Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Visitation dream

I had never heard of a visitation dream before until I started researching some after the dream I had last night. My current boyfriend's ex girlfriend passed away 5 years ago. He told me that she is the only other girl he has ever loved. In the beginning of our relationship I always used to wonder if he was ever going to be able to move forward with me because of this. I have no doubts about relationship anymore, but sometimes I find myself wondering what she was like, and what their relationship was like. I never met her. I have however seen a picture of her. It was an early high school photo. She looked young it, but I never saw any more recent photos. Last night in my dream I was on a beach talking to her. She looked different...more grown up. But I knew it was her. She looked beautiful, and happy, and healthy. She came to me and thanked me for making my boyfriend happy. She told me reassuring things about him, and told me that he would always take care of me. She told me we were meant to be together. It was as if she was giving us her blessing. (we've recently started talking about marriage). It was the most vivid dream. I woke up feeling such strong emotions that I was crying. I was so comforted.. so happy.. and so grateful. Does anyone have any insight on this? Similar experiences? I'm completely new to this, but it was so incredible and overwhelming.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 25 washington/usa

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Visitation dream

newtothis,
Welcome to the world of dreams. If you have not already I suggest you read my page A Simple Guide to Dreams. It will help you understand how dreams function as well as other aspects that have to do with dreams and sleep.

The visitation is not from the ghost of your bf's late gf but from your own psyche. At least not in the form of a real ghost. But despite that it is as good as a real visitation, one that is helping you resolve emotional conflicts do with your questions about her and more specifically about the relationship with your bf. The conversation is with yourself. She represents the positive aspects you have toward the relationship with your bf. Everything she says is what you are telling yourself. In the info you provided with the dream you stated there were questions about the relationship. Dreams reflect what we really feel and as you stated in the info you are no longer have doubts about the relationship moving forward.
The beach in a dream is usually symbolic of connecting the unconscious with the conscious {deep water represents the unconscious}. The dream is illustrating your true objective self }grown up}. This beginning of the dream sets the stage of what the dream is trying to communicate.
Look at it this way. Dreams are nature's device to help us resolve emotional conflicts {dreams primary function}. They are also objective and truthful {as opposed to the conscious ego which has perceptions that may be biased and wrong}. You had a conflict as to whether the relationship could progress and move forward. Although you feel it would the dream is reflecting the truth about where it can or not. Likely there is something recently that has convinced you of this truth {dreams reflect our true emotional condition at the time of the dream}. Either something occurred that was convincing or you finally came to this conclusion. I get the impression the relationship is one of 'working' the make the relationship work which is what needs to be done {sacrificing to the relationship and not just to each other}. It is a very positive dream which is opposite of what most dreams contain.

As for why his late gf was used as a messenger. One is you probably identify with her in many ways. If not personally then because of aspects you share with your bf. She is not a threat because the 'picture' you have of her is a positive one. And that also pertains to the relationship she had with your bf. You identify with those positives. In many ways she is you {those things you share including your bf}. I dare say there may have been questions as to whether he could move on from the past relationship but there probably it never a threat {your intuitive self would know this}. When you think of her picture you can see things about her that fit you.

A final comment. I do want to stress the dream is not about ghosts. Dreams are objective, they deal with psychology. Ghosts are not real {although there may be energies left from someone who has died-something we have yet to prove or understand if true}. What is real is the natural world and part of that is the dream as a functionary process like any other natural resource {natural being those things within nature}. Psychology is a science and science is a body of knowledge that can be proven. Jungian psyche {Carl Jung} has provided us with concepts about dreams that are based on evidence. Having worked with dreams for 22 years and having a body of work at the Dream Forum state supports my conclusions, I can say with confidence your dream is about the 'inner ghosts' you may have had about the relationship with your bf and not a literal ghost visiting you. Take the dream as a positive sign the relationship is on the right track. You are doing the right things {as 'she' states in the dream} which in itself is a metaphorical reference {dreams speak in a language of symbol and metaphor} to actual conscious life experiences. Your bf's late gf is you and you know deep within there are no doubts about the relationship {whereas often there is conscious idea it is good but deep inside there may be a different truth it isn't}. Keep on what you are doing and as long as your bf does the same it should be a long lasting, great relationship.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present