Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dream in forest with creatures

Robert,
I won't interpret all the individual images since there are so many and to do so would probably need a further explanation to their relevance to the other images. That could go on forever and still not add much clarity to their symbolic/metaphorical reference. I will instead focus on the forest and the tower since these two images seem to have the most importance to the dream scenario. Like a play dreams are depictions of an ongoing cycle of events that in the end will hopefully provide an understanding to the central theme.

A forest is nature's retreat and in dreams most often signifies personal growth. But in your dream there is a void, no sounds, no actions, merely a void. This is your inner world and what is going on inside your psyche is a reflection of either what is happening in your outer world and/or has influence over that ego self. In this instance I believe it is the influences that are central, the stimuli from early life experiences that have control over your waking life {negative}. If not that {that will play at least a partial role} then there are neurological issues in play that are controlling in some manner in your life.

The dream does seem to offer great potential to your life {great many trees-trees also a symbol of personal/spiritual growth}. But there are no sounds, nothing vibrates within you, no stimulus for growing or enjoyment of the natural self {true self}. So much so that the 'trees' in your dream reflect an outer life that is artificial, not real or true to who you really are. An inauthentic life. Moss would symbolize a very slow progression of growth and instead of grass {a symbol for continuous growth despite the usual impediments in life}. This is your inner world and either is reflected in your outer world or is so influencing the ego self you are not aware of it.

In all individual path there are psychological barriers/conflicts and one must travel a distance to get to a clear understanding of what they are {the clearing in the forest}. This is often a prelude to discovering something profound about yourself, often something terrifying {emotionally}. And whether you are prepared or not the emotional issues will rise up before you and will either liberate you or destroy you {psychologically, and always the possibility physically}. This is the tower in your dream.

A tower is a place of defense, protection. It can also be a symbol for the head, the intellect, the thinking process. It can be a place of imprisonment. What is imprisoned are aspects of your true self, the emotional experiences/influences that are locked away within the deep unconscious {all great towers have dungeons}. There are no windows, no way to see what is within the walls. This may suggest repressed memories or experiences. Or it could represent neurological walls, physical barriers to seeing beyond the walls within the mind. There is weird symbols on the entrance, symbolic references that when opened up in the mind will let you see {but you must be able to open the doors}.

Once within the tower you go up {going within, a psychological search}. Once you begin this process you start a process of hearing/seeing/feeling your true self. You encounter psychological screams of your emotional self. What is locked inside is horrible, and that is reflected in your outre life when examined. It is your true self and that needs to be rescued. It takes bravery, the discipline of the hero to proceed. But as with most that is lacking, you must turn back, you are so afraid to face the demonic inner voices {a natural response to most deep emotional conflicts}. You do not wish to explore further because of what awaits you within {psychologically/or neurologically}.

On the outside there are horrible creatures {because you have not confronted the inner demons they take form in your outer life}. The ground is the natural foundations to who you are and usually point to life experiences/influences that are the building blocks to your personality and psyche. Instead of trees there are expanding tentacles of emotional energies. That threaten to expand further into your life.

These inner issues seem not to be instantly devouring mechanisms but something that is slowly taking place. Often repressed emotional conflicts come slowly to conscious view. I sense this is what is taking place in your life. Either there are deeply repressed emotional issues that are locked away within your unconscious or there are neurological factors involved that have control over aspects of your psyche. If you can provide a general description of your life as it is today, as well as some insights to your childhood, I may be able to better pinpoint what the issues are. Are there emotional issues locked away that you are so afraid of you can not but help turn away from thinking about them? If these issues have just begun to show themselves then either there is something that has stimulated that process, or if neurological issues then they are beginning to get worse.

