Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Devouring Mother

Warren,
We are all born with the archetypal energies but how they influence an individual depends on that person. At the age of 4/5 it is unlikely there was a direct link between your dream images and the unconscious archetypal energies. There is always the possibility these energies are pointing to future personality characteristics or possible emotional conflicts {mother turning into a monster depicting future problems with feminine relationships when you get older} but that is unlikely. Usually such conflicts stem from actual experiences in life {as a young child} and since you had a great mother and there were no conflicts that would make your mother a monster {that you know of} that makes it even less likely. But there is always the possibility. Do you have a problem in your relationship with women? Do you feel women can be 'devouring' and as such having a relationship and the fear {albeit unconscious} the woman being a mother would cause emotional conflicts for you? That is where an archetypal image would point to future characteristic traits. You would instinctively know early in life {unconscious of course} something already within you {a personality trait} that will not develop until later life {and it could be a propensity to possess this trait but it does not play out}.

Most likely the dream is a common 'silly' dream of a 4/5 year old and nothing more. Watching a movie or reading a story about monsters and mothers could have been the stimulus for the images in the ream but unless your mother had been a 'monster' in her some of actions toward you then it would not be directly relate to your mother as a devouring mother. Unless of course you feel she is a great mother despite her 'devouring' attitude, if indeed she possesses those traits. Look at who you bare at age 36 and see if there are any associations to a devouring mother. If so then, yes, the dream could have been 'predicting' the future {actually not since dreams don't normally predict but instead compensate what you already know, consciously and/or unconsciously}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

Thanks again Jerry,

No, I don't have a problem in my relationship with women and my mother was a great mother. I guess not all dreams need to make sense logically, they are just neural discharges sent up from the brain steam.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36-Canada/Ontario

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Warrne,
I'll provide a more detailed response this weekend but I wanted to respond to your statement, "they are just neural discharges sent up from the brain steam". That is the furthest from the truth. All dreams have a purpose even when it is from a 4-5 year old child. I'll explain when I give my detailed response.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa/Space Coast, Fla.

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

Warren,
Let me direct you to a dream post by Pat that should answer your questions about childhood dreams. another devouring mother dream from childhood

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present