Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Passing On A Number

Hi jerry.
After reading your thread "Numbers As Original Archetypes And In Dreams", I felt compelled to post a previous dream, seemingly relating to numbers, that I haven't yet understood.

The dream:
I'm in 'my' garden, tending to my plants, it's a beautiful sunny day. Two dogs are playing in the garden, one is my current dog and the other is vague and unknown to me. There's a fence running along the bottom of the garden with a gate in the middle. The gate is wide open and it leads to a wooded area just behind the garden.

A middle-aged couple and two German Shepherds appear at the gateway. The couple are admiring my garden and commenting on what a great job I'm doing nurturing the plants and how well they're growing. I immediately trust and like these people. They tell me that they are old friends of my stepfathers girlfriend and ask me if I could pass on their number to her. I agree and I pick up my tools and plant food and we all walk towards the house. I stop at the garden shed to put the tools and the plant food away, they continue towards the house. There are several broad steps leading up to the house.
As I enter the house, the couple are already stood in the kitchen waiting for me. I select a pen and a piece of paper and write down their number (I don't remember actually writing any particular numbers), the couple thank me and leave.

Afterwards, I've taken my maternal grandmother to the hospital and I'm sitting in the waiting room while she sees the doctor. My stepfather and his girlfriend are also there. I ask my stepfathers girlfriend if she got the message and she said "Yes, I did, thank you".
The end.

I noticed a 'maternal' theme to this dream.
I believe the the presence of my current pet along with an unknown pet could possibly be indicating a time frame, ie. now and in the future.
The only 'numbers' I noted were that of the people & dogs. Firstly, 1 person, 2 dogs, then 3 people, 4 dogs. Or 3 then 4, etc.
I feel I'm on the right track somehow, but not quite 'got it'.

Your insight would be very much appreciated.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33, UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Passing On A Number

Nicola,
A comment or two about your previous posted dream before I analyze this dream. It seems a lot in my analysis does fit with you and your life. Although everyone possesses unexplored/unknown aspects within their unconscious, the language in your dream seem to be quite explicit of those within yours. Proper dream analysis/interpretation is a matter of sensing/seeing developing patterns and although there are sometimes breakthroughs to actual personal experienced it is usually the outline that can be recognized. I drawn a sketch, sometimes with a specific description and the dreamer is left to match/fit into their life. You have done a great job in matching my analysis to your actual life.

Another possibility to the \'higher\' aspect within your psyche. It could have associations with \'learning important things about yourself\'. That places you at a higher level of understanding which would be the higher self. Intentionally seeking personal growth and spiritual growth is a part of that process. The spiritual growth could still be applicable {as you state is the case} but that would fit with learning important things about yourself since spiritual growth is the path one must follow to achieve true harmony in life. Of course there are the other new things also you learn about yourself, those things to do with the emotions/foundations/motivating factors. {This is the intent of dreams, nature\'s process of healing the psychological aspects}. Enlightening us to our true condition, physically, psychologically and spiritually. And the creative aspect is an important part of the equation in seeking Individualtion. But I consider that a part of the spiritual because our creative expressions are spiritual sharing. A piece of art speaks to you. The artist speaks to you from the soul. Music strikes an \'inner cord\' that soothes the soul. The musician plays from the soul. The spiritual search is \'soul\' work. Working with our dreams is soul work.

Your current dream
Being in your garden could very well be your personal/spiritual growth. Tending to those things that you wish to grow {personal/spiritual/and hopefully creative}. This is a positive aspect in your life {sunny day}. I often associates dogs as representing our human condition, we are human animals. There can be a lot of qualities associated with dogs. But your current dog would have associations to your current life. The other dog are those aspects still unknown, not yet experienced, or/and not yet recognized. The number two symbolizes both opposites as well as conflicts. Parts of you are still fenced off, dividing you from your deeper self {unconscious aspects}. But the gates are now open. When your path is leading you in the right direction, doors open and real growth is possible {woods}. This is due to the seeds you are planting that allow positive growth in your life. Working with your dreams could be another part of your garden, working with the inner self, growth of the highest possibilities.

