Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Flowers in a wheat field

I had this dream fragment recently as part of other dreams I posted here but only remembered til now:

Its my parent's back yard. But it is a field of wheat (or else weeds, I don't recall). In the back are wildroses and tulips. They are pink.

That was the dream. Growing up we did have wild roses but there were bigger, lusher and their height and precence was notable.

Mr. Google says these types of flowers mean I will be married in a year. Since I am single this is a happy interpretation :)

Thank you

May

Re: Flowers in a wheat field

May,
When you have a prediction of what a symbol means unfortunately it is a bad interpretation of the symbol. If you have a dream where you find gold and look to a dream dictionary and it states the meaning is you will find success in your business life, throw the dictionary away. Dreams seldom predict, they compensate what you already know {albeit unconscious}. If you know as a matter of 'fact' you are going to get married next year, then yes, the dream is addressing that. But if you have no possible way of knowing, then how can the dream know? Knowing you are getting married in a year would be compensating that knowledge in the dream. Predicting what can not be known is not something dreams do as a SOP. It can happen but seldom does. Especially on an issue as you getting married just because you are single.
But, let's hope it does happen if that is what you really want {and if it is what you want then it is compensating a desire which dreams will do}.

As for the dream. Let's look at it this way.
The flowers in your childhood back yard {unconscious stimuli} were real but not with the beautiful growth you are experiencing in life today. There were weeds that needed to be pulled up. In your conscious life, the weeds have to do with your parents strict rules {especially your mother}. You had the potential as a child {pink roses and tulips} but there were the weeds also.

If it is wheat instead of weeds then there are 'grains' for future growth. The potential is there but like the flowers they need to blossom/grow.

Interestingly the possible meaning of a red rose is:
A red rose signifies passion, femininity, love, and romance.

Google takes the romance aspect it past the compensation possibilities and makes it real. Dreams, other than a person who is very close relationship/loved one, are symbolic. To take a symbol and give it a literal meaning, that doesn't fit. A desire yes. A reality, how can we know?

Wait a year and when you do get married you can throw egg in my face. Or not.

Jerry

Do not feel obligated to contribute. This is strictly voluntary and does not affect your ability to post your dreams for analysis....Jerry

A Message From Jerry

Learn More About

NO KILL Shelters

No Kill Advocacy Center

Please Contribute
{Any Amount You Can Give}

My Dream Analysis/Interpretations Are A
FREE SERVICE

If you wish to show your appreciation please contribute to my
Feral Cat Rescue Fund

Click Here For More Information

Visit My Site

Brevard County Advocacy for Animals

Help Me
Spay & Neuter

Feed & Care

MY

Neighborhood
Felines

Click Here For More Information or to Make a Contribution

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Jerry

I think it is compensating- as I am single at the moment but would like to meet someone special.

I promise I won't throw eggs, but if I do get married I'll send you an invitation :)

Thank you

May

May,
I am a three time loser so eggs in my face would be appropriate. Three wonderful women in my life yet I could not stay the course. After all the self analysis I now understand the motivations for running away. I was imitating my father, those early life imprinting. Plus looking for love and acceptance I never received as child. Some people will say that is an excuse but I know better. Too many dreams analyzed from people who have/had the same issues. There are to be a recognition and acknowledgement of the inner issues and then the slow process of working through them. That requires a lot of patience and discipline. Most people don\'t have the discipline.

The good news for me is I did work through my inner demons. Although it has been 20 years since my last marriage and 15 years since a relationship I am most comfortable being single. I don\'t think I would want to change that. My dream work and websites are my \'mistresses\' and along with my involvement with feral cats {and the 5 I have personally} my work sheet is full. I have realized my creative self, I do my very best to live out of the spiritual self, and understand those two things are key to realizing my true self {the Self}. It is possible to resolve these inner issues and in working with others people\'s dreams I hope to give back what i have learned. This all falls within the perimeters of Jung\'s Individuation Process {a union of opposites} as well as Campbell\'s Hero Journey. These are patterns of actions that must be taken in order to achieve a resolution of the emotional issues that control the waking life. Again it takes discipline, a lot of discipline.

But once you begin to see the results it really becomes easy to follow. Campbell stated it takes a good ten years. But when these issues to do with the inner journey capture you, you can\'t let go and with discipline you will reach that place where life takes on meaning as well as a sense of security within yourself. This self security replaces what was not given as a child. Those childhood issues are the primary force that unconsciously controls most people\'s life.

Jerry

Do not feel obligated to contribute. This is strictly voluntary and does not affect your ability to post your dreams for analysis....Jerry

A Message From Jerry

Learn More About

NO KILL Shelters

No Kill Advocacy Center

Please Contribute
{Any Amount You Can Give}

My Dream Analysis/Interpretations Are A
FREE SERVICE

If you wish to show your appreciation please contribute to my
Feral Cat Rescue Fund

Click Here For More Information

Visit My Site

Brevard County Advocacy for Animals

Help Me
Spay & Neuter

Feed & Care

MY

Neighborhood
Felines

Click Here For More Information or to Make a Contribution

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present