Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Fire dream

Agsunshine,
I'll break the down by symbols since it does have two separate parts {snake/wigs and house on fire}. The snake and wig:

Let's take the wig{s} and give it a symbolic interpretation with the meaning being it represents a 'false impression' or negative attitude. If you look at the snake as a symbol that applies to a masculine aspects, or actual males , and then that fits with these false impressions then you may be able to find associations in your waking life that fit the dream. Take that and see if it fits somewhere.

A possible meaning of the snake may be hidden fears that you are not consciously aware of {and is ready to surface because of some recent stimulus}. You need to get rid {kill snake} of certain attitudes that cause these fears. You have attempted to do so before but it has 'crawled' into your subconscious and upsets you when thought about. There is one aspect about this attitude that is acceptable. It can cause a spark within you but consciously you put a stop to the possibility of it happening.

It could also seen as a phallic and represent forbidden sexuality. Do you have any false impressions or attitudes about the size of a phallic? Something has caused a 'spark' in your 'socket'. That could point to inner desires to do with sexuality {snake as a phallic/socket as a receptacle}. But that ended, at least in your conscious life {outside}. Perhaps your expectations have been dampened because of conscious false impressions but the spark on the inside remains.
The two above possibilities may fit together. All dreams/dream images have at least two meanings/applications, usually related to each other.

In a positive light the snake could represent a transformation, you may be going through important changes. The guy killed the snake suggesting either these impressions were ended by masculine quantities you possess or/and an actual male in your life. This is but one of the important changes in life {we all go through different types of transformations/changes throughout life}. Or it could be you have attempted this change before but something prevented you {killed} from achieving it. It may have been related to a real man or/and masculine qualities within you {a lack of or too much of}. A lot that had to do with this experience was from impressions you had about it. There was one particular aspect that you liked very much. It created an inner spark but consciously you put an end to it before it became a reality.

House on Fire
This is a very common motif {see House on Fire}. But with all symbols its meaning depends on the dreamer's life.

In your conscious life {outside} you need t open up to aspects associated with your sister or/and related issues to do the snake/wig. She may possess aspects/qualities/attitudes you identify with. Unconsciously you see things about here you relate to.

The house is something that has a relationship to you and the fire could represent enthusiasm, passion, awareness, change, or anger. This is happening within you. It is an unconscious negative aspect that could consume your whole being. It has a relationship to your sister. It has to do with masculine aspects {in your life} and possibly has associations to your sister's real fiancé {assuming she actually has one}. This particular aspect/attitude within you is powerful and needs to come down. You are concerned about your attitudes {false impressions/negative attitudes} about this aspect you share with your sister.

Summary
I'll let you put the pieces together to determine the message of the dream. Which fits within your life? I would look to your sister and things you may relate to and use what I have offered and determine what those are. I do believe it does have to do with certain attitudes you possess that you can look to your sister and relate to her experiences or attitudes. Let me know what you come up with and we can go from there.

Jerry

Do not feel obligated to contribute. This is strictly voluntary and does not affect your ability to post your dreams for analysis....Jerry

A Message From Jerry

Learn More About

NO KILL Shelters

No Kill Advocacy Center

Please Contribute
{Any Amount You Can Give}

My Dream Analysis/Interpretations Are A
FREE SERVICE

If you wish to show your appreciation please contribute to my
Feral Cat Rescue Fund

Click Here For More Information

Visit My Site

Brevard County Advocacy for Animals

Help Me
Spay & Neuter

Feed & Care

MY

Neighborhood
Felines

Click Here For More Information or to Make a Contribution

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

I am dating a guy that I have had a really hard time determining if he is the one or if he is just another guy w/ his own agenda. I have been praying to God to give me answer on this b/c i cant take anymore heartbreak. Due to my past relationships I do have certain attitudes & impressions when it comes to men. I have had a really hard time in this area & My worst life experiences have come from them. I have been through a lot when it comes to men. The guy that I'm dating seems to be a nice guy but I'm always suspicious of him & I accuse him of different things all the time. I try to stop but I have had a hard time doing this. He is a people person & he is always talking to women & his close friends are women & I feel like he is always trying to get w/ them. i feel like he flirts w/ them & it hurts me & upsets me. I have been having a really hard time w/ my emotions lately. I even feel deeply depressed at times .