Again we have the number two {couple and two German Shepherds}. Middle age could be a factor, \'working for balance, the middle\'. You are approaching mid life {35-55/60} and it is not uncommon for this to be a factor in dreams and life {reflecting the archetypal energies kicking in}. Both aspects are in accord which suggests a resolution of the conflicts, uniting the opposites. You are doing a good job with growing. This would be a statement of truth, a reflection of the conscious work toward growing in your waking life. Nurturing both the conscious life as well as working with those unconscious issues that bring about real progress {acknowledging the inner conflicts and resolving them}. You like this part of you, your life.

Then the dream seems to be pointing to personal experiences {as well as still commenting on your working to grow}. The actions would be conscious experiences that need to be performed. This is not predicting as much as it is suggesting/directing. Dreams seldom predict, the compensate what we already know which will point to the objectives needed to achieve a task in your conscious/unconscious life. Associations to some waking aspect to your stepfather\'s gf would be relevant {but still being metaphors for your inner self}. What aspects do you possess/seek would you pass on to her? This could also be commenting on qualities about her you associate with? It is a sharing of some kind, on one or more levels.

You are actively working toward this. You are working on emotional issues to do with your stepfather\'s gf. The house is your inner self as well as the physical life {your whole psyche. The broad steps may be a reference to the broad steps you are taking or/and you need to take to continue your growth.

There is a focus on the inner self {entering the house}. There you find the two aspects you are working with. The pen and paper is expressing yourself and writing it down is acknowledging the issues. The number is two, the wto aspects, working with the conflicts in our life, uniting the opposing aspects so you can achieve personal/spiritual growth.

I see your maternal grandmother as a symbolic reference to wisdom aspects {female/feminine} as well as waking personal associations. The hospital is a place for healing and the doctor is the inner healer {actual waking experiences can also apply}. Waiting may suggest a struggle. Sitting is being passive. This may be a reference to your current lack of progress. Has there been recent waking issues/experiences that could lend itself to this lack of progress? Often that is the case, we get bogged down with \'social duties/responsibilities\' and loose focus on the inner journey and personal/spiritual growth. Is there a conflict that involves your stepfather and his gf {and you or within you}? What message would you send her if there was one? It could be something that has already occurred {you had to first send the message}. Message received. Something was successful.

On the unconscious level you would be sending yourself a message. This would be focusing on the conflicts, issues to do with your stepfather/his gf. The healing would apply to this aspect. Communicating this message, acknowledging and working to resolve the issues. There is success to this aspect.
End analysis

This is my outline of your dream. I'll let you find where it all fits and answer back with your comments. I assume this was a dream prior to your first posted dream and because dreams need to be analyzed in a series this dream seems to be outlining your whole condition and the first dream {which was after this dream} getting into the specifics of unconscious contents and motivators. Let me know your thoughts and perhaps we will be able to recognize other patterns.

Jerry

Click Here for details on how to help

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Jerry

Yes, the number two, uniting the opposites and finding the middle ground would definitely apply. I have been consciously working towards this for a while. I've also been experiencing major inner conflicts for some time now, so I agree with that, too.
I'm also inclined to agree with the unknown dog representing unknown aspects, not yet experienced That makes perfect sense.
I should mention thar I associate German Shepards with loyalty, insight and particularly, intuition. I've had dreams before where I'm certain that a GSD has represented intuition and insight.

As for my stepfathers girlfriend, I've looked in depth at my associations with her, my feelings surrounding her in general and what she could possibly represent to me. My feelings surrounding her are quite positive. I like her and feel as though I connect well with her. There seems to be a lot of common ground regarding our overall perspectives. I discovered that she's likely a very similar psychological type (in Jung's theory). Same dominant function, but different auxiliary function. Which would explain the similarities regarding our perspectives. Unfortunately, I don't know how that could relate to me on a psychological or spiritual level. If she were an opposite type, I could easily perceive the meaning as a suggestion to expand my growth in that area, but of course, that doesn't really fit with a similar type.
The second possible association would be that she has a dark and mostly hidden side to her personality, one that I didn't sense was there. I'm intuitive about people and usually pretty good at sensing that something is 'amiss' with a person. Even now that I'm aware of it, it still doesn't affect my opinions or feelings surrounding her. I believe this contrast to her usual personality is possibly the result of trauma (quite horrific) she experienced during childhood. They're my main thoughts about her, anyway.
The last association that she might possibly represent to my mind would be some aspect of the Mother archetype. She's a mother and a mother figure, but obviously, not my mother and not an actual mother figure to me. Something of a 'lesser' mother archetype, if that makes sense?

