Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Ladybug that Grew Big

Warren,
I don't look at a symbol/image as a good luck/bad luck application because it would be a prediction and dreams seldom predict. They compensate what we already know {although it may be unconscious knowledge}. In your dream I don't see the ladybug any straightforward indications it is a bout good luck. in life we tend to make our own luck by the actions we demonstrate in life. Do good things, good things usually happen in return. Bad actions, bad results. It is called karma, cause and effect.

To understand the possibilities of what an images may represent we can look to myth and folklore since both myth and dreams use archetypal images in their depiction of emotional/psychological patterns. Here the folklore tale of the ladybug being a symbol of good luck.

The Ladybug is associated with spirituality and religious devotion. The name Ladybug originated in Europe during the Middle Ages, when insects were destroying the crops. Catholic farmers were said to have prayed to the Virgin Mary for help. Soon after, Ladybugs appeared and began eating the pests and saved the crops from destruction. The farmers began to call the Ladybugs “the Beetles of Our Lady” and eventually they were known as Lady Beetles. The Ladybug's red wings are said to represent the Virgin's cloak and the black spots her joys and sorrows.

But we also most consider other aspects of the ladybug, its life cycle and other aspects. And in the context of the dream being a good luck symbol, I would think the dream scenario would parallel the myth if it is going to apply.

But we have to look at the image of the ladybug in the context of the whole dream. In that light we need to also consider other possibilities it may represent. I tend to look at unconscious images not only in their mythological applications but also in the name and colors. The lady bug would suggest feminine qualities {anima} that can be annoying {in they are unconscious and wish to be made conscious}. Or something you are worried about {feminine emotional qualities}. As I stated in my original response the colors can also apply. Orange is the color of the sun, an object that can not be directly observed but holds all the powers. The black spots would be the unconscious, again something not seen but when accessed will lead to healing.

Looking at the context of the dream and applying the good luck possibility we would have to apply the ladybug image with the other images as well as with the actions of the dream. How would a ladybug fit with the shallow stream? Ladybugs are not water creatures. But if you take the symbol and put it into a context as I did in mt analysis it tends to fit. The pebbles can also represent small emotional annoyances in the unconscious that need to be made conscious {working its way from the unconscious through the subconscious to consciousness}. The lady bug is dead which for me suggests something that is not living in consciousness {but is alive in the unconscious}. It is 'boxed' in the unconscious and when let out {to consciousness} comes alive because it is an emotional aspect that has been pushed from consciousness due to the pain it can cause when thought about. These are emotional forces that must be set free from the unconscious so you can consciously recognize the experiences that caused the emotional conflict, and thus start a healing process. The dream is much a like a story in myth and has a plot {the story is of the dreamer's emotional life}. It has a flow and pattern and discerning what the patterns are will lead to the message of the dream.

The one important item that the interpretation must do is fit with the dreamer's life. Dreams are not random stories that have to do with just about anything, they are about the dreamer's emotional life. If it doesn't fit with that whole life {the emotional conflicts built up during life} then there is a wrong analysis and interpretation of the dream. We know from your response there are unresolved emotional issues {we all have them} and when you look at why we have dreams and understand their therapeutic application and then apply what has happened in your life, the dream will match the patterns of emotional behavior. The patterns in dreams will fit with the emotional patterns in your life. Dreams are attempting to help the emotional conflicts.

I think it is best to look at the unresolved emotional issues you are aware of and work with that. Future dreams will help clarify what needs to be understood by the conscious mind so there can be a healing process. As long as the issues remain unresolved you will have dreams trying to communicate there are issues that need resolution.

Post other future dreams and perhaps we will be able to pinpoint the primary issues the dreams are trying to communicate.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

stats from 7-14-10 to the present