also be attempts to 'dodge' the unconscious contents, keep them hidden. This is very often a normal response. From your 'middle/center' {inner self} you can see these aspects {the building is you} starting to crumble {you and the past experiences attempting to become conscious}. But some 'walls' still remain {walls are barriers}. The cheap walls would be a reference to your psyche and the 'inadequate construction of your foundations' due to these experiences.

Look back at your childhood when your grandmother was with you {a time phase} and see what there might be that could cause an 'earthquake of emotions' in your adult life. Were there negative experiences as a child that you not reconciled? We all are motivated in some form by childhood experiences and until they are resolved they remain active within our unconscious, attempting to break through to consciousness either in our dreams and often in our personality. Let me know what you find and we can go from there.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

HI Jerry,

Up until your interpretation I was convinced that running outside the house during the earthquake was the right thing to do. In the dream I actually felt some contempt for the lady under the table. I lived with my grandmother. She was a very unemotional person who loved me from afar. My sister considers her to be very negative, she said that when she was 8 years old, I only realized that in my late twenties. Just shows how used to, or how disconnected I am...

I am going to spend some time with these thoughts. I do not want to miss this opportunity Jerry because my childhood was difficult at times and there were consequences. There's anxiety that I don't want passed on to my children etc.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? y

stats from 7-14-10 to the present