Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Friend takes the fall for me

Thank you for that. I will certainly take it as a learning experience.

I had different intentions when I met him. I felt no attraction and thought we would just be friends but as I spent more time with him I wanted more. I just got out of a long term relationship and didn't want to get involved with anyone and he was in the same boat, but things did not happen the way we expected.

I was honest with him throughout and we laid our ground rules early on. When I ended the relationship, it was because I started to feel more than just a physical attraction to him and I know that that was not something I was ready for. I was polite and I made sure that I told him my decision in person. Also, one of our ground rules was that if one of us began to feel more for the other than a physical attraction then we would be honest about it and end the relationship. I did exactly that. I was honest about it but I got the sense that he wasn't at ease with the decision. He mentioned that he would have preferred if we remained friends, but I felt that right now a friendship would be complicated. He also mentioned that he felt used, which doesn't make sense to me because I thought we both got what we wanted out of this experience. If he had any other intentions either he did not mention them outright or I did not take them seriously. Looking back, he did mention in the beginning that he would like to explore the option of us once I felt I was ready but I thought he mentioned that as an excuse to keep me around. He then went on to mention that he felt indifferent about the decision....It seems like a lot of mixed messages and a complex situation that I would rather not get into. But I do admit that I feel bad if I did hurt him, as that wasn't my intention.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 25, Aberdeen,Scotland

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Friend takes the fall for me

Anon7,
Being in the back seat probably represents your becoming more than physically attracted, that putting you in an inferior position. In the first dream 'being caught' may apply to his reaction to your decision that it would be best to end the relationship and a discovery he wasn't as honest in how you agreed to approach the relationship. In the end his reactions and his confusing signals probably supports the dream message 'he was caught not being as honest as he should have been'. These are unconscious manifestations as much as conscious but they represent how you really felt. Your being hard on him was a feeling you had after ending the relationship and that caused some guilt feelings on your part even though 'you didn't mean to hurt him'. But there was also the fact you did become uncomfortable because of how you were beginning to feel about the relationship, that being opposite {at least on the surface} of how he felt {continuing the FWB}. That would be 'the Good morning attitude' I mentioned.

Dreams speak in a language of symbol and metaphor and when there is sufficient knowledge about the dreamer an interpreter would be able to pinpoint the message. Just knowing your age and gender {both vital in interpreting any dream} limits the ability to see beyond the periphery of the dream. What the dream is doing is providing how you really feel/felt about the relationship. His indifference to your decision should be seen as a message of doubt. FWB is difficult to navigate and if there is not total honesty by both parties it lessens any viable possibility of working. You were honest with him about your feelings and what you got was 'indifference'. That should be a strong signal that ending the relationship was not only the right thing to do because of your becoming 'too interested' but also because of his attitude.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

stats from 7-14-10 to the present