Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Please tell me what this reoccurring dream means!

i had a dream last night (i\\\'ve had it 5 other times before this) that when i sweat different kinds of gems came out like diamonds and rubies and stuff and it made my skin constantly look like i was covered in glitter and when i walked around light bounced off me and i was in a room (kind of like a school auditorium but a little different) with a lot of windows and there was a lot of people around me too and they were all looking at me with totally emotionless faces and they weren\\\'t moving they were all just sitting there and looking at me and i remember walking into the room with a smile and i was feeling really happy even though they were all looking at me totally emotionless and i stepped out into the sun and i gleamed and colour and light went all over the room and people stood up and cheered and they held me up to get better light and people closed their eyes and basked in the colours that bounced off my skin and people kissed me all over and treated me like a goddess and they worshipped me and brought me extravagant gifts and they made me a throne that was like 8 feet high and they all thought i was amazing and when i sweat and gems fell out people would fight each other to pick them up off the ground and then they would take the pointed end of the gem and press it against their foreheads and then beat it into their skulls with the heels of their hands and they\\\'d smile and throw their arms out and twirl when it embedded itself in their heads and they\\\'d have blood running down their face getting in their eyes and mouths but they didn\\\'t even notice they were just so happy to have a part of me in them and one man was too afraid of the crowd to get a gem from the floor so i made one special for him and he beat it into his head and blood covered his whole face and he smiled and cried and he took blood from his forehead and wiped it across my mouth with his thumb and he laughed at me because it looked like i had a clown mouth and i laughed too and smeared his blood across his face so he had a clown mouth and we laughed together and i took his hand and walked him up the stairs to the throne and we sat together but he sat in the seat and i sat on the arms of the throne because i needed to be higher up than him and people threw us flowers and wreaths but he handed all the ones he caught to me and i held them all in my arms and i waved at everyone and my colours and light went all over the room and everyone cheered and danced around in my light almost all of them were soaked in blood but no one cared they just wanted to dance around me, they sang a song but i couldn't understand the words because so many people were singing at once but i somehow knew that their song was about me and my shining skin and my beauty, the man on the throne next to me continued to cry until the dream was done but he always smiled

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 17, USA, Maine

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Please tell me what this reoccurring dream means!

Jenevive,
My sense is these dreams are pointing to a cry for attention. You need to shine out be noticed, not be taken for granted, loved, given emotional nourishment so you can blossom into someone important {you feel under appreciated}. You go out of your way to be noticed, perhaps do things just for the attention. I dare say you are not getting the love and attention at home and the dreams are your cry to be noticed, or you have this great need to be something greater than you are and seek much more attention than you are getting. It could be both, the first being the reason you have this great need for a lot of attention and the reason you do things you do to be noticed.

Two possibilities about the man in your dream. He may be a real person., someone you feel is special and who has returned the feeling. The two of you may share a lot in common. Both of you need attention and because he is in a higher position you need to demonstrate you are worthy of his attention. You {and possibly him if he is areal person} have learned to put on a smile while all along crying on the inside {clown}.

If the man is not a real person he then would represent your animus or your masculine self. If this is true he would provide balance to your psyche/life which would complete what you are missing. The masculine aspects would provide tools needed for this balance.

Summary
Two possibilities I see in the dream. One is you are not getting the attention in your life you need to be a whole person. If this is true then it probbaly has to do with family life at home. You also may feel you are not noticed by others at school or by friends and acquaintances. This would be associated with your family life.

The second possibility would be you are a creative person seeking attention for your talents. You need to shine out, have lights shine on you, made to feel important. This could very well go with the first possibility, the need for attention used in ways to bring it about. Either way I do see the dream giving a message that you desire more attention than you are now getting. Which it is only you can discern since dreams seldom provide a direct answer to emotional conflicts.

Note: Dreams have a language of symbol and metaphor and are about the dreamer\\\'s emotional life {especially emotional conflicts}. Dreams seek to help the dreamer resolve emotional issues.

Let me know your response and perhaps with a little more info I can better tell what the dream message is.

Jerry

Click Here for details on how to help

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

More info: i was much prettier in the dream than i am in real life, i had the same face but with bigger lips and i was taller and skinnier and shaped better and my hair was long and soft which is very unlike what it is right now i also had on a really nice dress, nicer than i could afford but definitely my style. the man was sort of a man i know, he wasn't anyone i know personally or anything, he's just the man that i imagine in my head when someone asks me what a perfect guy would look like or what kind of guy i'm attracted to and whatever. also, when people beat the gems into their heads they screamed really loud like it hurt (which i'm sure it did) but as soon as it was in it was like the pain never even happened. and when there was sound in the dream, like talking or something, it sounded like someone had put a pillow over the speakers face while they were talking, all the sounds were muffled and not understandable except for the screams and the cheering
oh oh also in the dream I was the one who was higher up on the throne, not him, he was like a foot lower than me and to look at him I had to turn and look down but he was always looking up at me when i looked

Questions: why did the man cry for the entire dream (from the time he showed up to the time it ended felt like about an hour)? why was he so happy even though he was crying? what is the significance of the self-maiming with the gems and all the blood?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 17, USA, Maine

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Jenevive,
My sense is the dream is addressing how you feel about yourself and a need for attention. In real life you are not the person you wish you were {in the dream}. I do think the dream is addressing your desire for attention since you do feel you are not as pretty as you wish and can not afford the nicer things in life. Be be prettier and have the better things would be like having people stand up and cheer for you, you would shine and glitter not only in your own eyes but also other people. In reality you feel people do not even notice you {emotionless faces}. To be noticed, to be prettier, to have nice things would put you on a pedestal and make you feel 8 ft tall. Instead of feeling ordinary you would feel like a real gem of a person.

As for the man in the dream. He is something you have made up {i made one/gem special for him-he is your perfect guy}. You wish for someone to match who you are {clowns with same mouth}. You would share the same seat and you would feel 'elevated' because of this perfect guy {if he were real}. As for his laughing and crying, these are the two opposites of what you wish for and how it really is. Much like a real clown, you are laughing on the outside but crying on the inside. This is the made up man you wish for on the outside, something you have had to make up on the inside. Crying on the inside until the dream is done but in the dream he brings a smile to your face {he is you-both clowns with the same smile}.

The dream reflects how you really feel about yourself and your desires in life. A cry for better things. A cry for attention. For someone to care about you.

Jerry

Click Here for details on how to help

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present