They are the only possible associations that have come to mind. There's no inner or outer conflicts and I can't think of anything that I would 'pass on' to her.

Oh wait, it's just occurred to me. My stepfathers girlfriend is probably representing my ego.
Acknowledging yes, my ego acknowledging messages from my unconscious. That does make perfect sense now.
Thank you, very much.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Nicola,
The more thought you give to the message in your dreams the more you realize what you didn\\\'t know. I consider a big part of my efforts in providing an analysis of dreams is to get the dreamer to think about the issues I see in their dreams. In many cases that itself is the problem, not wanting to think about those experiences that are emotionally painful. But once hey open up to the realities of what is there they have an opportunity to resolve the inner issues. Often those who post a dream at the Dream Forum have already begun an examination of their lives and the dream is a big step in continuing that examination. But I dare say few stay with the inner search and remain behold-ant to the unconscious motivators. Or, it they are lucky, they store the knowledge they learned from their dreams only to revive their interest when life becomes so stressful they can no longer ignore the unconscious energies. That could come too late since it does take a lot of time. They have wasted their good years on living a life they have little control and when they find answers the end is so near they have little time to be their true self. But I guess better late than never is better tan never {I was 42 when I began my path to understanding and now I am 64. It took a good 10 years before I really began to realize the unconscious motivators in my life, even though I was working toward that}.

As for your dreams and the primary message. The last dream has a lot of positive images/references in it which undoubtedly reflects the path you are taking toward personal and spiritual growth. Even your 'Old Man & Dark Figure' seems to have positive references. If these are positive indications/reflections of your journey the dark figure and wise old man could indicate a real breakthrough in your journey to wholeness. The dark figure together with the wisdom of the masculine could point to the conscious and unconscious coming together. The balance that is needed of masculine/feminine psyche sometimes is indicated in a dream that shows these type images. So, the question I have is. Are there any negative experiences from early life you feel are still unresolved? Could the dark figure point to that {I don\\\'t see this in the dream}, denoting a possible encounter with a male that would have indicated a negative experience. Dreams always have more than one application/message and yours could be reflecting your true positive condition yet still probing deeper into your past {if there are unresolved emotional issues}. Your father has a new wife. Where is your biological mother and what part does she play in your life, and possibly in the interactions with your fathers\\\' gf?

I do get the impression the dreams are highlighting deep psyche sensory talents. Intuition is a great sense to be able to utilize. This plays well into your future. And it comes at a good time in life {Note: age 33, which if you look at it equals 9 when multiplied-the number of the universe and the goddess, and the superior feminine psyche}. The primary reason I am able to read dreams as well as I do is because I have a very good intuitive sense. One I have developed over time {we all have an intuitive sense, one of nature\\\'s gift for our survival but now seldom used since we no longer have to rely on it}. I get the impression you possess these abilities and having {you} studied Jung you are on a path of true enlightenment. Perhaps these dreams are pointing to this. At least on one level. Most dreams focus on resolved negative issues. But when life begins to blossom you will have dreams that are most revealing of the positive path you have chosen and the discipline you are using to move forward. Perhaps the strong animus qualities in your dreams has to do with this.
Your thoughts.
Jerry

Click Here for details on how to help

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Jerry,

I did have some negative childhood experiences, involving men. These affected me more than I had initially realised. I unconsciously carried a deep seated resentment and mistrust towards men for a long time. Once I recognized these underlying feelings (a result of the psychological experience I mentioned before) and their effects I began to consciously trace them back to their source and unravel them.
I've resolved them as far as I've been aware of them and able to do so. I do believe there's more that are still hidden from my consciousness. I don't know if the hidden aspects are some early experiences that have been repressed or it's simply a side of myself that I still haven't acknowledged. I think it's quite likely that the dark figure could be pointing to something from my past that is unconscious.
I remember a reoccurring dream that I had as a child. A man with red eyes would be watching me through the window. I began trying to analyze my dreams about 18 months ago after I had a very vivid and terrifying dream about a man with red eyes.

My Mother and I have a good relationship. I see it as healthy and balanced. She has suffered with mental health problems for a long time. This did cause some issues for me on a psychological/emotional level, but I've faced them and worked through them, also.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present