Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hotel Deviousness

Jackie,
I am going to give an analysis of your dream and then give more thought in a day or so and see if I can come up with something more different. I have a lot going on and my intuitive mind is not functioning as well as it should. The dream is quite detailed and not easy to decipher. Here is a preliminary analysis, subject to change.

My sense is you are trying to reconcile some emotional conflict from your past {in your 20s may be a clue}. The contrast in hair may suggest something you did that wasn't smartest thing {blond}. Also the mother symbol may suggest a wiser 'you' {you are the mother of yourself}. The single mom may be a clue also.

The second paragraph again alludes to your past and possible past mistakes, an ugly time in your life. Your 'mom' questioning him may refer to current decisions that are before you and may be the reason for the dream {being in a position where correct decision making is important}. The guy may refer to actual waking life experiences but also your own inner masculine self, questioning yourself from a wiser position {mother}. The sex is bringing together of something, a resolution of physical and mental aspects.

The driver's license is a instrument that is given by authority. The grilling may be questioning by what authority this emotional aspect has in governing your actions {in the present time}. The photocopy may again be saying something about 'copying' decisions from past actions. You may trust yourself {again, the guy is apart of your masculine self} in some aspect of decision making that you are now having to make. The folded paper could be alluding to something folded from your past {decisions}, a time you didn't care as much to the consequences.

Your wiser self {mother} is telling you not do to one thing but you know you would be fooling yourself by thinking that it as easy {not to}. You know you are capable of doing just the opposite, even though you are older and wiser. Or it may be you will not do it but want to {giving in to a temptation that when you were younger you would have jumped on}. The left direction is one of adventure, not obeying the rules {something a younger person would do}. There is a learning aspect in all of this {elementary/middle school}. The room number 24 would equal six which may suggest a need or desire for physical wholeness {are you in a relationship? If not are you wanting one?}.
You have done this before, but you do not want to have repercussions {as there were in the past}. Being older you may be trying to convince yourself you have the key to avoiding this {strength of your masculine self}. 'This time' will be different, you are more excited than concerned, perhaps ignoring the past since it has been awhile since you were in this position.

The older male figure may have present day waking associations, perhaps reminding you of your father. There are 'faded' memories involved. I see the male of 40 and the brother figure of 18-22 {equals 40} as a statement about wholeness {in Jungian psyche the number represents wholeness}. The round plate would suggest wholeness as would the table. The table may represent social unity, as in a relationship. But there are two males {opposites} sitting across the table from you. This may represent conflict in making decisions.

There is a question of trusting yourself, not doing what isn't good for you emotionally, possibly about relationships.

On the 'outside' you are 23 again, faced with a decision. You are faced with the past which again wants to 'nuzzle'. But you are sure because you are with someone else {perhaps another relationship, or may represent a wiser you}.

Does this fit somewhere in your life? Are you engaged in decisions about a relationship or relationships? It is very detailed dream and often that makes it more difficult because there is a temptation to interpret too much of the dream in detail and overlook the primary message. In my analysis I look for a flow of patterns. The pattern in this dream may be about decisions of the past and the present.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

Re: Hotel Deviousness

Hi Jerry

I didn't want to rush writing back to you on this so that I could digest it a little. Here is what I want to ask (what I am thinking the connection may be). I am currently out of work - I lost my job last year and have not been able to find work (or work find me for that matter). Very recently (just days prior to this dream, actually) I was telling my sister that I think I need to do something completely different to grow/change/learn to drum up new opportunities/possibilities since sitting at a computer looking for work (or looking at the newspaper, etc.) obviously isn't working. This way of looking is the only way my parents know and this is what is constantly reinforced.

In addition, I was working in a field that I felt burnt out in and I do not want to even look at another position in that field, period. Again, this is something that one of my parents think is foolish and yet this time I don't feel like that.

I say 'this time' because there was a 'last time' and I voluntarily quit (it was working for the same place) and wanted to change the course of my life but didn't.

The guy in my dream is also from that time of my life.

I just wonder if the dream may maybe relate to my feeling confined (in a sense) and my desire to want to "rebel" (going off with the guy in the dream). I was really trying to consider what you said and wanted to add some background to see if it might help?

I sincerely appreciate that you looked over my dream and provided me with something to think about.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 - Buffalo, NY

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present