Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Several weird dreams. Sex, cops, drugs,violence, fear, women, best friend.

Okay, cool. I took your advice and managed to remember this dream, today. ^-^ I'm not sure if you'd have preferred that I posted this as a new thread or replied here, but I figured this might save space.

There's an underground tunnel that two other people are trying to get through. One is an older man, the other is also male, but closer to my own age, but seems to be weaker than me. There are various kinds of dangerous animals in there. Boars, tiny ogres, large mindless orcs, arcane casters whom only do attack damage, and defensive casters whom protect their allies.

We go to the entrance and begin our journey down. The meandering tunnels conjoined and split off from one another. The older man goes on ahead, through mining chambers, dimly lit corridors, and wooden supports surrounding the walls. It's very dangerous, so we stay behind. I think he's going to try for the top of the spire. We hide behind a crevice, a thin rocky ledge where we're safe from the patrolling monsters, so long as we can balance. They spot us.

We run.

We get behind some bars on the side of a nearby tunnel. The cavernous antechamber connects with it, and the casters have noticed us, and begin to fire bolts of white, deadly energy. We're able to deflect them with our cloaks or dodge them.

(...)

We manage to sneak midway into the tunnels, into another antechamber. I notice there's a giant orc patrolling around 100 yards away, along with an arcane caster and a defensive caster. I tell whomever is with me to stay still as stone. We crouch into positions, knees slightly apart, squatting down, torsos still as the curtains behind us. I think we tried to wrap the curtains around ourselves.

An arcane caster, half a mans size, goblinny face, patrols near the outer edge of the room, on a road -like path that borders a large, again, cavernous hole with a near endless bottom. We're still as can be. They pass by and don't notice us! Exhalation, vivid relief. The defensive caster next, walks by the path. Safe again. The large ogre, next, walks by slowly. He moves, slightly, and I panic--thinking he's seen us, when he really hadn't; I dart from the still position, drawing his attention. The giant ogre notices me. He starts bellowing to the others, then proceeds to charge at me fairly quickly given his size, barreling down the cavernous courtyard of sorts. We are pursued. We flee back into the tunnels.

(...)

The man says to me, "don't worry, it's safe at the top," a large, genial smile on his face. We drive by the path we'd previously tried to approach deeper into the caves from--back towards the entrance. We continue to drive as we exit the entrance to these particular caves. The road is long and bumpy.

We drive past the arcane/defensive casters we had just nearly encountered a bit ago. They didn't seem to want to attack for some reason. Perhaps they were afraid of the car. In any case, we pressed on past them. "Don't worry," the man says again, "it's safe at the top, and I know of a shortcut," smiling widely and stupidly [Thanks for letting us know after we tried to take the long way!]; we make our way to the shortcut. I wake.

_________
So, would this continue with the pattern of an unconscious problem being a threat to coming to the surface?

And, since this is again a giant charging at me--this time he's smaller than the other huge creature in the war-torn-house dream, but he's faster, would that mean that the issue is also smaller, but more likely to rise to the surface?

Also, what do you mean by 'falling in line with the firm grounding I grew up on'? As in, I've accepted something my parents wanted me to do, or let myself be influenced by parental experiences from my childhood, where I hadn't been before (I was very rebellious)?

Also, if you don't mind me asking: what kind of personality issues would you think I'd have, just based on these dreams?

Thank you again for taking the time to read through all this and help me better understand things. ^_^;

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes.

Scott,
I'll comment on your most recent post on Thursday. I usually have time during the mornings to do my dream work and dream analyzation but my schedule has changed where I can only get to the gym early mornings until school begins again. The one other thing that keeps me centered other than my dream work is my physical fitness routine {something I have been doing for 35 years}.

Jerry

Click Here for details on how to help

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

No doubt. As I mentioned before, the fact that you take any time to take a look at my (and other peoples') dreams is very cool and very much appreciated. ^_^

Keep up the good work(outs)!

Scott,
Here is what I get from the dream.

The dream is focused on the two levels of your psyche {inner/unconscious and outre/conscious life}. Older aspects/older male of your psyche {experiences/influences from personal life or/and archetypal influences} as well as the result of those past experiences/influences on your current life {weaker male}. There are a lot of inner 'animals/emotional issues' that threaten your life and you need defensive mechanisms to combat the inner threats {what the dream is attempting to identify and get resolved}.
The unconscious energies are getting ahead, affecting conscious actions {psychologically}. The conscious self lets the unconscious motivators/energies lead the way. You are hiding from emotional issues. These issues cause you to 'run' when the road gets tough.

