Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Butterflies mean death?

Wow Jerry thank you!

It's nice to have someone look at my dream and see what I may be missing. As for your insight to my dream I think you are dead on! I've been freaking out about getting older and what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. My husband and I have both been talking about going back to school and the things we want to have when we are older and our kids are grown. We also just celebrated our first year of marriage and I feel like I'm really a grown up now. A husband and the two kids he has from his first marriage who we have been raising without help from their birth mom for three years. I felt like the wild and crazy part of me is gone now. I really have changed a lot and I've been feeling it a lot lately.

Thank you for taking the time to interpret my dream!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 Colorado United States

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Butterflies mean death?

Carling Ella,
I appreciate your response. It provides insights to how patterns in dreams will expose themselves in common language as well as symbolic references.

Some dreams speak loud and clear and there can be a good chance of being able to analyze them beyond just the periphery. Yours was one of those. What gave me the impression it was to do about age was the several instances where the word 'pattern' was mentioned. Dreams are messengers of emotional patterns that align with the dreamer's personality and psyche. Being your birthday {and the fact it was on your mind when you posted the dream} gave me credible evidence age and getting older were the 'pattern' this dream was addressing. The butterfly image is a common symbol of transformation and my experience led me to sense your dream death pretty much identified itself {butterflies mean someone is going to die}. When you read the dream the only image that was not symbolic was your husband. That said to me there was likely a real discussion with him about this issue. The other images are pretty much common 'self' symbols of you {the apt building and the 'some girl'}. Anytime there is a unnamed/unknown person in a dream it represents some aspect of the dreamer. Houses, cars, buildings are common symbols for the dreamer also. And of course so is the butterflies. Start with a birthday, add the butterflies {a transformation}, with dying {death to an old aspect/transforming}, along with the tattoo {inherent imprinted behavioral tendencies}, to the conversation with your husband and you come up with an emotional conflict that has been discussed and remains unresolved within your mind {dreams are all about emotional conflicts and their intent is to inform the dreamer of these conflicts so there can be a resolution-nature's therapeutic mechanism just as with the immune system is for the body}.

The maturity part seemed logical because you were giving thought to this issue at 26. This for me implied wisdom even though its exact application was not possible to read {a year of marriage and the experience with the two children}. Because there is an unnamed person who was to going to die and we take that unnamed person to be you then it would represent some aspect about you will die {transformation from one stage of life to another-midlife}. Tattoos are imprinted into the 'skin' which pointed to an 'imprinted' aspect, which would point to inherent aspects and the archetypes {the stages of life are governed by inherent energies we are born with}. The pattern became clear with all that was in the dream and pointed to an issue of age and wisdom.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

stats from 7-14-10 to the present