Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Contract

Jr.,
Perhaps the first thing we need to do is determine what the object in your dream is. It is the most common theme and is repeatedly referred to throughout the dream.

Your added info about seeking a job probably fits with the large things out of reach. The flying through your in-laws house, give your statement you probably feel more normal when with them, may suggest you are more secure with them which may suggest insecurity issues otherwise. This may be the reason you are flying strangely in the dream.

But back to issue of the object. Dreams are about the psychology of the dreamer. When you look at the word psychology and break it down the first part is 'psyche'. The Greek word for psyche is soul. One of my life teachers {Marion Woodman} has a wonderful lecture Audio book} titled, Dreams-Language of the Soul. Dreams are about the soul {psyche}. The subject/object in dreams is the soul, the true self wanting to be exposed to consciousness so the person can be whole and experience a harmonious life {which most people are unable to do because of psychological/emotional conflicts}. There is a good chance the object in your dream is your soul. Without a harmonious 'soul' one can not achieve the highest possibilities in life. This is what we all are looking for {which in reality is the creative/spiritual aspects} in life. It is the one thing that can grant you what ever you wish, within your capabilities and the laws of nature {and which must include a spiritual identity}. This becomes even a greater possibility with the actions later in the dream.

The dogs in your dream that came in from the outside may represent the aspects of the relationship between you and your wife that reflects the emotions between you in your relationship {tell them apart from our dog that was already in the house}. There is a strangeness about these dogs, or symbolically your human nature {dogs are often symbolic of our animal nature}. "So my wife had me go out and search for the object so I could wish them away." If it is about negative emotions or attitudes on your part then it would be something she wishes you would do away with. You are looking for your true self, looking for wholeness, trying to find a job that would fulfill your soul {and bring tranquility in your relationship with your wife and family}.
Are you in a time frame of confusion to what to do to achieve this? Looking everywhere for a solution?

The back yard would possibly represent your unconscious self {the front is the ego conscious self}. The doll is an aspect of yourself, an innocent aspect that may have to do with childhood issues. The hat is your role in life {the hat you wear}. The 330 days may have personal associations {is there a day in November that means anything, say November 25th or there about?}. It also could be pointing to the wholeness issue {3x3 equals nine which is the number for wholeness in Jungian psyche}. The days to live is not a literal 'death threat' but a reference to discovering something and a death and resurrection to some aspect of yourself that will bring wholeness to your life. Remember, the object you are searching for is your soul, your true self.

The we get into the contract and the mention of the devil. Many people take images in dreams literally. There are in fact symbolic. What I get from this language is you have sold your soul {your true self which seeks wholeness} to repressed contents that are motivating factors in your adult life. Early life experiences/influences have a hold on you {security/insecurity issues being on aspect} and you can not achieve wholeness in life because you have given in to these motivating factors {of which the majority of people do in life}. These motivating factors from early life are preventing you from being all you can be and are causing problems in your family life. Because these early life experiences/influences are imprinted on the psyche {in the mind} and are unconscious, consciously it controls you and there is no awareness of it. The devil is a negative part of you. Unless you have done something where you feel guilt then the issues would be from early life {and likely to be even if there are guilt issues}.

Summary
I believe your dream is addressing issues to do with finding wholeness in life that has been lacking in your early life. The object you are looking for is the soul {true self, whole and harmonious life}. You state you feel more normal with your in-laws and this would be because they are more like a functional family than your real family {is this true?}. The job issue has created a new aspect to this relationship {with in-laws} and now you to reach higher than may be possible due to childhood issues. This is also causing problems in your family life.

Look at my analysis and let me know your thoughts. That will likely clarify things may help in better understanding the dream. I know so little about you and the more I know the more I can put the pieces in the dream together and match them to your actual life, conscious and unconscious.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

Re: The Contract

You're correct in saying that my wife's family is more functional than my family. My parents got a divorce when I was four and my mom got full custody with the exception that my dad had me every other weekend. A couple years later my mom started a business with her boyfriend who is now her husband. From then on she has been working day and night. So I didn't really have a lot of interaction with either parents early on. My mom and step dad also struggled with alcoholism until I was in middle school. Compare this to my wife's family who's parents are still married and have a more fixed and regular schedule.

As far as the job situation, it has kind of been a problem since I got out of college. I went to college with the intention of having a career as a pilot when I was finished. However, as my wife and I's relationship got more serious (we got married shortly after I graduated college), I began to rethink whether I would want to be a pilot. Looking back at my own childhood and seeing the regret my mom had with not being able to spend as much time with me as she would have liked, I decided that I wanted to be around my own family more than I would be able to while being a pilot. That leads into the problem of finding a job. I double majored so it's not that my degree is useless, but I spent most of my time in college prepping to be a pilot, that I don't know where to start looking to utilize the management part of my degree.

I am also an introvert, so networking with people to help get my career started is difficult for me. Not only does being an introvert put a damper on getting my career started, it also causes some problems with my wife because I'm not very good at communicating my thoughts and feelings as much as she would like. So that is probably what fits into the dog part of my dream because she wants me to talk more and express myself more.

As far as the 330 days, the only thing I can think of that would be significant around that time would be that's the time of the year that my wife and I started dating. That is also right in the middle of thanksgiving and Christmas and that time of the year can get kind of hectic because of all the different sides of the family we have to visit. Other than that I can't really think of anything.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 IL

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

stats from 7-14-10 to the present