There are deep unconscious issues that cause to conscious conflicts. You have been able to deflect the emotional issues thus far in your life, dodging the issues but not resolving them.
You are constantly in a defensive position. This is due to the hidden motivators, unconscious energies you are doing battle with. The ugly part of yourself.

From the language describing the threatening 'animals/emotional issues' I would surmise you play some type of video games or Dungeons and Dragons.

The inner threats/Boars, tiny ogres, large mindless orcs, arcane casters pursue you in your conscious life {a manifestation of the inner conflicts}. There is one particular experience that keeps you on the 'edge'. You use conscious intent to defend against the inner issues {living our life being controlled by unconscious motivators from early life experiences/influences}. You are pursued by the inner emotional energies. There seems to be safety in thinking you are consciously in control but the unconscious issues are deeper than you realize. They tend to make your life difficult. It puts you in deeper jeopardy to think this way.

In summary the unconscious energies that are a result of childhood experiences/influences are what control your conscious life. My sense is you use certain 'escape mechanisms' to deflect these inner issues. Could video games be one form of escaping?

These issues also affect personality. There seems to be issues to do with relationships which would be a direct result from early life.

As for your questions. You ask, "would this continue with the pattern of an unconscious problem being a threat to coming to the surface?" They are being played out in your personality and how you live your life in the present. In that manner, yes they have come to the surface {consciousness}. The question should be 'do you recognized the issues and can you resolve the issues'?

"Also, what do you mean by 'falling in line with the firm grounding I grew up on'? As in, I've accepted something my parents wanted me to do, or let myself be influenced by parental experiences from my childhood, where I hadn't been before (I was very rebellious)?"

What I mean by this is you have fallen in line with the unconscious energies that are the result of early life experiences/influences, especially to do with parenting. You are unconsciously controlled by the emotional issues that have their foundations in early life. To identify exactly what they are will require further searching. And that would require a total search of your whole life, from birth to the current time. The issues are unconsciously controlling but what you need to do is to consciously identify what they are and begin the trek to resolve them. They come to the surface in your dreams but do you consciously know what they are and how to go about resolving them?

Jerry

Click Here for details on how to help

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

My sense is you use certain 'escape mechanisms' to deflect these inner issues. Could video games be one form of escaping?

Yeah, probably definitely; I do love my video games. I've played D&D before, but not a lot, and a few other table tops which I really enjoyed, but I don't really have a group, unfortunately.

I distract myself quite a bit with that kind of stuff, though: or reading (usually high-fantasy--influenced by Lord of The Rings--with magic, and dragons, and other various types of creatures).

Actually, yeah, that's all I've been doing, really. Work, eat, distract. I still live with my parents (due to the economy, my inability to live life on life's terms, and practicality), so all my time and a lot of my money goes into books and games. I've been on a reading binge, recently. Gone through 5 books this past month. Seems to have proved to be a better distraction than gaming.

There are a lot of inner 'animals/emotional issues' that threaten your life and you need defensive mechanisms to combat the inner threats {what the dream is attempting to identify and get resolved}.

Are escape mechanisms innately ineffective or can they be melded with some defense mechanisms?

There are deep unconscious issues that cause to conscious conflicts. You have been able to deflect the emotional issues thus far in your life, dodging the issues but not resolving them.

What are some examples of issues that have been resolved? A lot of mine seem to be memories, and from people I can no longer have contact with, so I'm not really sure what I could do about them.

To identify exactly what they are will require further searching. And that would require a total search of your whole life, from birth to the current time. The issues are unconsciously controlling but what you need to do is to consciously identify what they are and begin the trek to resolve them. They come to the surface in your dreams but do you consciously know what they are and how to go about resolving them?

Wow. My whole life. @_@ That's a lot of searching. So, in your experience, is this like a life long search?

Perhaps I know what they are, but most of my childhood is a blur. Defense mechanism, perhaps, but I still only remember bits and pieces: the only real stream of memories I have are when I turned 14, and those begin to get shady at 15, due to the onset of drug use, possibly in addition to defense mechanisms.

But, as for childhood issues, I have a hard time remembering anything from then. I know my mother is probably a cause.

