Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Mother pregnant with twins

May,
A short dream with what would seem to be direct reference about your mother. But it is not that easy to interpret {especially since it is so short and lacks further details}. Let's analyze the possibilities.

First let's remember your dreams are about your emotions. Your mother being in the dream would either have associations to her but would be in relationship to your emotions. Or she {mother} could be purely symbolic. The mother image may be a reference to some aspect of your psyche and have little to do with your real mother. From the MDS Dream Dictionary: which is a good starting point in understanding the possibilities of a dream image}.

May be telling you something about your relationship with your mother. Mother may symbolize the unconscious, especially the spiritual aspect (goddess). See Father-Mother in dream motifs for more info.

If the dream involves the relationship with your mother then the next symbol to interpret is the pregnancy. Because we know she {your mother} can not conceive a child then that image would be symbolic. Pregnancy is 'giving life to something new'. Again from the MDS Dream Dictionary:

Pregnancy in a dream can symbolize something new that is coming into your life, and not always a new born baby. It may symbolize a new direction you are about to take, or wish to take. If you want to be physically pregnant, this may be a message of that desire you have in life.

The final symbol is the twins. Twins can represent dualities or opposites {one vs the second}. If so that could mean that you are either in harmony with or in conflict between ideas and decisions with your mother. Twins also have much in common so that could be something to consider.

If the dream is pointing to some aspect of the relationship with your mother the possibilities of that include:
Something new {emotionally} has arisen that is a conflict with your mother. There may be two distinct aspects that are that is causing a conflict. In the dream your mother has yet to give birth, she is still pregnant.
Is there a conflict that is developing between you and your mother? She is pregnant which may suggest her actions are causing or may cause an emotional conflict for you.

The other possibility {and it could be both} is the mother image has less to do with your actual mother and everything to do with you. You could be the mother, a reference to your spiritual mother, the highest order of your psyche. That could fit with the dream language 'my mother'. In this context the pregnancy would be within you and the twins would represent two new aspects that are being born. Even in this analysis {if applicable} the dream may be referencing your actual mother. The twins may be something you have in common with her.As I have stated many times in my analysis of dreams, all dreams, and all dream images, have at least two meanings/applications. One symbol in the dream may have a 'primary' reference to one emotional aspect whereas another may reference more than one as a primary reference.

These are some of the possibilities. Look to see if anyone of them fit into your life. That would be the final verification of an 'emotional event' the dream is attempting to communicate.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Jerry

Thank you for being so thorough in exploring all possibilities.

This is the sentence that resonated with me:

"
Pregnancy in a dream can symbolize something new that is coming into your life, and not always a new born baby. It may symbolize a new direction you are about to take, or wish to take. If you want to be physically pregnant, this may be a message of that desire you have in life."

Both of those statements apply. In my psychic life I am taking a new direction. I've made the decision to change careers. Although I made the decision last year I have not been able to start implementing it until now. The dream is a positive omen for my future. The second statement rings true too. I'm currently single but I believe as I move into my destined vocational calling I will align myself with my destiny in a relationship and still be able to start a family one day. Being 43 this is relevant.

On another level the dream is reassuring me that my mom is ok and that her spiritual life is also bearing fruit. As is my 'higher self'.

Thank you again

May

May,
If it fits, its is true. The important thing to understand about dream interpretation/analysis is there is only so much that can be determined from a dream/image. I can point to possibilities {with good accuracy} but determining how it fits is left to the dreamer. Normally I only know the age and gender of the dreamer and nothing personal. With so little information it is the personal stuff that can not be detailed in an analysis {most often}. But usually the dreamer can take what I point to and see the relationship to what is happening in their life. Dreams reflect not only what is occurring in the dreamer's life {emotions at the time of the dream} but also the truth of what that is. Whereas the ego has a biased perception and subjective of what the time is about, our dreams are completely objective and truthful. Other dreams will have a lot of the same message and will do so until there is a resolution of the negative aspects in the dreamer's life or a confirmation/realization of the positive. As for the positive often we have so many negatives in life we don't realize the positives. Most dreams deal with the negatives since the function of dreams is to resolve emotional conflicts. But when the dreamer is on the right track then the dream will reflect that. This is to re-inforce nature's intent on being whole and accepting your true self {and not letting the ego centered self have its way}.
The dream seems to point to the positives. Nothing states the truth than does our dreams.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you Jerry. Yes, the positive message is very uplifting and healing.
May

stats from 7-14-10 to the present