Note. I don't often address neurological issues in a dream but my sense is there is the possibility this could be the case. Instead of the normal psychological issues that dreams address there may be neurological issues. That could suggest phsyical is in play as well as the psychological aspects.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

Robert,
I won't interpret all the individual images since there are so many and to do so would probably need a further explanation to their relevance to the other images. That could go on forever and still not add much clarity to their symbolic/metaphorical reference. I will instead focus on the forest and the tower since these two images seem to have the most importance to the dream scenario. Like a play dreams are depictions of an ongoing cycle of events that in the end will hopefully provide an understanding to the central theme.

A forest is nature's retreat and in dreams most often signifies personal growth. But in your dream there is a void, no sounds, no actions, merely a void. This is your inner world and what is going on inside your psyche is a reflection of either what is happening in your outer world and/or has influence over that ego self. In this instance I believe it is the influences that are central, the stimuli from early life experiences that have control over your waking life {negative}. If not that {that will play at least a partial role} then there are neurological issues in play that are controlling in some manner in your life.

The dream does seem to offer great potential to your life {great many trees-trees also a symbol of personal/spiritual growth}. But there are no sounds, nothing vibrates within you, no stimulus for growing or enjoyment of the natural self {true self}. So much so that the 'trees' in your dream reflect an outer life that is artificial, not real or true to who you really are. An inauthentic life. Moss would symbolize a very slow progression of growth and instead of grass {a symbol for continuous growth despite the usual impediments in life}. This is your inner world and either is reflected in your outer world or is so influencing the ego self you are not aware of it.

In all individual path there are psychological barriers/conflicts and one must travel a distance to get to a clear understanding of what they are {the clearing in the forest}. This is often a prelude to discovering something profound about yourself, often something terrifying {emotionally}. And whether you are prepared or not the emotional issues will rise up before you and will either liberate you or destroy you {psychologically, and always the possibility physically}. This is the tower in your dream.

A tower is a place of defense, protection. It can also be a symbol for the head, the intellect, the thinking process. It can be a place of imprisonment. What is imprisoned are aspects of your true self, the emotional experiences/influences that are locked away within the deep unconscious {all great towers have dungeons}. There are no windows, no way to see what is within the walls. This may suggest repressed memories or experiences. Or it could represent neurological walls, physical barriers to seeing beyond the walls within the mind. There is weird symbols on the entrance, symbolic references that when opened up in the mind will let you see {but you must be able to open the doors}.

Once within the tower you go up {going within, a psychological search}. Once you begin this process you start a process of hearing/seeing/feeling your true self. You encounter psychological screams of your emotional self. What is locked inside is horrible, and that is reflected in your outre life when examined. It is your true self and that needs to be rescued. It takes bravery, the discipline of the hero to proceed. But as with most that is lacking, you must turn back, you are so afraid to face the demonic inner voices {a natural response to most deep emotional conflicts}. You do not wish to explore further because of what awaits you within {psychologically/or neurologically}.

On the outside there are horrible creatures {because you have not confronted the inner demons they take form in your outer life}. The ground is the natural foundations to who you are and usually point to life experiences/influences that are the building blocks to your personality and psyche. Instead of trees there are expanding tentacles of emotional energies. That threaten to expand further into your life.

These inner issues seem not to be instantly devouring mechanisms but something that is slowly taking place. Often repressed emotional conflicts come slowly to conscious view. I sense this is what is taking place in your life. Either there are deeply repressed emotional issues that are locked away within your unconscious or there are neurological factors involved that have control over aspects of your psyche. If you can provide a general description of your life as it is today, as well as some insights to your childhood, I may be able to better pinpoint what the issues are. Are there emotional issues locked away that you are so afraid of you can not but help turn away from thinking about them? If these issues have just begun to show themselves then either there is something that has stimulated that process, or if neurological issues then they are beginning to get worse.

Note. I don't often address neurological issues in a dream but my sense is there is the possibility this could be the case. Instead of the normal psychological issues that dreams address there may be neurological issues. That could suggest phsyical is in play as well as the psychological aspects.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Robert,

Jerry

Robert,

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present