Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: giant lions and time travel

Philip,
I appreciate your paragraphing the dream to make it easier to read. Give me a couple of days to go over it. Because it is very long I will need time to examine the patterns and see where they lead.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

Philip,
I will take the first paragraph and break down the images/symbols to give you an idea how I approach dreams using Jungian psyche. I will do that in this post and finish my analysis in another. The rest of the dream I will likely provide a summary since it is along dream and to break down the images would take several hours {to properly do so}. Here is my analysis of the first paragraph:

Philip,
This dream starts out examining your spiritual search {Mayan temple} and although continues with that progression also examines your emotional life. The temple is you and your spiritual search and the green vines is you branching out to include this spiritual self into your personal psyche. The engraved designs may point to deeper archetypal aspects of the deep unconscious which could point to illuminating possibilities not only in your spiritual life but also your emotional life. The two levels of the temple {you} could point to duality of body and spirit as well as the two aspects of enlightenment I touched on {spiritual and emotional}. The bottom level is square which may indicate the search of the deeper self will lead to wholeness spiritually and emotionally. Water is a common symbol for the unconscious {water is what the body is primarily made of} and to reach into the depths is to fill the self with greater understanding. The passages leading to the top may point to bringing the deeper knowledge {hidden 'secrets' within the unconscious-secrets only because they have yet to become conscious} to consciousness. The upper level would be the thinking self, conscious knowing. This is the perceived ego world where we believe top be the real world {when in fact the unconscious world with its motivating energies is the true self}. The switch opens you up to the unconscious material {personal experiences/influences} that is stored in the unconscious. The older man would be a wisdom aspect, the robes personal aspects seeking wholeness {round orbs-anything circular points to wholeness/completion}. The warning of a battle is an emotional battle as well as a spiritual one {discovering spiritual truths within yourself as well as universal truths}. Swords are used to cut away the barriers that keep you from finding wholeness. A troll is the 'ugly' aspects, the negative aspects of your psyche {see my definition in your other posted dream}. You are doing battle with aspects of the greater Self and also of lesser aspects {imp}. The imp may have associations with early life since part of its definition is that of a child like figure. This may point to childhood issues that were not so great but because it is a lesser figure the implications are not so damaging as to your person/personality. Your spiritual search/being has eliminated this aspect and now it is left to you to cut away the deeper issues. The troll would indicate there are emotional issues that still need to be resolved and although in the dream you 'cleaved' the troll's skull you have merely opened it up to discover deeper possibilities {vision went black-black is the color of the unknown, the unconscious}.

A summary of this first part shows your search for wholeness on different levels of consciousness {you are exploring not only spirituality but also the deeper meaning of the particular spiritualism you subscribe to}. But as usual there are always the personal issues that get in the way of finding wholeness {they are what keeps us from being whole}. These personal issues seem to have taken a back seat to the spiritual search which could be troubling depending on what spiritual concepts you are studying and who your 'teachers' are. hopefully it is not a 'cult' type of spiritualism {my spiritual teacher Joseph Campbell warns to be weary of 'gurus'. A guru or spiritual teacher who professes to have all the answers can only lead you as far as they have advanced}. If you will provide some info on what spiritual path you are taking it will help me understand the importance of the dream images in their application to your life.

I'll work on the rest of the dream in another post.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

The spiritual path that I have chosen is not just one path. I have chosen the path to god, and the path to power. You see Jerry I have had dreams that have foretold my future on three occasions within the past four years and in two of these four episodes I lived those EXACT moments. I dreamt of a friend of mine named Courtney and his girlfriend standing outside in the parking lot of my old apartment complex and having a conversation. With them was a mysterious fourth person. It had snowed a few inches and the sun was out. He was wearing a green windbreaker and gray sweat pants and his girlfriend was wearing a black and orange flight jacket and light blue jeans. The third person was a girl wearing light blue jeans and a brown heavy coat with fur on the rim of the hood. A week after the dream I lived those exact moments. The girl from my dream was the daughter of my friends girlfriend. This dream was two years ago and last year a mark appeared in the middle of my forehead that wont go away. It resembles a watermark or indentation and is about a half inch above my eyebrows. I assure you what I'm typing is truth. Hope to hear from you

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes just started yesterday

Philip,
If it were four for four then I would see it is as proof you are able to foresee the future. Two of four begs the question what happened in the other two events? Jung tells us that dreams compensate what we already know, to include those things we unconsciously know, and to include the possibility of knowledge related to archetypal energies {instinctual energies}. Jung worked with dreams that foretold future events but it wasn't something the dreamer consciously thought of as being able to foretell the future. If Jung had not brought it to the attention of the dreamer {after analyzing their dreams} the dreamer would not think of it was a predictor until it after it happened. It then was a realization after the fact, more on the level with Deja vu. One dream foretold of the death of the dreamer by 'stepping off into the air' and the man dying when he 'stepped off' while mountain climbing and falling to his death. Jung warned the man of the impending danger when he interpreted the dream {to no avail}.

A for your spiritual path to god and to power. If it is not a path to spiritual power over your own life but instead a power over other things then you are off your path. God is not a thing, god is an idea, it is a psychological condition. The goodness within must manifest itself without {instead of bringing god in, you let god out}. Otherwise you become delusional in being 'the chosen one' governed by ego and not spirit. Any spiritual path that promises you power beyond your own spiritual self is not true spirituality. Like dreams and myth you must learn to interpret these event are metaphorical. The death and resurrection {motif} of Jesus is what must happen to the individual, psychologically. It is the death of the ego centered, material life and a resurrection to a spiritual condition that is exampled by Jesus and the Buddha. To take a metaphorical reference as literal is a mis-interpretation of the symbol.

