Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Long Dream About Unconventional School

Had a post but it got eaten by spam filters. Lost it so I will try again with a summary.

Quote #1 - I would say working on this is an active focus on my life right now. My responses to other quotes expanded on that, but they're gone :(

Quote #2 - I only keep a lid when warranted. I unload on siblings, very close friends, and in therapy. I use the whole sarcasm/obtuse method when in the company of friends who I am not too close with.

Quote #3 - The intention is only to sever communication, verbally and in writing, with the parents. Given all I have learned about suppressing the unconscious over the years suppressing the unconscious energies regarding my parents is not the goal. I know from experience that would be harmful in the long run.

Quote #4 - According to other peoples' anecdotal evidence I was very outgoing as a very young child and would introduce myself to total strangers. That changed quickly and I was basically a recluse for a long time. Perhaps the pendulum is swinging in the other direction.

Thanks, and I look forward to your next reply.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28; NH - USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Anonymous,
I'll comment on your response on Thursday.I apologize for the filters but they sometimes do me in as well. They are a part of Bravenet's system I have little control over.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Anonymous,
Keeping a lid on it when warranted sounds as if there are times when the lid comes off. That couldn't be healthy even if the situation calls for it. It merely feeds into letting the ego self control the emotions {which it wants to do} and manifesting deeper issues related to the unconscious motivators. If you are working on resolving the inner issues your unconscious {the message in the dream} seems to be saying you need to do more or you are not making enough progress to counter the ego demand {the ego is a separate entity from the true self in Jungian psyche, one that resists 'therapy' because it prevents the body/desires to have what isn't healthy physically/psychologically and/or spiritually}. I take it you are consciously aware of your letting the lid off and intentionally do not to try to control it {with the people yo noted}, instead you are saying you use it as a offensive mechanism when it is actually an unconscious defensive device. To support the positive conscious life you are in now requires you to suppress these inner warnings {are you sincerely working on these inner conflicts?}. There are an abundance of motivating factors {from bad parenting/childhood?} that need deep introspection since the outer self can never fully change for the positive until the inner conflicts are resolved. I can personally attest to having an early adult life that seemed pretty good, while all along I was under the control of the unconscious motivators that caused actions on my part I deeply regret now. Once I realized there were these unconscious factors {discovering Jungian psyche and using his Individuation Process} I began the long task of resolving the inner psychological conflicts {like yours, a product of my childhood} because I could see the truth about my life during that period of life. Instead of subjectively looking at life, through Jungian psyche {and dreams} I have been able to look at things objectively and that is where you see truth. I've identified the controlling factors {resolved the issues from childhood}, isolated them where they no longer have any control over my life.
Note: The task of identifying, acknowledging and resolving the psychological issues in ones life is the ultimate goal and prime theme of the hero/heroine in mythology. Outwardly is a story about fighting an enemy {Star Wars was designed from these same mythological themes}. Inwardly is a psychological war to resolve the personal issues related to unresolved emotional conflicts. The two levels of dream address both aspects {outer/more recent conscious experiences that possessed emotional energies and the inner/the unconscious forces that are the motivators and come from life experiences/influences} using the same images. Following the hero path is to work toward resolving the inner issues that control the consciously life. The hero deed of accomplishment is to resolve the issues and find in ones life a physical, psychological and spiritual center which brings about harmony in life. The first 40 years are used to creating the conflicts, the last 40 resolving them {and in between you have a mid-life crisis}.

As for the pendulum swinging back the other way, that will not happen until you resolve the inner issues. The outer actions are a direct result of the inner conflicts. And as with the hero of myth that requires conscious intent and dedicated discipline. Your dreams are addressing these issues.

Jerry

Click Here for details on how to help

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present