Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dream #3 Tunnels

Philip,
Is the bible the only spiritual books you have studied? I am trying to understand the images in your dreams and their possible spiritual metaphorical references. Especially the 'engraved images', stars and smaller symbols. This may provide clues to your state of mind which would reveal motivations to your personality/psyche. If your spiritual philosophy is purely Christian knowing that will help.

As for this dream I get the impression there are set principles involved {principles you live by} that may limit your 'view'. The tunnel would be exploring the inner self and the colors the same {burgundy is a dark red which would symbolize deep passion-a passion for your ideas}. The two holes would represent conflict and going through the right whole would be following a path provided by others {the left hand path is the path of the hero/individual mind}. Your are looking for spiritual wholeness [square room}. Unconsciously {water} the limited resources control your whole being. What you discover is the 'engraved' symbols of the mind which is the true center of the Self.
Note: With the many tunnel there may be a warning of 'tunnel vision'.

The circle is a symbol of wholeness and the 6 sided star could represent the 'Star of David' for which you may be dedicated to. But it is also a hexagram which would be opposite {see the dream language 'Opposite me'} of your fixed spiritual concepts. There are literally 'hundreds' of other spiritual possibilities {as well as personal applications related to inner conflicts} that would 'illuminate' your being {if accessed}.

To be honest Philip, with all you have provided about yourself and spiritual path and your abilities to have dreams that foretell the future, I sense an element of too great of 'self' in your life that may be leading you astray. Do you or have you experienced periods of depression {which would also be symbolic of the tunnels in this dream}. Believing you have found the true path to God is what I have experienced to be a misleading idea {especially at your young age}. In this dream you choice the right tunnel which would indicate following someone else's path. These dreams are both trying to reconcile your true spiritual self with your waking ego life as well as attempting to point you in a direction of the true Self. This is why I ask for your spiritual education so I can determine what influences there are. again I leave you with the proverb
'He who knows doesn't know.'

Take that to heart in your believe system of 'knowing'.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

Well I was brought up Catholic and yes I have been a depressed person for a greater part of my life. All through school but when I turned eighteen I became the "Happiest man on earth" Gettin my two jobs, my own place and walking to work. Being completely self sufficient made me feel like I was on top of the world. But I lost it all and I'm going through a tough time in my life but I think of it as just a speed bump to knock me off my high horse. I will stand again. Enough on that I want to know what you meant by "I sense an element of too great of 'self' in your life that may be leading you astray" Do you get the impression that I'm too full of myself{Ego}? If this is the case I'm afraid your incorrect, I'm just happy to dream like I do. I'm not pretty to look at, I'm not very smart and I'm not strong so this is kind of the thing that makes me....me

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes just started yesterday

Philip,
What I am sensing is more than just being full of yourself. I am trying to understand the metaphysical imagery I am seeing in your dreams. The engraved images either suggest knowledge {study} of religious philosophies other than Christianity, an inner awareness beyond the norm {to do with an awareness usually associated with mental capacities} or you are too full of the 'holy Spirit' and need to not be so self absorbed in it. Your Catholic upbringing can explain some of the imagery since Catholicism is full of symbolic images {including pagan}. Your depression could contribute to a 'too religious' life and your psyche is using images to move you back to a 'centered self'. It could also be associated with the imagery since the normal function of the brain has been skewed {similar to the mental capacity issue}. The strange voice/friend in your most recent post may be more psychologically associated with 'voices' more so than normal. There would be a need for a lot more information about your personal life to sort through all this. Unfortunately I am not able to go beyond interpreting your dreams and you will need other assistance {psychologist/therapist} to go deeper into these issues. I am not a psychologist.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

stats from 7-14-10 to the present