Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
male psychiatrist dressed as a woman

Good morning Jerry,
I recently had a very unusual dream. It was night time and I was standing atop a
balcony staring down at a group of people, then I recognized one of those people to be my male psychiatrist, dressed in full woman's clothing, with full make-up and big blonde long curly haired wig. I recall feeling totally surprised and was in two minds as to whether or not call out from the balcony to say hello (which may have caused him much embarrassment, or to pretend I saw nothing. Then he looked up to the balcony, we exchanged glances and I waved hello.When I woke up, I felt completely lost and confused about our Dr/Patient relationship. Whilst being a kind and gentle man, I have always viewed him in the masculine sense. I did find out that his wife had recently committed suicide, this news really threw me, and changed my view of him. Where he was a man that I once placed on a pedestal, I began to see him as human like all of us, with failings, successes and a myriad of feelings, not perfect and strong like I had imagined.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45 years, Sydney, NSW, Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: male psychiatrist dressed as a woman

Joanna,
My sense is your conflict as how to view your psychiatrist after learning of his wife's suicide is part of the reason for the dream. But it also is probably addressing how you feel about yourself because of this conflict involving him. The male psychiatrist dressed in full woman's clothing is you analyzing yourself. You are analyzing the causes of an emotional conflict within you {change of thinking based on experiences shared with his wife-the subject of suicide?}. My suggestion is to discuss this with your psychiatrist. You may be sensing something about him that is real but there could be a good explanation to why his wife committed suicide and you should continue your therapy. Confusing your own inner conflict with masculine aspects may be clouding your view of him. Discuss this dream with him {whether or not if he uses dreams as part of your therapy}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: male psychiatrist dressed as a woman

Hi Jerry, much food for thought there. As uncomfortable as it was for both of us, we did discuss his wife's suicide. As you have explained, my feelings about him are now confused, my psychiatrist even mentioned that I must be wondering why he couldn't save her. Yes that is true. I had idolized him, placing him on a pedestal, the strong broad shouldered older man that I could rely on and trust in my darkest moments is only human. I am lost. Thank you for the spot on interpretation. Good day.
Joanna.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45 years, Sydney, NSW, Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present