Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I dreamed i was the opposite gender multiple times

I have had about five dreams where i am a male. I'm not sure why i keep having them. I have some information that might help the dream interpertation. I think allot about what my life would happen to be like if i was a boy, as a girl, i am one who is intrested in things like games etc. so i don't fit in with normal girls, so sometimes i imagine if i was a boy that maybe i would be less shy, and it would be easier to get friends. I like to imagine what would be diffrent, who would i be friends with etc. Even when i was young i'd prefer to be a male character while imaginating or playing a game. Now, i think about it more than ever now, i am straight but i belive if i was male i would be fine. I just think...What if? On a art website i made a seperate account pretending to be a male just to see what it was like, it feels wrong that these people think i am this guy but im a girl. During this periods i have dreams. My latest one was last night. My hair was already cut, and i had boy clothes on, i wanted in the dream to be a guy really bad so i wanted to pretend to be a new student in school, as a male. I was a female, yet i tried my best to look the part, then i got concerned because i realized i couldn't solve the solution of having breasts, which wouldn't look like a boy, so i just thought it would look like muscles (abbs) i walked in, very confident (unusual for me) and pretending to be a guy. (They guy looked just like my character i made up/ pretend to be) I then went to the libary, and a libirian there flirted with me and she went to my house. it was wierd. Another dream was when i was a boy, he looked like a skater boy, and he was sneaking into peoples houses * which resembled my house) which reminded me of my favorite game, assassins creed. Then I Saw this big ramp in the middle of my back yard, and i skated on it ( i also had a guy that was with me) and then afterwards we went into a shed (just like ours) and it was my home. I also had this one where i was a guy in love with a blonde with a pony tail who also loved to ride bikes, we went to a lake that had a blue wooden bridge that we hanged out at for a bit. Then it showed me as the guy checking my locker. Real back, i had one where i was Shaggy from scooby doo who got caught stealing burgers out of a freezer, then i saw my real self an a stage singing, and i was shaggy which was very odd. I had another one, i know, but i can't remember it.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 13 North Carolina

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: I dreamed i was the opposite gender multiple times

Gracie,
What you possess is a psychological attitude that better fits with being a boy than a girl. This is what is known as being a 'tomboy' {tomboys are girls who are protesting against their gender because they were made to believe that its an inferior one} . Being a boy would make you a new person {new student in school} even though genetically you are a girl and will always be a girl. But you are also playing a role as a boy to help you gain confidence. Being a tomboy is a psychological attitude more than a physical condition. In school you want to act out these tomboy traits but to do so would bring about ridicule from other students {and perhaps family as well}. Being your true self {a tomboy} would allow you to show the confidence you possess as well as be confident in yourself because you are being who you really are. Few kids are aware of who they really are so in aw big way this is a plus. But it is also a negative because others will not accept you are normal {even though you are}.

The second dream is about you entering into 'your self' {the house is you} where you wish to 'assassinate' parts of yourself that you feel are weak. This requires a strong masculine attitude and is the primary reason you want to be a boy. As a boy you can stand up to those who mistreat or bully you. There may also be social 'labels' involved because you possess strong masculine interests and to do so in public would go against the stereotype of how a girl should act. You have to be 'sneaky' in how you present yourself, having to act, dress like a boy but not so much to make people tease you or bully you for doing so.

The dream about being in love with a blond {I assume a blond headed girl} would be about loving those feminine pasts of yourself despite being the tom boy that you are. This way you 'both' can enjoy doing the things you really like to do. You would be 'bridging' the boy and girls parts so you can 'hang' with both identities. The locker is where you keep personal stuff hidden inside. The personal stuff is about who you really are {a tomboy} and having to keep it hidden away.

The dream about Shaggy was an early dream demonstrating your strong masculine attitudes. Stealing burgers is about the lack of feeling good about yourself and having to steal emotional aspects that you are deprived of. When you are able to possess these aspects that are lacking you find confidence and you are able 'sing in stage' {in the dream}. Shaggy is a character without a lot of confidence as is his alter ego/dog friend Scooby Doo. But together they find ways to solve the mysteries. For you being Shaggy requires an inner Scooby Doo, Shaggy being your conscious self and Scooby Doo being the unconscious aspect that is lacking in your waking conscious self.

Summary
You are a tomboy by description {if you are positively certain you are straight} and that means you possess strong masculine tendencies and attitudes. Physically {genetically} and emotionally you are a girl who just happens to have strong 'boy' tendencies. There may be social implications involved where girls are expected to be 'girly' and to be otherwise would be looked down upon. that would lend itself to feelings of a lack of confidence in yourself. It also would stimulate the tomboy in you to show itself, supplementing the masculine self so you will feel strong and confident. But to do this has its negative results, other kids may pick on you, call you names. This is a stage you must go through because it is who you are. When you grow older you will become a woman but most likely a strong willed woman who is not afraid to voice your opinions or feelings. You need to be who you are 'now' {the tomboy} but in a way that is not so visible that it rubs other kids the wrong way. Wear your hair short and even clothes that would be more boyish. But also do girl stuff in school so others know you are a girl. Find friends who will accept you for who you are and don't let those who tease you bother you. They are the ones with the real problems because they do not realize who they are deep down inside. You do.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

Thanks,

I am a tomboy, but i dress in fancy attire, such as dress pants, and fancy shirts, and normal shoes, like black flip flops. Everybody doesn't know the real me at school because i look like a shy girly girl, because of the way i dress. I want to look female, but be respected even though i seem to be a tomboy. Since i don't talk much they say that i must be really nice, kind, and girly. It feels they are making my place in school as a girly girl, making all my control in making my own acurate impression by being myself taken away from me. Like you said, the locker represents me staching inside my tom-boy side from the world. I feel that i can be like a girl in some senses, but more of a tomboy, so 'bridging' them together is how i feel would describe me, how i want to be looked at, i want to be known as how i am but respected the fact that i can be girly, just a bit. I am a blonde which makes it more super, sense you say it represents my girl side. You said that being a boy in my dream makes me feel like im more confident to guard off things, which would represent my emotions that if I was a boy that I would have it easier, which results in a big side of me wishing somehow i could've rather be a boy than a girl. I feel that maybe this is somehow genteically a problem, since my brother grew up being a rather girly boy, and sometimes says he'd rather be born a girl instead, but is perfectally straight and will just have to deal with it. I feel like since he is more mature that he should be the older female instead, and me being the younger brother, like we were born out of place, but i guess these things happen for a reason.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 13 North Carolina

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Gracie,
Being who you really are is important but having to hide it is difficult. You are at a difficult stage in your life and it is important to have approval and confidence. Your mother's lack of support really hurts. Again I suggest you reach out to a school counselor and talk with them. Having someone to confide in, an adult who has experience in these matters, can help. Concentrate on your school work and your art/desire to write. You will get through this phase in your life but as important is to do it without being psychologically damaged more than you can be {your mother's attitude doesn't help}. Stay strong {a masculine/tomboy trait} and you will not only survive but thrive.

Post other dreams if you wish. Perhaps we can gain more insights to your emotions that may help from them.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

Thank you I shall try to follow your adivice with the best I'm capable of, I will post more dreams in the future maybe even some in the past. I have dreams about flying without stoping no way to control a landing, they are short dreams just want a short answer if this means something big, Thanks.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 12 NC

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present