Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 3 consecutive night terrors, each worse.

Thank you so much for your quick reply :-)

Your analysis makes a lot of sense actually. I found as I was thinking about it through this "sequence of catastrophes of a day" I felt as though madness, or loss of control of my mind, may in fact be becoming imminent. I don't fear it though, it simply concerns me. I have been in IT for 21 years, and in the last 3 I moved into the hospitality industry. My stresses went through the roof. I am taxing my mind and body so hard that everyone says that I am cruel to myself. Almost 2 weeks ago my dad had a major stroke and even though I expect him to make a full recovery (based on the progresses and signs of neurological healing progress) I find myself terribly sorrowful for him. To see him that way, such a good man, who helps others get through hardships for a living. He is a famous Physiologist who uses cognitive behavioral therapy as much as possible and augments with drugs only when absolutely necessary for successful treatment. He is amazing at what he does and everyone (everyone) loves him. I took one of his favorite patients in to see him today and they both cried and were very supportive to each other. It was very good to see and I knew right away that this was good therapy for them both. In many ways I am my fathers shrink because of my intrinsic understanding of how his mind works and my "matter of fact" blunt way of processing and feeding back to him his own fears, anxiety, and troubles. I do this in a way he can digest easily and his treatment always goes well. I guess my view of people as computers that can be fixed with just the right formatted input, that they can digest, works well for him.

I am in the process of leaving this sector of the industry and I don't know where I am going next. I recently became divorced and share custody of my 3 daughters over a 600+ mile distance. Not a balanced share as you might guess, but my ex and I are relatively peaceful in our handling of the children. We don't use them as weapons as we have no desire to hurt each other, and we sure do not want the children to experience the full collateral damage of the divorce.

Life is tough, but that 3rd dream seemed like I saw directly into hell itself. It was quite the wake up call, as I agree, it is very likely my own mind warning me of the outcome of continuing to handle life as I do.

The list of my troubles goes on for miles, but as a "fixer" I suffer from rarely being able to address my own issues, and I find very few who can even find cracks, in my defensive walls, to even see me, for who I am, to even offer pertinent advice.

I think I may be suffering from major depressive disorder as well, which may be becoming a very serious thing. One of the reasons doctors do not like to prescribe Xanax for long term use. (Just one of many theories about my plight. 3 years and counting of 3mg/day.) SSRI drugs do not work for me and I am limited due to a strangely different brain chemistry than most. I hate complaining, I would rather take action.

I think the next step for me is to form a plan of action, and execute it.

You have a gift for the dissemination of dreams, and I thank you for your insightful response.

-W-

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33 South Eastern USA (NC)

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: 3 consecutive night terrors, each worse.

MT Wolf,
Please do form a plan and follow through with it. Life is short and you are the age I was when I decided enough of the stress and pressures and began a regimentation of physical fitness that has allowed me to be in a position few of my peers enjoy. When I discovered Jungian psyche 10 years later I was able to work on the mental part, especially the childhood issues that motivated me to take so many wrong directions when I was a younger man. I am now 64, retired and work with dreams every day {as well as maintain a moderate physical fitness routine to keep healthy}. I do not feel, act or even look my age because of the 30 years of physical fitness.

As for the drug prescriptions. I am of the opinion, and there is research that supports my position, that physical activity can reduce the need for many type drugs. As I stated in my analyzation stress will do more harm to the body that most anything else. You can treat these aliments with drugs {some people need them no matter what} but a moderate physical fitness routine can reduce and in many instances eliminate the need for them. Consider this as you look to change your profession.

The change of jobs. Find one that has less stress and develop a plan to further that cause. Another part of the process {the psychology} is to find that thing in life you love doing and if in any way possible make that your career. If not a career then give it an allotted time every day. It usually involves creativity, the hidden talent we all possess, that thing that satisfies the soul. I just happened upon Jungian psyche by chance when I was 42 and went from a sports crazed couch potato to building websites and interpreting dreams. I had this gift and one hour of life changed everything {watching the first episode of The Power of Myth. It was a synchronistic event that changed my life. We have two opportunities to do this, one when we are young {teens and early twenties} and again at mid-life. Your present mental condition may be that wake up call to 'follow your bliss'. I did and life opened up and has continued to do so ever since. It is a formula that fits with the laws of nature {the hero journey}. To quote my spiritual mentor:

“Follow your bliss.

If you do follow your bliss,

you put yourself on a kind of track

that has been there all the while waiting for you,

and the life you ought to be living

is the one you are living.

When you can see that,

you begin to meet people

who are in the field of your bliss,

and they open the doors to you.

I say, follow your bliss and don't be afraid,

and doors will open

where you didn't know they were going to be.

If you follow your bliss,

doors will open for you that wouldn't have opened for anyone else.”

A few who have followed their bliss {and were students of Campbell}
George Lucas, Linda Ronstadt, Jerry Garcia

As for your dreams. It aptly defines your condition. Dreams reflect the true self. There is no ego bias, it reflects the true self and the condition of the dreamer's. There was no doubt in my mind as I analyzed them the condition of your life. Often it takes some deep analyzing to discover the message of a dream but yours came across very clearly. Your response confirmed what I saw. Now that you have confirmed what you mostly already knew you must make changes or the dreams will continue to be dark and disturbing. You have the benefit of having a father who is in the field of psychology. He knows what the mind can do when it is over loaded. Find a psychologist {Preferably a Jungian psychologist who works with dreams} and start a new life going in the right direction. If you continue the path yo are one you will self destruct. Think of those who love you and depend on you if for no other reasons than to do so. The first Buddhist saying is 'life is full of sorrow'. And it is no matter what. But to what degree one will suffer depends on the individual. With the right tools anyone can make a better life. It is all psychological and when you begin to work to improve your psychology you put yourself on the right path to wholeness, balance and a better life.

Good luck in your journey. If you have other dreams you need help with the Dream Forum is always open.

Jerry

Do not feel obligated to contribute. This is strictly voluntary and does not affect your ability to post your dreams for analysis....Jerry

A Message From Jerry

Learn More About

NO KILL Shelters

No Kill Advocacy Center

Please Contribute
{Any Amount You Can Give}

My Dream Analysis/Interpretations Are A
FREE SERVICE

If you wish to show your appreciation please contribute to my
Feral Cat Rescue Fund

Click Here For More Information

Visit My Site

Brevard County Advocacy for Animals

Help Me
Spay & Neuter

Feed & Care

MY

Neighborhood
Felines

Click Here For More Information or to Make a Contribution

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present