There is a saying, 'he who knows doesn't know. He who doesn't know knows'. If you think you know, you don't. That is the single category that reveals you don't know.

I don't mean to imply you are not telling the truth. But at 24 you still have many years of wisdom to be learned before you can even think about such things.
Wisdom is experience and it takes experience to not only 'know' but to understand and comprehend. We all have access to 'hidden knowledge' because it is common knowledge because it is 'naturally' provided {nature intended it}. Accessing the knowledge requires wisdom and discipline. Revisit your thoughts and comments from today 24 years from now and then gauge how much you really knew.

Jerry

Philip,
After reading your dream again and knowing a little more about your spiritual journey from your response I would ask for more info about specifics to what type spiritual path you are taking. I believe the dream as to do with that but also to d with conflicts also. A question that comes to the forefront is how it affects your relationship with your parents. That could be important. If you will provide more info about your spiritual journey I may be better able to provide an analysis. Normally I don't ask for more info but I sense there are deep issues to do with your spiritual path that are important to the dream as well as your life.

Jerry [meditate[pray]

Well my relationship with my mother was strong, when she was alive we had a powerful emotional bond because for the younger part of my life she was who I looked up to. She was very unique and took an interest in not just god and spirituality, but tarot and witchcraft. I attended a ritual she did when I was thirteen. My brother had a friend who came to the house too much and she got a picture of him, along with a strand of bound sage and twigs. She chanted a spell after lighting the twigs on fire. Lit the sage and offered a prayer to outside forces. then lightly waved the sage softly around. Then threw the picture into the fire. For a solid week every time my brothers friend was getting ready to come over, he got sick and stayed at home. He contacted my brother three times telling him of these strange events. He stated that it "Was like a moment of food poisoning because I'd feel better after about an hour."

By the way I apologize for sounding a bit egotistical in my last post and I'll get to the other two experiences in a moment. I was only trying to explain the events happening to me and seeking guidance. I regarded my mother as a sage for the better portion of my youth. If I had a question, she had an answer. She passed away January 28th of last year. I've had some pretty interesting things happen since her passing and it has been very difficult for me. One more thing before you get the wrong idea about my mother she wasn't a satanist or devil worship by no means. She believed in god and the teaching of the bible. But was more open minded about the spiritual aspect of things, never afraid to try something new and I'm thankful for getting those genes from her. Now the other experience were fore-tellings not of myself but of other people around me. A young man Joshua Kolb was a co worker of mine a year ago and I used to go to his house and party. I dreamed of myself as a field of vision looking at a small set of steps leading to a white door on a brick house. Four swat members stood in wait at the door, then hammered the door in and they moved. I heard "Freeze nobody move this is a drug bust!" At the time he and I were pot smokers. A week later he came into work looking kind of rough. On our smoke break we talked about what was wrong. He told me that his house was turned upside down by the law. "There were four of them correct?" I asked him and he gave me a look of astonishment. The only thing off was that the law were detectives instead of swat members.

The other experience was in fact a foretelling of my own future I made an error in my last post. I had a dream again as a field of vision. I was in a backyard at someones house and it was about 7:30 at night. Aside from the evening darkness my vision was blackened by something else. I sat with another co worker named John Walters and I held in my hand an Ice House beer unopened and talked with him while sitting at a small fold out metal table. He asked me why I was there so early and I explained to him that I was let go early so I could get there. I woke up out of the dream confused. Three days later I got invited to my G.M's party later that weekend and On Saturday April 27, 2013 at 6:30 I got off work early because of the party. I went home and got ready for the party. I showered and threw on my best clothes and as I was about to head out the door I said to myself while putting on the new pair of shades I purchased from a gas station "Well, time for enlightenment." smiling to myself at the joke I made. We arrived at the party at around 7 and we went to the backyard. A large wooden porch led to a small dirt pathway surrounded by pine straw. The path went through a small patch of pine trees then broke to open land some ten feet from a swimming pool. Well a short distance to the right from the trees was small metal table which at this moment was holding hot dogs and hamburgers. Twenty minutes passed and alot more people showed up. John Walters walked up to me and handed me a beer. An ice house. We sat down at the small metal table and I was still wearing my shades. "Wow you got here early I thought you were working until eight tonight." I explained the situation to him and then it hit me. I sat there for a solid couple of minutes completely taken away. The strange darkness over my vision was even explained. Needless to say I partied hard that night celebrating my so-called "Enlightenment" lol Strange huh??

As for the specifics on what spiritual path I'm taking I can't really answer that. I will say that I have practiced meditation with the sounds of the seven chakras now there was something interesting that came from this. Every night when I came home from work for two months I would turn off the lights, sit down on the floor and put some really nice headphones I got for christmas from friend of mine, and listen to the sounds of the chakras for about an hour. After the meditation I would feel groggy and worn out. I went to sleep and almost every night for a month I dreamt and recorded them. I stopped doing it stupidly and should start back. I seemed to stray off subject now my father was a different story. He was in and out of the picture alot when I was growing up but at about fourteen the problems went away and things got better. I've never had any bad blood toward my father but I will admit he has been a better friend than a father figure. I shall apologize once more for the insurmountable amount of text you have to read and hope to hear from you soon.

Philip

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes just started yesterday

stats from 7-14-10 to the present