Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need Help with Dream about Love & School!

I apologize in advance if the text is too long, but I'll try to be as succinct as possible.
Premise- This dream took place last night. The following points are true, both in the dream and real life
I am in the middle of my IGCSE exams.
I have a prom coming up and I have to find a date.
My school is surrounded by sand(literally).

I don't explicitly remember the exact details of the dream, but what was poignant, I do remember.

It was the day of my 2nd Physics exam. I was sitting outside the exam hall with my friends. Very soon, the subject of prom came forward. I don't remember what was said, but all I remember was that the girl I plan on asking to prom in real life said, "I don't want to date you, but I would like to go to prom with you", which was quite blunt. From there on, I somehow ended up playing football in the school which we went for our athletics meet every year. My school never won once. Our match was cut short when the ball got kicked outside and some people came and took control of the pitch. After that I found myself back outside the exam hall, but something was different this time.

There was a new girl sitting with us. Before I chance to say anything, our form teacher took us all in his SUV, through the desert like surroundings and into a sort of Star Wars like market(dreams are weird lol). It was there that this new girl approached me(also take note while I was in the market, my interactions with my other friends were almost non-existent). The first thing she said was something along the lines of, "I was being a little protective of you...". I later learned that her name was Lindsey and she was from Surrey, in England(I have no idea why). Once the market ride was over, ONLY the BOTH of us went to a building in my school, which was empty.

In the market, it became clear that we liked each other. So in this building, I took here hand, and asked her something about love(I forgot exactly what). After she answered, we kissed-for quite a long time and with passion.

Exactly after, we both went in the exam hall and got ready for our Physics exams. I had trouble finding my allocated seat because one other kid was playing around with my seat card. ALSO, for some reason, the inside of my exam hall looked like the inside of a church! The chairs in which we sat were pews!

At first I thought that maybe Lindsey was an imaginative character from the world of my dream, but as we entered the exam hall, the teacher called all of our names out, including her's.

I'm 16 and had never been in a relationship. I know this dream is all over the place, but I would appreciate it if someone could help me decipher it!

Thanks!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16, UAE

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Need Help with Dream about Love & School!

gw3gon,
The dream is surely reflecting the upcoming exams and prom but the deeper aspects are likely the primary focus. The exam hall is pointing to the inner examination of your psyche. There are issues to do with the feminine, one being the actual relationship with girls. The other would be your inner feminine aspects.This dialog suggest there are aspects about your personality {to do with anima qualities} that you wish to build upon {date} and others you need only temporarily {go to the prom}. These would be emotional aspects, perhaps reflecting a need to improve yourself when it comes to girls but being less emotional when things to do not work out {with girls}. There are competing emotions {playing football} and thus far you have yet to win when it comes to the game of 'girls' {which at your age is a norm}.

But this is something different. Is this your first prom? Having to find a date for the prom {an important first event in a teen's life} , someone who will accept you is something new to you. You probably are having concerns about finding a date. The examination is both an inner examination of your emotions as well as peer pressure and the examination you will have to endure associated with dating {finding a date}. At your age these are fairly new emotions and they are competing with other interests in your life {video games, guys stuff}. This is where the trouble finding your seat. Soon you will have to 'embrace' these emotions {about girls}. Much like church you are required to do so since it is a part of male regimentation {unless of course the person is gay}.

As for the name Lindsey, there are likely personal associations to the name. You may have heard it earlier and it stuck in your mind. The teacher in your dream would be a teaching part within you {experiencing the relationship with girls and the emotions that go with it}. The dream is addressing the issues of girls as well as the emotional issues that come about because of relationships with them {our emotional aspects are considered as feminine aspects}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you for the prompt reply.
This is my first prom and for all these years, I have put aside girls and dating on a whole, away from my list of priorities. You're probably right about the feminine side of me trying to show. All these years I've thought of myself foolishly as a tough guy who doesn't care about girls while suppressing the hidden feelings I have about them. Do you think that has a role in my dream?

gw3gon,
The 'tough guy' image fits perfectly. Not only with the list of priorites {girls low on the list} but also as an aspect of your psyche. Nature intended us to have a balanced psyche, being able to be strong yet not being afraid to show emotions. If your psyche is overloaded more toward the masculine then there is a conflict with the feminine. This fits with the dream in both aspects {dreams always have at least two meanings/applications}. Nature is calling {interest in girls} and that has led you to reaccess teh conflict between masculine/feminine on the conscious life. And because nature insists on a balanced psyche the out of balance masculine attitude of the tough guy is a focus of your dream also. Bringing balance to the psyche on a conscious level as well as an unconscious one is what dreams are about. It is the unconscious frame of mind that usually leds to teh conscious attitude. Look to balance both but do not completely abandon your list of priorities. That is an important list that will be valuable in your future {most people live spontaneously, without priorities}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Ok, I understand now. Thank you for your help!

stats from 7-14-10 to the present