So, I have to recognize the deeper, unconscious issues that still plague me, then find a way to consciously rectify them. And these issues probably stem from childhood, but there are more recent issues that can also cause the same type of thing? I'm not sure how to figure out what the unconscious issues are, because the dreams are so ambiguous.

I am aware of a few other large issues that haunt me, more existentially than any experience, but also a few experiences. I've assumed that time and just working and distracting myself until I go back to college this semester will help--to self-actualize: getting a degree is EXTREMELY important to me (but I suck at resolve), so I thought that would help--and that while both going to school and working will be too much to where I won't have time to focus on the issues that plague me.

Convenient so I don't have to actually face them head on, I suppose, but I don't really know how to resolve them. They seem to just attack me, then it seems I have large unconscious issues on top. @_@

1: I saved someone's child. Next, we're invited to their apartment.

We're at a cheap, rundown apartment with bars on the windows (some missing, beginning to unhappily see a pattern here). An older man says that he appreciates us helping him out so much earlier, then leaves for us to babysit the house (I have a feeling the other guy I'm with was the cause of his kid's trouble in the first place, but I was the one whom saved the kid from him).

We sit down and watch T.V. There's liquor in the cabinet, and I discover some Jack Daniels and Absolute Vodka while creepy, ******* guy continues to watch T.V. He's lanky, gaunt; I have a feeling he's not going to be calm much longer.

I'm supposed to go to work tonight, but I decide to drink anyway. I pour some Jack Daniel shots into these plastic mouth rinse cups (something I did when I was 20, for lack of real shot glasses.-- A few days before I had talked about the the ridiculousness of alcohol and how it was the worst possible drug in every aspect in large doses). I drink half the bottle through the day; the other guy finishes the other half.

Gaunt, crazy guy takes the bottle, then walks over to one of the unbarred windows and gets ready to smash it. I respond, "Nooooo! Don't you idiot!" He grins maliciously and quickly shoves the bottle into the windows, they sound as cheap as the apartment when they break. He moves the bottle around in the window, breaking the rest of the glass.

The window he broke was one of six, looking out over the parking lot. About two square feet encompassing two windows. Three of the six are barred.

Later, I'm very drunk and high from weak opiates. The guy (and his wife, possibly) return/s.I'm slightly worried about driving for work, but ignore the feeling as he steps up to his door to meet me.

The older guy coming home doesn't even mention the broken window--ahh, I see it's fixed, now.Weird how it was fixed so quickly, I wonder, looking at the new black, iron-looking bar over the broken window. I have a feeling that the rest of the windows had similar things happen to them, then were replaced and barred. Around 75%-80% of the windows are barred, now.

Adjacent to the window, on his front porch, he says, "I'm so happy that you saved my child. How could I ever possibly repay you?" I drunkenly stare at him, "The bottle of Jack and Absolute was a good start", too drunk for common courtesy, evidently.

Older guy smiles his big, toothy grin as in the previous dream (the smile is the same, not the man), "Oh, but we've brought all your friends from Narcotics Anonymous! All 25 of them! They're just up the road. Do you want to see them?"

I'm surprised, but appreciative of the gesture; so, I follow him and his wife (I think. Some woman whom doesn't say anything) up the road, muttering to myself that they're not really my friends. I see the group, now: big as can be. Many. Some few I remember from N.A., from when I was a younger teen, but one sticks out in the back. Another lanky kid, sharp nose, tall neck, fragile bones looks like, bit of a sunken face. (I know this one. He died. Knew him in rehab when I was 15.)

He smiles and blood starts flowing in a torrent through his closed, shining teethe, "Hey Scott," he says, still smiling and still bleeding through his teethe.

Terrifying flash memory inside the dream, it's just one picture: He's frozen in place, the gaunt, dead kid, his face looking up, past me, at an angle, into the space up and slightly away from me. His mouth is open, as if in a scream, and my eyes focus--much regardless of my own will--to the lacerations on his neck. Several red, clustered marks. Fairly large, around 3 inch cuts across, and deep, around 1 inch deep or horizontal. Some were more shallow than the others, probably hesitation marks. Definitely suicide. There isn't as much blood as I would have thought, as there would be with a neck wound like that.

I wake with his dead face frozen in my mind.

Never even really talked to the kid that I remember, at rehab. I do vividly remember seeing his neck scars and wounds, though. Attempted suicide. A very large laceration going down from below his ear to his collar bone, trying for the coradid artery and jugular vein. Right place, deep, but not deep enough. I remember thinking it would have been easier cutting his arm, near his elbow.