I go to my sister & talk about my issues & she tells me I have to stop my behavior I have to learn to trust & she understands me & where I am coming from. I feel like I need counseling but I can't really afford this. I have had some things to happen that I never talk about that are affecting my relationships w/ men. I asked God to guide me to someone to talk to that I could trust my personal business w/. I guess my sister would b this person. She does give sound advice. She is my best friend. She does have a fiancé & he is a good man. I am so happy for her. She always said she never wanted to get married or have kids but she has both. Seeing her & her fiancé gives me hope but he is rare to me. He is patient & long suffering he is so kind. I hope to one day have a wonderful relationship & b married that is a dream of mine. I know some people dream of being rich & famous. I dream of being a wife & mother & this has been so hard for me.

I want a relationship w/ the guy I'm dating but Im so scared to trust him I feel like b/c he has these female friends he will talk about me to them or even stop talking to me for one that is prettier. I had. Dream about that but it wasn't my guy friend in the dream it was the same guy that was in this dream that I don't even know. I dreamed we were out of state & I went w/ him & he saw a prettier woman & he left me for her.

I am going through changes. I asked God to show me the things that I need to change about myself the things that would keep me from my blessing of being married & he is opening my eyes a little bit at a time something's r so hard for me to see that they r wrong b/c I feel so justified in feeling this way b/c what I have been through. Thank U so much for U taking the time to respond to my post.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Agsunshine,
Your response does indicate a real trust issue when it comes to men. Your past experiences are definitely one reason for this but what are the underlying reasons. Your distrust likely has roots in earlier life experiences/influences, unconscious forces that are the motivators for your mistrust. There also seems to be an element of not trusting yourself when it comes to relationships. That too may be from early life but may be due to past mistakes in choosing men for a relationship. It is not uncommon to unconscious prefer a particular type personality when choosing. I suggest you look at the type men you tend to choose {is an outgoing personality one reason?} and then look back to early life and see if there are any associations. What type person was your father {or other men instrumental in your early life}? Often a person unconsciously chooses a relationship based on typing either like that of their fathers or completely different from it. There would be established patterns a person who seek out in relationships not consciously knowing these people are either 'substitutes' for a father personality or the complete opposite personality. The problem extenuates itself because the choices made are all the same personality typing that is doomed to failure. In other words if your father never provided the proper love, affection and attention you needed as a child you may choose men like your father, they becoming substitute fathers. Unfortunately these unconscious drives make your choices of men who are like your father. Bad father bad relationship.

Look back to your childhood and see what the relationship with your father was like. If it was negative then I suggest you look deeper into those issues and find ways to resolve them {therapy}. If it does apply these unconscious motivators will continue to plague you and your dreams will reflect the inner conflict because of the early life experiences as well as the choices you make as an adult {dreams will address both issues using the same images}. As for asking God for help in this matter you must remember any higher authority you believe in may provide the tools necessary to combat the 'demons within' but it is left to you to do the leg work. Often there is a repression of the true self in such issues because the ego had rather give in to what the body/mind desires {the continued wrong choices in life} instead of facing up to the real issues and trying to resolve the emotional conflicts they cause.

Let me know what you find in your childhood search. Future dreams can help clarify the unconscious energies that are at work in your waking life. Matching the images and metaphors {dreams speak in a language of symbol and metaphor} in your dreams to your actual waking life is how we determine what the dream message is. All dreams are meaningful, hey have have something to say about your emotional life {dreams are about the emotions and resolving the conflicts with the emotions}.

Jerry

Do not feel obligated to contribute. This is strictly voluntary and does not affect your ability to post your dreams for analysis....Jerry

A Message From Jerry

Learn More About

NO KILL Shelters

No Kill Advocacy Center

Please Contribute

FREE SERVICE

Feral Cat Rescue Fund

Visit My Site

Help Me
Spay & Neuter

Feed & Care

MY

Neighborhood
Felines

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thank U so much again for your time. U r so right in your interpretations & observations. I do have trust issues. I just recently figured out that it stems from my childhood. I was molested as a child but I pushed this out of my mind. I never think about this until I prayed & asked God to help me & he begin to replay my life back to me starting w/ my childhood. I never thought this had a real effect on me b/c I chose not to tell anyone & I just acted like it never happened so to me it wasn't real. When God brought this back to me as something that I needed to talk about I did w/ my parents. I have really good parents. They r very religious people. I have a wonderful dad also. He has always been there. I never felt comfortable enough to tell my parents. I didn't want my dad to b upset & my mom to b furious. I was also ashamed. This hurt me badly when I was 5 or 6. I remember my mother painting my finger nails pink & red after this happened it it would make me physically sick to my stomach but I felt that I couldn't tell her what was wrong so I pretty much suffered in silence & I chose to forget about it.

