Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dreaming of two black roses

Hello,

I have been reading a lot about spirituality during the past month. Also, I am into astrology and through my birth chart I have been feeling that my life span is short Aries 8H and Virgo rising. On the science of card I am a 9 of spades which represents sudden endings. My dream this morning was as I recall it. I with a camera in this garden of roses. There were multiple colours of roses. But I went to the only two black ones, I kept calling them 'karma' flowers. I was so captured by the beauty and peace those two roses that I tried to take a picture of just those two roses amidst the colourful spectrum of the other roses. And then I woke up. I read black roses could mean disappointment if not death, can anyone help me understand why I was feeling so peaceful and mesmerized?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 25, NZ Otago

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Dreaming of two black roses

VirgoRising,
Think of the dream as a flower arrangement of your whole self. Each flower/rose is an archetypal symbol of the soul with the petals forming 'psyche energies' that radiate outward. Here is a further breakdown of the symbols.

The multi-colored roses would symbolize the various aspects of your psyche. Although the color black can carry negative connotations it is more often associated {in Jungian psyche} with the unconscious. Karma is the law of cause and effect, the law of the natural world, including if not especially the unconscious. Taking a picture is what you do when dreaming. It is picture show of your true self.

My sense about your dream is it is focused on your inner search and was influenced by recent events {reading a lot about spirituality}. Jungian psyche is about 'looking inward', psychologically, and discovering the true self. The two black roses is your deep unconscious {the place you visit every night during dream time/REM sleep}. The unconscious world is governed by the laws of cause and effect, no matter the belief system. This inner search not only involves discovering your spiritual aspects {which are based as is everything else in the natural world} but also an examination of who you are and why you are that person. That requires either therapy sessions with a trained psychologist or a self psychology {Individuation Process}, examining your whole life and discovering on your own the roots/foundations to who you are and why you have evolved into that person. Your mystical side {astrology/tarot} is a positive but you must go beyond the symbolic references they provide and look at the biological/psychological aspects {natural science}. We all possess and live by certain beliefs but we are human animals that possess the same natural traits. Go past the belief system and look 'your psychology' {especially the early years of childhood and adolescence}. I live by one simple rule when it comes to self discovery. 'The path to wholeness is a psychological journey'.

As for your interest in astrology and other 'mystical' paths {The Occult World of CG Jung}. Jung delved into these aspects during his last years and found they do have meaning. But like all aspects to the inner life it is the symbolic references that provide 'clues' to your meaning in life. That is ultimately what we all are looking for, meaning in life. There is no real meaning 'of life'. you must find your own meaning and purpose in life so you can live a life of wholeness. And that includes the spiritual aspects, not religious, but the spirit that resides within all of nature.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present