Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
can't call for help

I have started having nightmares a lot lately (about once a week for several months) - they are all different but there is one detail that is in every one of them. Some sort of crime is threatening me, my home, and children; I will try to call 911 5 or 6 times, but every time I dial wrong or get an automated system that disconnects me. Then I wake up. It has really started bothering me.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 41 & USA/Texas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: can't call for help

Shannon,
Nightmares are dreams where there are deep emotional issues involved that need resolution {a function of dreams is to help the dreamer resolve such issues}. What is threatening you is these emotional/psychological issues. The threat to your home and children may suggest these deep issues that could cause psychological and possible physical harm if not resolved. Crime in a dream is often symbolic of feelings of guilt. Calling 911 is a call for help. Not being able to get through may suggest either you have not received the proper help in these issues or you have not sought the help you need. The automated system nay indicate the 'system' is not working as it should which may indicate you have sought help be have been put 'on hold'. In any instance where there is a 'crime' you may need to try harder or another system. There is also the possibility the disconnection may point to repression of past experiences where you were made to feel guilt. Especially if these issues/nightmares are just now beginning to surface. You are at that stage of midlife when what was left in the unconscious and not thought about begins to surface to your conscious mind. Past traumatic experiences were blocked out {repressed or ignored}. But at midlife these things begin to surface 'automatically'. Often these issues have had at least partial control over your life and at midlife where you are more matured and able to cope, nature has a mechanism to resolve emotional issues so you can live the rest of your life in wholeness and harmony. But the emotional issues must first be recognized and resolved.

What are the emotional issues that could threaten to disrupt your whole life? Look to your past experiences where guilt is involved and see what is there {not necessarily your fault but perhaps you feel it is because of it involved someone you trusted}. Have you blocked out or repressed past deep emotional experiences? Now is the time to recognize these issues and get them resolved before they cause even more harm. Let me know your thoughts and perhaps we can determine more about your dreams and the issues involved.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

Thank for both the service you provide and for your quick reply. I'm sorry took a little time to reply; I have thought about what you said and I believe it's spot-on. I actually had some things surface from my childhood about 5 years ago. I did seek help with those issues, and thought it was resolved, but after reflecting on your reply I have been able to recognize an area I still need to deal with.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 41 & USA/Texas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Shannon,
I appreciate the reply. One aspect of your dream that is significant for me is calling 911 5 or 6 times. Numbers always have meaning in dreams and the issue that came up for you five years ago fits with the the number of times you called 911 for help. It may seem much to most but I believe there is a connection. Dreams use every image/symbol as a tool of communication including the most seemingly insignificant words/numbers.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

stats from 7-14-10 to the present