Or it could have been a different guy--whom I really liked and went to rehab with and N.A., after rehab--he attempted suicide with a sharpened toothbrush my first few days at rehab. Probably dead, too.

************************************************************************************

I'm at the store with 4 people, I think. Possibly my best friends older brother and his wife, some kid slightly younger than me, and a woman around my age. The younger male takes my hand and puts it on the woman's and says, "Don't you want to hold her hand?" I'm a bit stunned and remove it, looking embarrassed. The young guy is undaunted and takes my hand and puts it back in hers. I obviously want to, apparently, and the woman looks like she wants me to hold her hand, so I leave it this time.

(...couple mins)

Now the woman and I are in front of the checkout isle, in front of the cashier (or, rather, under the wooden checkout divider thingy, out of her view while the others checked out.) We're making out, and next things next, she takes her shirt off and is bare, we continue. (..) They leave for the van (my friend's mom had that van).

I get up and start walking past the cashier isles towards the exit. Another lady cashier asks me, "why were you under there?" (or something of the sort) I respond, "Oh, she had her shirt off." She looks surprised, but not horrified or offended as I expected, "oooooh, nice job," she says as she flashes a smile.

I'm out in the van with the others. They decide to take a detour. Suddenly we're next to the store, at what seems like an abandoned building. I don't like it. I really don't like it. I want to leave immediately.

"I've been here before," I say. (I do believe I've been here in this dream before. Though, I don't really remember it.) Someone else mentions going inside for kicks and giggles, and runs inside. I shout, "No! Don't!" Too late, they're already inside.

Next is the grotesque part. I'm forgetting some of it, but there are bodies on some sort of conveyer belt, up a ledge, on the second floor of the building. The conveyer belt is on the side, like a gutter, drain thing. It suddenly smells veritably acrid and musty, like decaying corpses.

One of the younger guys jumps up there. The building seems to have changed him in some way. Something is controlling him. He's wild. He wants the bodies uncovered, and on this conveyer belt. I climb a ladder and (I think it's my mother, one of the corpses). I push her off the side, she's just an empty shell now. Reverence for her body is ultimately burying or incinerating her body. I try to take her outside, but the others won't let me.

I manage to get outside. There's a field stretching out as far as I can see. Me and possibly a woman I was able to save (possibly the same one I made out with) can't go back to the house to get all the bodies, but we managed to crash the conveyer belt and drop all of them to the floor, and then we managed to destroy the building. Bodies are now scattered all along the outside of the building's rubble. Body parts, arms, legs, heads, sit in an array among the rubble.

It's urgent that we get away for some reason, possibly because the police are coming, or we're afraid they are.

We begin to cover up the bodies with various things. The plan seems to be to cover them enough with various things so that when construction workers come back, and somehow won't notice the bodies and will build something over it. We start by making some makeshift stairs down the slight incline that lead to the building initially. They look pretty **** good considering that there are corpses beneath, and we didn't have any tools or cement. (>_>) We leave the rest of the corpses in the building, laying around in and on the floor, somehow we're confident that the workers won't find them.

Something is mentioned about an odd creature somewhere in the middle of this dream. A giant which seems to only help one person; however, it's prophesied (of a sort) that there is a special one of these giants (something like a 5-10 meter, fuzzy giant, somewhat resembling a mix between a lanky, thinner gorilla with fur like that of those gremlins from the movie, but with some human facial features), whom will be a legendary creature, or one of a high rank.

This special creature whose name I forgot shows up at the end of the dream, while I'm walking in the aforementioned field. Initially, he shows himself as the normal type of creature (5-10 meters, can't remember exactly how tall he looked), but then, a few minutes later, he begins to transform. Suddenly, he has a golden coat with patches of brown in it, a giant red cape or cloak, perhaps. He's the legendary creature, and he's going to help me somehow.

Would this giant creature (which in the few previous dreams has usually been an enemy) being friendly now suggest that the issue I've been facing--the large one that was rising to the surface--has been resolved? I did make peace with my father last night after being very angry with him a few days ago.

Also, would you mayhaps say that a lot of the more grotesque or bloody dreams are more a metaphor for the severe damage to the psyche somehow? Or, I suppose, it varies from individual to individual?

stats from 7-14-10 to the present