Later in life I always chose the bad boy type. I don't know y. I guess b/c I've lived a sheltered life. My parents only let us go to family members homes. I can count on one hand how many sleep overs or parties I got to go to. So the guy I chose was very different from me. In fact he was horrible a flat out criminal (I learned this after I was I when so deep w/ him.) he was very abusive to me in every way. He cheated all of the time. He hit me all the time. I couldn't get away from him. I also lost a baby in this relationship. i had a really hard time. I prayed i was so tired & so scared so I prayed to God & the next day He got picked up & put in jail & from there he went to prison. God spared my life.

After that i had another boyfriend that was abusive but the first time he hit me i never saw him again. i stayed away b/c i knew from my first experience he would not change & it helped that we lived in 2 different cities. my next real serious boyfriend which i planned to marry i let him in my world my family loved him my church family loved him my friends loved him & my grandparents but he cheated on me & had a child behind my back. i didn't find out until a week before this child was born & it was the girl herself that told me. she called my job & did this in the most hurtful nasty way possible.i had no idea he was cheating I didn't know anything I felt like a total fool. I trusted him & he just stumped all over me. There are many more stories but my experiences have helped to shape my impressions & views on men. When I choose men I don't know how I end up w/ abusers or cheaters or just people that are not loyal. I have a hard time controlling my thoughts & emotions. I feel confused I don't know what's right in relationships or what's wrong. I am having a hard time understanding y my way of thinking is wrong it helps protect me I feel but then it hurts the person I'm w/ if what I am accusing them of isn't true. I don't want to hurt anyone I just want to love & be loved. I do not trust myself in choosing a man I have always made the wrong choice that is y I pray & ask God for help & guidance.

I am dating a guy that is so sweet however I also feel other ways about him. I have several thoughts about him b/c of the way he does things. He is a people person he does a lot of things in the public view. He is very outgoing. sometimes I feel like he doesn't understand me & I feel like when I ask him not to do certain things he ignores me. He continues to do these things that drive me. He says that he is not flirting w/ women but i don't believe him b/c of what i see. (Right now we r just dating we r not in a committed relationship). This type of relationship is hard for me to deal w/. I pray all the time but I know it's like u said I need to take action myself as well to help myself also. I do need therapy & I hope that I can afford to do this soon. I appreciate your help so much Jerry.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Agsunshine,
As long as you 'hide' these experiences and emotions and not confront them they will continue to control your life. The abuse is something that has taken control over you although you consciously push the experiences deeper from thinking about it. The pattern I talked about in choices of relationship is a part of the control. The guy you are dating now may or may not be the right guy for you. But as long as your senses are corrupted by unconscious stimuli you will not be able to tell right from wrong. He may the right person and just happens to have a strong introverted personality. By having these trust issues your 'intuitive' senses, those that naturally let you know true and false, is out of balance. That important psyche quality needs to function properly or you will remain at the mercy of the unconscious energies you have lived with. I strongly suggest therapy with a trained clinician or psychologist. No matter how great your belief in God is it is up to you to take control and do the deeds necessary to heal.

Please seek help. Life can be hell on earth if you continue to let these emotional conflicts ruin any chance of having a loving relationship with the right man.

Jerry

A Message From Jerry

Learn More About

NO KILL Shelters

No Kill Advocacy Center

Please Contribute

FREE SERVICE

Feral Cat Rescue Fund

Visit My Site

Help Me
Spay & Neuter

Feed & Care

MY

Neighborhood
Felines

Yes Jerry U r right. I am going to get help.

Thank U so much!!! I appreciate your time & kindness!!!

stats from 7-14-10 to the present