Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Oxytocin {the Moral Molecule} and Jung's Concept of a Spiritual Aspect

An important aspect of Jungian theory is the spiritual concept of the psyche. In his work with patients Jung saw a spiritual connection to resolving emotional issues and achieving wholeness. Beyond the psychological research that is Jungian theory what else is there that would support his concept of a spiritual aspect within the human psyche? I find support for this spiritual aspect comes from all places Paul Zak and neuroeconomics {explaining human decision making}. Paul Zak is an expert on oxytocin, or what he calls the 'moral molecule'. Could a single molecule—one chemical substance—lie at the very center of our moral lives? And could that molecule be responsible for the spiritual concept Jung found in his research? Read {or watch the video} about Zak's theory and research and decide for yourself Trust, morality — and oxytocin?.

Another supportive piece is from Marc Hauser {Harvard psychologist and evolutionary biologist} and his book 'Moral Minds'. Hauser argues that humans are born hardwired to do the right thing, born with an innate moral grammar that drives our judgments of right and wrong. Is this 'hardwiring' the same instinctive pattern Jung discovered in his research? You can listen to Hauser discuss his book in this NPR audio interview

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present